Paycom Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated Dec 1, 2021

Found 135 of over 2,204 reviews

4.2
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison
1,590 Ratings
Pros
  • "Paycom offers some great benefits(in 135 reviews)

• "1 health insurance for myself is pretty nice(in 93 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Paycom has started embracing new technologies but I personally think they should start building their backend in other languages(in 359 reviews)

• "Work/life balance can be a challenge for certain departments during periods of peak business(in 187 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on

Tech

107.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Paycom~136736
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company

Dec 1, 2021 - Amendment Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and good culture

Cons

Could pay better for the amount of work

Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We're excited you're enjoying the benefits and culture at Paycom. We appreciate you being a part of the team!

2. 5.0

Amazing Recruiter!

Aug 6, 2021 - Paycom Specialist in Grapevine, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, amazing people, and great schedules, couldn’t ask for anything better! Abree R was amazing and made the hiring process so seamless.

Cons

I couldn’t find any cons associated with the job, all seems great!

4 people found this review helpful

Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review. We're thrilled to hear about your interview experience and welcome to the team!

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Opportunity

Aug 27, 2021 - Senior Specialist in Irving, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

-great pay -great benefits -huge opportunity to learn -great job for recent grad -so much room for growth

Cons

Hard to have work/life balance

Paycom Representative

We’re glad you enjoyed your time at Paycom! As part of a quickly growing company, we’re proud of the continued training opportunities we offer across all departments. We also encourage employees to find ways to achieve a healthy work-life balance and recognize that may mean different things for each individual. We hope you shared these sentiments before your departure and wish you the best!

4. 3.0

can sometimes be a lot

Aug 12, 2021 - Banking Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

overtime pay, great benefits, loses of options in positions and departments

Cons

lack of proper training but eventually you will get the hang of it

Paycom Representative

The success of our employees is important, which is why Paycom offers competitive compensation and growth opportunities. In addition, we continue to invest in a wide variety of training programs, and we’d like to learn more about your feedback. If you feel comfortable, please reach out to your leader or HR Business Partner to share more about these sentiments.

5. 2.0
      Current Employee

Good stable job

Aug 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, no prior experience needed for most positions, rapidly growing company

Cons

High turnover rate, management can be inexperienced, sink or swim mentality

1 person found this review helpful

Paycom Representative

We are glad you recognize our dedication to our team members, which is shown in numerous ways, including our top-notch benefits program. As a growing company, we have a quick-paced environment, but we are committed to providing our team members with the tools and resources they need to experience long-term success. We would like to learn more about your comments and encourage you to share your feedback with your manager or HR Business Partner.

6. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Gaslighting at its finest, take action

Jun 8, 2021 - Senior Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company does offer great benefits and compensation to their all of their employees. It is a diverse and inclusive company when it comes to age, race, and everything else. You can make life-long friends with teammates and colleagues. And I personally have had the honor and joy of getting to learn new cultures of my friends/fellow colleagues who hail from all over the world. I loved the daily catered lunches and on-site gym when we were at corporate (prior to the temporary remote work during Covid19). And lastly, I have learned so much over the years, which has ensured my place as an asset to the company and within my department.

Cons

Sadly though - the reality of this specific role, is that it has become toxic and mentally draining. And to my own discord, the leaders of the company have set us up to fail. Previously I thought that management must truly be unaware of the reality of the workload in this role. But after this last year. I now know that is unfortunately, not the case. The number of my assigned accounts have doubled in the last year. Mind you, not because I have new capacity and availability for more work, but because of the lack of anywhere else to assign them. Now here is where the gaslighting part comes in. When a specialist goes to their TL or Supervisor with the struggle of this, they are met with the statement of "lets work with your TL to help you better manage this like all the other specialist do each day. with no issue". This is the lie, please note that specialist talk (sometimes actually cry) to each other, all day. We all know that we are all in the same boat. And that no one - to our own demise - is succeeding. In fact, the reality is most of your senior specialist who hold SO MUCH knowledge and skill have quit or are already on the way out. Not to mention, the new specialist who are being brought in, quit immediately after training and seeing what the job actually is. Please note, that while yes, the overtime commitment of occasional additional work is expected - is communicated during the hiring process. The reality is 10-12 hour days, Mon-Fri You will never work simply 8 hours in a day. You are literally on the phone the ENTIRE time from 8am-5pm, with your own accounts you ask? no. The only time that you will have in this role to do the 100 plus emails you get from your accounts each day on top of that is to come in early, work thru lunch, work late, and work weekends. This job is not built for parents with young children who hope to be involved in their lives. Hopefully this sheds some light on the reason behind the horrible turnover that is occurring right now. Back to gaslighting, Management is making the situation much more worse by acting like there is no problem, and the current situation we all have found ourselves in, is 100% normal. I have done this job for most of my career at Paycom. I. am. adaptable. If I was not, there is no way I would still be here after this amount of time.

