Pendragon Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.9
Pendragon Chief Executive Trevor Finn
Trevor Finn

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The company likes to promote internally and rewards hard work" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Very long hours - often 60 plus a week, often with an expectation to pop in on days off as well" (in 9 reviews)

• "Communication from head office to dealerships is poor" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Proud to be Pendragon"

I have been working at Pendragon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dynamic, fast paced, your career is in your own hands as the opportunities are endless if you want to work hard for them.

Cons

Can be slow to act on decisions and plans.
    Training is basic and needs to be reviewed for people to truly excel.

Advice to Management

Leadership culture needs to be consistent. Dependant on franchise and who leads it there is a mini culture that isn’t always the Pendragon way.

11 Jun 2018 – Talent Team

Thanks for your review! Great to hear you are enjoying your time with us. We are continuously updating our training offering and courses so keep a look out for new opportunities coming you way!

2. "The culture lives up to the automotive industry"

Pros

- nice people
    - pretty relaxed
    - slow paced
    - top management are nice

Cons

- there's no progression
    - they sell you a dream
    - prepare to get treated next to nothing by 'leaders'
    - centralised and employees have little autonomy

Advice to Management

Please structure yourself!

3. "👍"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Pendragon full-time

Pros

Pushed hard and limited resource

Cons

Unsecured future with lack of communication

11 Jun 2018 – Talent Team

Thanks for your review. We aim for all team members to in the loop with our communications so will take your comments on board and look to improve this for you.

4. "Great People to Work With"

Current Employee - Marketing Leader in Annesley, England
    Current Employee - Marketing Leader in Annesley, England

I have been working at Pendragon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked here for three years now and in that time I've been offered countless opportunities to develop my skills and progress. I'm really given the scope to make the role my own and make changes within the business, instead of just being told what to do.

The department has grown massively since I started, and it's great to be able to have experts to bounce off. There are so many opportunities to learn new skills and you can focus your time on new areas if there is something you'd like to learn more about.

The best pro is the people - everyone is so friendly and happy to help! From my first day here I've felt welcome, supported and respected, and that my opinion is valued. My leader is very passionate and inspiring, and even the directors and CEO are friendly and approachable, and know you by name.

I have a nice company car, which adds to the sense of being valued, and the on site gym is a great asset (although it could do with some updating)!

Cons

The salary could be higher, I could probably be paid quite a lot more working elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing :)

11 Jun 2018 – Talent Team

Thanks for your review - great to hear you are enjoying your time with us!

5. "Telesales Agent"

I worked at Pendragon full-time

Pros

basic salary not too bad

Cons

lack of interest in training

Advice to Management

listen to how team leaders treat staff

8 May 2018 – Talent Team

Thanks for leaving us a review. We are dedicated to ensuring our team members receive great learning and development support so if you feel you could benefit from more training, please discuss with... More

"WORST COMPANY EVER- STAY AWAY"

Former Employee - Account Assistant in Leicester, England
    Former Employee - Account Assistant in Leicester, England

I worked at Pendragon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I truthfully can not think of any.

Cons

Poor management. Lack support. Insufficient training.

Advice to Management

If you like working for a company/person that lacks giving their employees support, enjoys undermining and patronising you then this role is for you.
    The dealership itself is very poorly managed and full of self righteous leaders. The company only seems to care about themselves and in a lot of cases will choose to cover their own backs rather than actually speak to their employees to find more suitable ways to deal with things. But do your self a favour and choose to work some where else!!

PS- If you don't stay longer then your contracted hours and work for free then be prepared for a very mardy accountant the next day!

13 Apr 2018 – Talent Team

Thanks for leaving us a review. Sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us but your feedback is important to us and we will take your comments on board.

7. "sales executive"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Blackburn, England
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Blackburn, England

I have been working at Pendragon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Staff are great , shame we are not valued members here.

Cons

"None whatsoever , no benefits whatsoever just dress it up and make you think your valued and getting something ha ha . Paying staff peanuts £5 a car what is that all about, shocking working hours and it is the worst place iv'e ever worked currently in my life' and that's no exaggeration. products you get paid peanuts again , no spivs no incentives , don't get recognised for loyalty and long standing service... seems a shame this place is the pits . cant wait to get out of here and no one i know is happy too, so who are you all kidding ?????
     We are working for less than minimum wage and the working hours are rediculous and dont get paid for the extra hours we do!
    The rich get richer and we are just rubbing rags and get less and less and are made to feel worthless, as i do.
     No staff moral no effort in keeping there employees & staff turnaround is unbelievable, in and out in no time you desprately need to look at were your going wrong as a company ?? " GREED" springs to our mind

Advice to Management

Look after staff , pay them a decent living wage and pay the going rate like everyone else , worst paid sales job ever.

