Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated Dec 9, 2019

4.5
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison
  1. "Paycom is Defining the Future of HR Technology"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Paycom is working towards becoming a world class employer and is well on their way. As an HR professional, I feel that I have really found a home in working for the HR department at an HR technology company. They are 100% committed to employee engagement and retention, intentionally focus on culture and SO MUCH DEVELOPMENT. I have been invested in more here than in my previous 10 years in the workforce. They offer... competitive benefits and are improving their offering every year. No company is perfect, but Paycom is getting better every single year. The HR team offers multiple different avenues to give feedback regarding concerns or suggestions. Our C-Suite is present and visible daily. The opportunities to develop yourself and others are truly endless at Paycom.

Cons

It takes Grit and a winning attitude to work here. You have to commit to being better each day - that takes time and effort and energy. The results are worth it. Your work is meaningful and your compensation rewards performance.

Advice to Management

Continue to drive for excellence and dominate the industry. Excited to be a tiny part of the great things you are doing for OKC and the HR profession!

Paycom2019-11-05
  2. "Good"

Current Employee - Itern in Denver, CO

I have been working at Paycom part-time for less than a year

Pros

good fun environment for growth of career ////

Cons

Long hours lots of calls not much far away not close

Advice to Management

Keep Going

Paycom2019-11-16
  3. "Executive Level Growth"

Current Employee - Client Relations Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You are constantly surrounded by other people with your same mindset to achieve greatness. You have access to an unlimited amount of resources to ensure success. Outstanding work culture, and still have the flexibility to have a life outside of work. The person I was when I started with Paycom, is completely different to the Executive I am today.

Cons

The job is extremely challenging. For some people that would be a big con, but I am passionate about challenges.

Paycom2019-11-01

"Always Hiring for a Reason"

Former Employee - Team Lead in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cheap individual insurance. $1 per pay period.

Cons

Unqualified Leadership No work/life balance Lack of proper training Poor management The entire company is a rumor mill

Advice to Management

Paycom University is not an actual investment to your employees. Take the time to actually invest in the people you hire, and you may have less turnover. Also, some people may not be drinking the "Paycom Kool-Aid" for a reason. Investigate, take the time to learn from your employees, and take the time to invest in your leaders. Give them the resources and backing that they need in order to be successful.

Paycom2019-12-01

"Would not recommend for ambitious software engineers"

Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at Paycom full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Teams are very well organised 2. People are helpful

Cons

1. Too restrictive 2. No work at homes 3. Developer's contributions are not measured accurately 4. No proper company policy about relocation or temporary stay benefits. (Depends on the recruiter, if he/she is good they will accept your request for relocation charges. Some HRs directly reject requests )

Paycom2019-11-01

"Good, fast growing company"

I have been working at Paycom

Pros

Fast paced development environment Small teams

Cons

Fixed job timing Old technologies No work from home

Advice to Management

Please consider flexible timing and work from home option As a technology company, we need to adopt and use cutting edge technologies. Most of the technologies we use today are old, inefficient, and unscalable

Paycom2019-10-14

"I love my job!"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Working with the best people around (Kind, caring, passionate, team-minded) - Great benefits (Free on-campus gym and workout classes before and after work and during lunch; $4.00 catered, payroll-deducted lunches) - Many opportunities for growth - Strong continuing education programs (LEAD, ELP)

Cons

- Bad traffic at 8:00am and 5:00pm - Lots of overtime required in certain departments

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work in continuing to increase standardization, working to improve and document processes, and continuing to look for ways to decrease the number of overtime hours worked. These initiatives are making a positive difference!

Paycom2019-10-14

"Paycom as a whole"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Paycom is truly one of the best places that i've worked. They care about their employees and if anything personal comes up work with you to support your mental health. They listen to the employees ideas! Paycom is always changing and will do what they can as a company to make the employees happy. The benefits are outstanding. If you are single you pay $1 per pay period for medical. This alone is crazy for a... company and we are all very blessed to have this benefit paid for us.

Cons

High workloads and not enough pay. High stress atmosphere when year end comes up. Staffing is horrid. Some departments really need more employees than they are willing to hire. They do have opportunities to move up in the company but always go with the less experience person.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to listen to the employees when they say they need more employees, or raise the pay for those employees who do currently work in understaffed departments.

Paycom2019-10-27
  9. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Tax Credit Team Lead in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Paycom is a great place to work. They have great benefits to offer, with an amazing culture! There is plenty of room to grow in the company, and Paycom is always thinking of better ways to serve their employees.

Cons

There are no cons of working at Paycom!

Paycom2019-10-16
  10. "How The Jr. Executive Internship Transformed My Life"

Current Employee - Junior Executive Intern in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom part-time for less than a year

Pros

You get incredible hands-on experience with C-level executives. You're treated like another sales representative, not like just any other intern. You learn how to be a professional in the business world, as well as, your personal life. There are prizes and rewards for completing your metrics. The experience you receive in this internship is beyond anything I could have imagined! Led me to a part-time job and then a... full-time job offer before even graduating college!

Cons

Paycom is a growing company and is constantly experiencing change and can be difficult to operate in if you are not mentally ready for it. Always expecting results.

Paycom2019-10-17