22 people found this review helpful

Paycom Representative

As someone who has been with us for several years, we greatly appreciate your service and are disheartened to read your review. We pride ourselves on having an employee-focused culture and being one of the fastest-growing companies in the nation. That doesn’t happen by chance. While an enhanced workload can be expected during certain times throughout the year to best serve our clients, we strive to create an environment where all of our employees can design a work-life balance that works best for them. Additionally, we’re proud of the work our PSD teams are doing and are working hard to hire talented people such as yourself. We encourage you to share your ideas on how we can grow and improve by contacting our HR management team at hrmgmt@paycomonline.com to further discuss.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Gave me growing pains in the best possible way! Great place, brilliant people.

Jun 11, 2021 - Communications Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and easy access to all things HR and management. The onboarding/training and development process, especially for junior team members, is outstanding. - I learned so much in the first weeks and was ready to hit the ground running in no time. My team members and superiors are all highly intelligent, brilliant people but also extremely supportive and collegial - no toxicity or back-stabbing found here! All in all, a great decision that will definitely further my career, and help grow my professional skillset and myself as a person. Here, anyone who's ready to make a move from an entry-level to junior or junior to a more senior role will get all the opportunity and expertise they need to succeed.

Cons

It's definitely true that it's a fast-paced and demanding environment, especially if you come from a non-corporate background, but it works because it's very well-structured and familial at the same time. I definitely went through some growing pains to match the energy and expectations across the board, but after two short months it's definitely manageable!

2 people found this review helpful

Paycom Representative

Thank you for the 5-star review! We pride ourselves on fostering a strong team dynamic amongst our employees and are glad you agree. We're excited to have you on our team!

8. 5.0

Great Place to Grow

May 25, 2021 - Team Lead in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits + good pay + plenty of opportunity for career growth. The culture within the marketing department is awesome. Everyone is friendly, collaborative and willing to help out in any way they can.

Cons

Still new, but my experience with Paycom has been great thus far. I have no complaints.

1 person found this review helpful

Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing! We're glad you are enjoying the culture and growth opportunities. Our employees make Paycom a great place to work and we appreciate you being a part of our team.

9. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Read the Specialist Reviews before applying

Jun 8, 2021 - Paycom Senior Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits. Great pay once you move up. & you will, quickly. Let’s get to the cons on that.

Cons

You’ll move up so quickly because they are selling products faster than they can keep PSD specialists. You’ll get high value clients that need experience but it doesn’t matter - you’re expected to figure it out. Other departments will not help you & at times make your life harder. ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING lands on YOUR shoulders as The specialist & you just better get use to it because if you think otherwise - you don’t have the “Paycom vision” Management could care less about how overworked or stressed you are. They will give you the go around about how they will take your feedback & see what they can do. They won’t. So many of us have given that feedback & nothing is done. Management absolutely does not have your back. It’s always the client is right & you are wrong. Get ready for an ungodly amount of calls. I take anywhere between 120-180 calls a week - 25-40 a day. Not even 15% of those are my actual clients by the way. On top of those calls I’m expected to schedule meetings with my clients, answer incoming emails (you’ll get around 150-200 a day) & all to be done between 8-5 because they monitor your overtime & you’ll be placed on a performance improvement plan if you can’t keep up because it’s obviously your fault. Most of us work off the clock to avoid getting in trouble & we do it so we can catch up. They take advantage of their workers because they know some of us can’t go & make the type of money working another job. You don’t have to have a college degree with this position. And because of that, some of us are trapped in this position because it provides for our family. But in return we are taken from our families. The home work life balance is nonexistent. You constantly worry you didn’t do something or that your client is going to escalate & you’ll get fired. My anxiety is through the roof with this job but I can’t leave because my family’s financial stability depends on it. All around this job just sucks. Overworked & there is no end in sight. They will tell you they are hiring so much but in reality only 3-6 specialists stay out of a 20-30 hiring class. That should tell you something... Look somewhere else or at a different position. I absolutely do not recommend this position.

14 people found this review helpful

Paycom Representative

We are disheartened to read your review as what you’re describing does not meet the expectations our company holds. As part of a quickly growing industry, our employees are held to a high standard; however, we do not expect anyone to work 24/7 nor would an individual get in trouble for asking for help. The health and wellbeing of our team members is a top priority, which is why we provide access to wellness coaches, an EAP program and other resources to help each individual to create the balance they need. Given you’ve already had discussions with your leadership team, we strongly encourage you reach out to you HR Business Partner or our HR management team directly at hrmgmt@paycomonline.com.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee

an OK place to work

Apr 29, 2021 - Tax Credit Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

provides great benefits, good co-workers

Cons

atmosphere is very glum and judgmental

2 people found this review helpful

Paycom Representative

We’re happy you enjoyed our employee centric culture and the benefits offered through Paycom. We take great pride in creating a supportive work environment and are disappointed to learn of your comments. If you feel comfortable, please reach out to our team at feedback@paycomonline.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 135 Reviews