13 Apr 2018 – Talent Team

Thanks for leaving us a review; sorry to hear you feel this way. We have recently changed the pay structure to place more of a focus on customer service, however all our team members still receive... More

8. "I am not a number"

I have been working at Pendragon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice colleagues and regional and dealership management approachable. Friendly working atmosphere.

Cons

Wages are awful, head office treat you like dirt, you have no input as to what they decide is best for your site despite the fact they have never even seen it or spoken to anyone that works there. You are lucky if you can get help from them or if they even bother to reply to emails (yes mmc that means you), apart from the girls in payroll.

Advice to Management

Give sites the chance to choose things like cleaners who do a good job not just replace a perfectly good one with a "cheap" one as they have done on many occasions, the bullying tactics of head office are appalling. I wouldn't know the CEO if i walked into him so couldn't give an opinion of him.

5 Apr 2018 – Talent Team

Thanks for leaving us a review. Good to hear you are enjoying your team and working atmosphere, and we will take your comments on board about the dealership-head office relationship as we work to... More

"A warning to anyone considering joining them"

Former Employee - Business Manager
    Former Employee - Business Manager

I worked at Pendragon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of internal promotion - if you have friends in the right places
    Training schemes are good

Cons

Internal promotion awarded to friends of higher mangers - meaning many internal promotions lead to bad managers and bad leaders, whose teams can't raise their concerns as the next level up is the problem manager's friend.
    Do not value staff retention - would rather cut wages and force people to leave due to finances and start again than keep good staff.
    Information does not follow chain of command - many important changes or info found out from gossip of a team below me rather than from my own managers.
    Over work and pressure staff - but undervalue and under pay them, considerably against other motor groups.
    Apparently it's ok for managers to repeatedly insult and abuse staff - never heard such foul language and blatant disrespect from many levels of management above me (and I'm not new to the trade or thin-skinned).

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff - people don't leave en masse for no reason.
    Be wary of managers promoting their friends - and check up on what that means for the business at the time of promotion, and beyond.
    VALUE YOUR STAFF - why waste money training people to push them out the business and to your competitors. Manners costs nothing (maybe train some managers on this???) and overworking staff is not long term sustainable (staff are losing many days of annual leave and lieu days, plus overtime hours - beyond disgusting)

22 Mar 2018 – Talent Team

Thanks for leaving us a review. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us - we hope that all our team members feel valued for the hard work they do but understand this sometimes isn't the... More

"Shocking lack of care for staff and customers alike"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Cheltenham, England
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Cheltenham, England

I worked at Pendragon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Knowing that you will eventually go home, but not at the time you should. Working with good people in the same boat as you.

Cons

Everything is an uphill struggle, from getting the resources and tools to do the job, to getting a car to go home in. Woefully short staffed and everything is done on a shoestring, and all in an alleged prestige brand. Shockingly bad customer service leads to daily complaints, meaning you will spend a lot of your time firefighting. The commission structure is laughable and strangely enough wasn’t brought up in the interview. Horrific staff turnover, which I should have realised when I went to the “induction training” which is run weekly at their facility in Mansfield and has in excess of 20 candidates every week. The training is absolutely useless and in no way prepares you for any of the systems or processes that are in use back at the dealership. Considering that they have their own in house systems which they apparently sell to competitors, training for it was non existent and the program is fatally flawed, acting more as a sales prevention than anything else. Service department that has 20 loan cars and lends out 27 means that you can kiss goodbye to the one perk you get along with any fuel you were foolish enough to have put in it, to then be sent home in a hire car if your lucky. I have never worked anywhere as unprofessional as this, the only saving grace is that all the other staff are in the same predicament and just waiting to escape. It was without a doubt the most depressing time of my life. Nothing I was promised was provided

Advice to Management

Pay decent money and retain your staff, invest in some proper training that will be of some use if you insist on sending people away for three days to a scabby hotel, as opposed to telling them about the fantastic benefits available.

5 Apr 2018 – Talent Team

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your time with us - regarding your induction training, this is important feedback to us as we are constantly... More