Pendragon Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.6
Pendragon Chief Executive Trevor Finn
Trevor Finn

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The company likes to promote internally and rewards hard work" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Very long hours - often 60 plus a week, often with an expectation to pop in on days off as well" (in 9 reviews)

• "Communication from head office to dealerships is poor" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Proud to be Pendragon"

I have been working at Pendragon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dynamic, fast paced, your career is in your own hands as the opportunities are endless if you want to work hard for them.

Cons

Can be slow to act on decisions and plans.
    Training is basic and needs to be reviewed for people to truly excel.

Advice to Management

Leadership culture needs to be consistent. Dependant on franchise and who leads it there is a mini culture that isn’t always the Pendragon way.

11 Jun 2018 – Talent Team

Thanks for your review! Great to hear you are enjoying your time with us. We are continuously updating our training offering and courses so keep a look out for new opportunities coming you way!

"Zero progression"

I worked at Pendragon full-time

Pros

Everyone seems to be friendly

Cons

Zero progression within departments that is only amplified by people in management creating jobs for themselves out of nowhere.

Communication within the marketing team is a joke. Deadlines will be dropped onto teams laps without any planning, then when the end product is not what they thought they will complain.

Ancient company standards in terms of technology. People working on laptops that can no longer support the demands and I hear the design team are working with broken equipment and software.

Advice to Management

Stop getting tunnel vision with only the new endeavours like Car Store. There's an entire rest of the company that are getting sub pay, sub treatment whilst the marketing team congratulate each other for having conferences. It's not a company for anyone under 25k. Once you hit that threshold you're forgotten about.

14 Aug 2018 – Talent Team

Thanks for leaving us a review, sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us. We are dedicated to providing all our team members with progression paths and opportunities to develop their skills... More

3. "Inbound"

Current Employee - Customer Retention Agent in Loxley, England
    Current Employee - Customer Retention Agent in Loxley, England

I have been working at Pendragon (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company if u have been trained to do the job they expect u to do

Cons

Very very poor training. Just expected to get on with what they ask after 2 weeks of being bombarded with info. Then u get paired up on the wrong section. Then u ask for more help and are just fobbed off. Not once did any manager check my abilities or ask or offer more support. Or sit with me and see what my strengths and weaknesses was. In end i just walked out as i felt was put in a situation i had no control over. My advice unless u have worked in a call center before avoid at all costs.

Advice to Management

To the line managers try to evaluate peoples skills. And try to train then one to one not 8 people sat at a table for 2 weeks. I walked out of this job after 2 weeks 2 days as of the very poor training i received.

31 Aug 2018 – Talent Team

Thank you for leaving us a review. We're sorry to hear you aren't enjoying your time with us. We are dedicated to giving our team members the support and training they require, so we will certainly... More

"Big problems in Marketing"

Current Employee - Marketing Leader in Annesley, England

I have been working at Pendragon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sometimes the discounted lease deals are ok but I have shopped around and got the same.

Cons

The Marketing team is a very strange place to be. They talk the talk about moving with the times and digitisation but in reality it all rests on impressing the right person in the department. Say ‘how high?’ when the ‘next-in-line-for-the-throne’ says jump or your life will be made hell.

The terminology of roles within the marketing department is not like anywhere I’ve worked before, almost like they're making it up as they go along. Marketing leaders are glorified web admin with everyone running around like headless chickens in a bid to get sales. There’s little desire to make key strategic changes that will mean happier customers because people don’t care enough. Why else would a company (Evans Halshaw) disable their Facebook reviews? You can see from the page comments that it’s about pennies and not people.

Add into that favouritism and a hefty dose of nepotism and the result is a sad but classic tale of keeping the millions being amassed within the ‘family’. The rich getting richer (and bragging about their wealth) while the worker bees slave away for national living wage with a huge expectation to stay late and work weekends for nothing. They throw in some free drinks at the end of the year at an awards event which is mostly attended by senior leaders and paid for by suppliers, you'll be rewarded if you're brining lots of cash in.

When they make a huge fuss internally about people being voted 'most influential in the industry', I'm unsurprised because, let's be honest, how hard is it to be influential when you're the offspring of the CEO?!

Advice to Management

The CEO seems like a driven, genuine bloke and is from humble beginnings. The amount he’s risen, can’t be copied or replicated and the all-in-this-together ethos gets lost beyond him so perhaps advise ‘directors’ to limit the amount of chat about their luxury lifestyles in Kenya, LA etc.

