Paychex Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated 7 Jan 2021

3.7
Paychex President and CEO Martin Mucci
Martin Mucci
1,645 Ratings
Pros
  • "Great benefits even for part-timers(in 264 reviews)

• "Great work/life balance and benefits(in 209 reviews)

• Cons
  • "work life balance is not the best(in 83 reviews)

• "Sometimes sales reps fight over accounts(in 57 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 3.0

Great Job Security

3 Jan 2021 - Software Developer in Rochester, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Despite my cons listed, it is genuinely a decent job. Has great benefits Good pay Job security Flexible hours Great coworkers

Cons

A lot is expected with little additional benefit or recognition They don't "expect" you to work over time but the amount of work certainly calls for it Tons of talk about mobility in the company and ease of promotions but I haven't seen any sign of it in the 2+ years I've been working here

1 person found this review helpful

Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for this feedback. Are you signed up for job alerts on the internal career center? We recommend it to ensure you're notified when new opportunities are open. If you need help with this or the other internal mobility resources we have available, please drop us a line at glassdoor@paychex.com.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Need more hands hired

27 Oct 2020 - Senior Payroll Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

They are ethical and good overall as a company, great benefits, yearly bonuses

Cons

Huge work-life balance issues. They need to hire more people within payroll, specialists are being required to handle way more than they should be and for a lot less pay than other payroll competitors. Handling 300-400 clients payroll while being required to fix LARGE issues that pop up is unreasonable especially while newbies are meant to have time to train to get to senior status which also raises their pay but many are having to sacrifice this to spend time on projects/issues because stats are becoming everything. This could be an amazing company but they don’t want to pay for it.

Continue reading
      3 people found this review helpful
    3. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

There are better call centers out there

23 Oct 2020 - Rapid Response
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very accommodating to employees. Great benefits.

Cons

You have to begin employment in rapid response. They pitch that they want you “from hire to retire” though their rapid response call center is utterly exhausting. They spent a month training remotely. Very little information that was taught was actually helpful after being put on the phones. It seems like Paychex is outgrowing themselves. There’s not enough assigned specialists so they are overbooked and their clients are getting the short end of the stick and call in to rapid response and unleash all their rage for never being able to get a hold of anyone else.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

I've really enjoyed my time at Paychex so far!

5 Nov 2020 - Sales Representative in Omaha, NE
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, competitive commission structure, goal driven company, leadership/team culture, career advancement opportunities

Cons

Quite a few divisions have been transitioned to fully virtual/work-from-home positions

Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We're always happy to hear that our employees are happy!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Company to Sell For if You Are Willing to Work Hard!!

1 Apr 2020 - Sales Consultant in Costa Mesa, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Paychex always pays commission on time. If you are top 5%, you begin to make serious money. If you are top 1%, you make awesome $$. Medical benefits are great! Paychex is a big company where people still care. I have worked for 5 -6 different managers. I haven't had a bad manager so far.

Cons

Sometimes territory can be a little bit saturated since there are many sales rep. Sometimes sales reps fight over accounts. Some sales reps are not very honest and lie to sell to accounts that are not theirs. It is not Paychex's fault. It is the sales rep. Customer service issues have increased over the years as Paychex now offers more than 80 products. Hopefully, it will improve.

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful

Employer Brand Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback with us. We're thrilled to hear how happy you've been at Paychex. As you know, one of our values is Integrity so we'd like an opportunity to investigate your feedback a bit further - please email us at glassdoor@paychex.com. And we'll share your feedback about 401(k) with the benefits team. Thanks!

6. 5.0

Service Associate

3 Nov 2020 - Client Service Associate in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, great people. Love it

Cons

The hours are a little weird for me

Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for your feedback.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee

Great

7 Jan 2021 - Payroll Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits .good sick pay , vacation policy

Cons

Stressful too much work for the pay

Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great Company, to focused on the short term technology

25 Aug 2020 - Software Engineer III in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits. Paychex is concerned about the health and well-being of it's employees.

Cons

Upper management of IT likes to dictate process changes from the top down even when they adversely affect all teams. They advertise that they want teams to choose their own path but rarely allow them to do so until a lot of push-back has occurred..

Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. We truly care about the health and well-being of our employees in addition to their growth opportunity. We'd like to understand your experience more in an effort to improve. Please reach out to us at glassdoor@paychex.com.

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

disappointing

28 Dec 2020 - Customer Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

great benefits and time off policy

Cons

not paid enough, understaffed and over worked, getting promoted is a joke unless you know someone

10. 3.0

good company

5 Jan 2021 - District Sales Manager in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

great benefits and fast pace

Cons

you are a number and easily replaceable

Viewing 1 - 10 of 264 Reviews