Pendragon Employee Reviews about "hard work"

Updated 14 Sep 2017

2.9
Pendragon Chief Operating Officer Martin Casha
Martin Casha
Pros
  • "Challenging yet supportive atmosphere where hard work is recognised and the opportunity to progress your career is there with a willingness to succeed(in 5 reviews)

• "Despite what may be said TM’s are encouraged to be forward thinking and ambitious(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Poor management, bullied by cliquey groups, no progression opportunities, long hours and bad pay(in 18 reviews)

• "The training is absolutely useless and in no way prepares you for any of the systems or processes that are in use back at the dealership(in 10 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "hard work"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place to work with a wealth of career opportunities!"

5.0
    Current Employee - N/A in Nottingham, England

I have been working at Pendragon full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Challenging yet supportive atmosphere where hard work is recognised and the opportunity to progress your career is there with a willingness to succeed

Cons

- Large company so ensuring unity across the board

January 15, 2018Talent Team

Thanks for leaving us a review. Great to hear you are enjoying your time with us!

2. "Dealer Principle"

Dealer Principal in Hull, England

I have been working at Pendragon

Pros

Massive opportunity to progress if you are willing to put in hard work and totally live the job

Cons

Lack of autonomy and need to have one size fits all processes

March 7, 2017Talent Team

Thanks for the review - good to hear you've experienced the many progression opportunities with us!

"Trust and responsibilities in their employees"

4.0

I have been working at Pendragon part-time for more than a year

Pros

I moved to Pendragon after working in the utilities sector for almost 10 years and despite this being a difficult decision to make, I've no regrets. I was promised challenges, responsibility and self working which has certainly lived up to expectations. I've found they put absolute trust within you and you're given the opportunity to prove yourself with the support being offered when needed. They haven't held back with responsibilities either which has improved my skills set and confidence tremendously. I have an excellent team surrounding me, all of which is supported by management who you know are on hand when needed. In terms of personal benefits, I was offered part time hours to support my young family and I've found extra lengths have been taken to support me...in exchange for hard work, commitment and dedication.

Cons

Unfortunately there is a lot of stigma surrounding the Automotive Industry, however there is huge amount of work taking place in the background to increase our employer brand and treating our people as a priority. It isn't going to be a quick turn around, but I would recommend anyone to be apart of this change and see the differences take shape to make us "employer of choice"

March 7, 2017Talent Team

Thanks for your fantastic review! We dedicated to leading the industry, with a number of new online initiatives to transform our customers' experience.

"Fantastic Training and Development Opportunities"

4.0

I have been working at Pendragon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pendragon have a very good training and development program, good for internal team members to develop their career. Good reward for hard work. ,

Cons

They do work you hard but you are rewarded financially for this, you are expected to work long hours too.

March 23, 2017Talent Team

Thanks for the great review - good to hear you are benefiting from our progression and development programmes.

"Opportunities"

5.0

I have been working at Pendragon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pendragon have been very fair to work for in my career with them. There are many internal opportunities and those who wish to develop themselves and enhance their career are encouraged to via a range of development/talent programmes. The company likes to promote internally and rewards hard work. Leaders are approachable and are trying to change the company for the better

Cons

The stigma related to the nature of the automotive industry as a whole is present however Pendragon are noticeably working at improving working conditions and bringing the business forward to be an employer of choice.

March 23, 2017Talent Team

Thanks for the great review! Good to hear your are benefiting from our development programmes.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.