26 Jul 2018 – Talent Team

Thanks for your review, sorry to hear you are not enjoying your time with us. We have recently heavily invested in our Marketing department, introducing a fantastic bright new office space, new... More

"The culture lives up to the automotive industry"

Pros

- nice people
    - pretty relaxed
    - slow paced
    - top management are nice

Cons

- there's no progression
    - they sell you a dream
    - prepare to get treated next to nothing by 'leaders'
    - centralised and employees have little autonomy

Advice to Management

Please structure yourself!

4 Jul 2018 – Talent Team

Thanks for leaving us a review, sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us. We are committed to providing all team members with progression plans and development opportunities so it is... More

"👍"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Pendragon full-time

Pros

Pushed hard and limited resource

Cons

Unsecured future with lack of communication

11 Jun 2018 – Talent Team

Thanks for your review. We aim for all team members to in the loop with our communications so will take your comments on board and look to improve this for you.

7. "Great People to Work With"

Current Employee - Marketing Leader in Annesley, England

I have been working at Pendragon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked here for three years now and in that time I've been offered countless opportunities to develop my skills and progress. I'm really given the scope to make the role my own and make changes within the business, instead of just being told what to do.

The department has grown massively since I started, and it's great to be able to have experts to bounce off. There are so many opportunities to learn new skills and you can focus your time on new areas if there is something you'd like to learn more about.

The best pro is the people - everyone is so friendly and happy to help! From my first day here I've felt welcome, supported and respected, and that my opinion is valued. My leader is very passionate and inspiring, and even the directors and CEO are friendly and approachable, and know you by name.

I have a nice company car, which adds to the sense of being valued, and the on site gym is a great asset (although it could do with some updating)!

Cons

The salary could be higher, I could probably be paid quite a lot more working elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing :)

11 Jun 2018 – Talent Team

Thanks for your review - great to hear you are enjoying your time with us!

8. "Telesales Agent"

I worked at Pendragon full-time

Pros

basic salary not too bad

Cons

lack of interest in training

Advice to Management

listen to how team leaders treat staff

8 May 2018 – Talent Team

Thanks for leaving us a review. We are dedicated to ensuring our team members receive great learning and development support so if you feel you could benefit from more training, please discuss with... More

"WORST COMPANY EVER- STAY AWAY"

Former Employee - Account Assistant in Leicester, England
    Former Employee - Account Assistant in Leicester, England

I worked at Pendragon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I truthfully can not think of any.

Cons

Poor management. Lack support. Insufficient training.

Advice to Management

If you like working for a company/person that lacks giving their employees support, enjoys undermining and patronising you then this role is for you.
    The dealership itself is very poorly managed and full of self righteous leaders. The company only seems to care about themselves and in a lot of cases will choose to cover their own backs rather than actually speak to their employees to find more suitable ways to deal with things. But do your self a favour and choose to work some where else!!

PS- If you don't stay longer then your contracted hours and work for free then be prepared for a very mardy accountant the next day!

13 Apr 2018 – Talent Team

Thanks for leaving us a review. Sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us but your feedback is important to us and we will take your comments on board.

10. "sales executive"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Blackburn, England
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Blackburn, England

I have been working at Pendragon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Staff are great , shame we are not valued members here.

Cons

"None whatsoever , no benefits whatsoever just dress it up and make you think your valued and getting something ha ha . Paying staff peanuts £5 a car what is that all about, shocking working hours and it is the worst place iv'e ever worked currently in my life' and that's no exaggeration. products you get paid peanuts again , no spivs no incentives , don't get recognised for loyalty and long standing service... seems a shame this place is the pits . cant wait to get out of here and no one i know is happy too, so who are you all kidding ?????
     We are working for less than minimum wage and the working hours are rediculous and dont get paid for the extra hours we do!
    The rich get richer and we are just rubbing rags and get less and less and are made to feel worthless, as i do.
     No staff moral no effort in keeping there employees & staff turnaround is unbelievable, in and out in no time you desprately need to look at were your going wrong as a company ?? " GREED" springs to our mind

Advice to Management

Look after staff , pay them a decent living wage and pay the going rate like everyone else , worst paid sales job ever.

13 Apr 2018 – Talent Team

Thanks for leaving us a review; sorry to hear you feel this way. We have recently changed the pay structure to place more of a focus on customer service, however all our team members still receive... More