Found 213 of over 216 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "management are poor they rarely reward you for good performances and even if you have a good month its forgotten about the next day" (in 14 reviews)
- "Long hours very different experiences based on location" (in 12 reviews)
- "no training, difficult to get points of view across, no way of progression" (in 10 reviews)
- "meaning many internal promotions lead to bad managers and bad leaders, whose teams can't raise their concerns as the next level up is the problem manager's friend." (in 6 reviews)
- "No career progression (unless you're a yes man, or you're best friends with senior management)" (in 4 reviews)
- 4.030 Oct 2023Sales ExecutiveCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Great team always happy to help and welcoming. Management get involved with everything and work as part of a team to get things done, which is not seen at a lot of places so nice to see. Robust learning plan with no expectations Good salary Guarantee for 6 months Wages can be good if you put in the hard work Progression is encouraged if wanted
Hours can sometimes be hard work so not for the faint hearted, however this can be rewarded with dedication
- 3.030 Mar 2023Sales ExecutiveCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearHorsforth, England
The environment is fantastic, very enjoyable and great team
Too much work load on the sales staff, from arranging the pitch to sorting the prices. We have to check cars are valeted correctly as the company is too profit focused to hire a good team of valeters, instead they use assured group who use immigrants who are paid pennies for jobs, no wonder the cars aren’t clean, some of them have never seen a car in their life. Cars are also inspected lazily and no accountability goes to the technicians, it gets brushed off with “it’s a used car, of course it will have issues”. The pay doesn’t reflect the work we do and hours we spend. The commission structure hasn’t been changed in years, and a basic salary of £16500, which they believe is “competitive” is an absolute joke. And they claim to be reviewing this… it’s been over a year we’ve been hearing this, no wonder staff are leaving.1
- 5.021 Sept 2023Sales AssociateCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearChesterfield, England
Took alot of helpful info and tips away from the course with Sam. Great having f&I leaders with us and joining in.
Doing the video practice was good but explain its done in small groups to stop new starters get to worked up.
- 2.08 Jan 2023Transaction ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
Recently had two employee engagement surveys, and some have had basic wage increases.
Claims to support it's teams but lacks the delivery. Personal development lacks in many areas, including regular documented personal 1-2-1's and any PDP's, which are both sporadic at best. When you highlight issues to management, there's a lack of support from those above. When things are good its not celebrated enough, and when its bad its ugly. Pay lacks behind industry, despite pay rises recently they still lag behind competition. Poor pay always means job vacancies can't be filled. This puts pressure on those that are in the team to deliver an unrealistic result with the rescores they have . The board of directors procrastinate all the time and don't make leadership decisions they wait to see what others do. Unfair working practices and requests made my management regularly. There's a blame culture, and any feedback you get is always a s**t sandwich. It would just be nice to hear well done. Culture is not good and will not change in the near future.2Pendragon Response11mo
Thanks for leaving us a review. It's a shame to hear that you are not enjoying your time with us, and feel unsupported by your leader. We are dedicated to providing all our associates with the learning and development tools they need to help them progress to the next stage in their career. We have recently been working build a great culture here at Pendragon, backed by our vision and values, so we will take your comments on board.
- 2.025 Aug 2023Vehicle TechnicianFormer Employee, more than 1 yearKettering, England
Steady hours Monday to Friday and rotad saturdays
All about figures, toxic work environment, don’t trust any work colleagues
- 2.014 Jul 2023Business ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearManchester, England
You can meet a great team, depends which site!
Over complicated pay structure that even payroll mess up! Pay for management bottom half of industry.
- 3.024 May 2023Marketing ExecutiveCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearNottingham, England
Good pay for entry level, team are nice, remote working, lots of freedom with your job
poor progression oppourtunities, company matrix needs a bit of work
Pendragon Reviews FAQs
Pendragon has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 216 reviews left anonymously by employees. 52% of employees would recommend working at Pendragon to a friend and 46% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.
52% of Pendragon employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Pendragon 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.0 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.