Peninsula Developer Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.9
Peninsula Managing Director Peter Done
Peter Done

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The range of training and development opportunities really is second to none (in 18 reviews)

• Training and development is second to none and is continuous (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • It is a fast paced environment which rewards hard work therefore if you don't want to stretch yourself it won't be the place for you (in 23 reviews)

• There is no cons I could think of (in 20 reviews)

1. "A Sales Professionals Dream! 🤞😁"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in North Sunderland, England
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in North Sunderland, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Insightful Induction
    Tremendous Training
    Superb Support
    Unreal Opportunities
    Big Buck$

I am still within my 4 week intensive training period and hey, pretty soon may possibly be made to eat my words but......
    .......even just based upon the limited knowledge I already have, I do not believe this will be the case.
    #bestjobever?...letssee😉

With the support you get in this role - I openly admit right now, if I fail at this, there is no-one to blame but myself!
    (And by fail I mean do not average earnings of £110k per year MINIMUM over the next 5 years!

Cons

None as yet...seriously.... ....and I've worked for some great companies, Calor, SAFC, Nike, Barclays and Philips to name but a few...

Advice to Management

Keep it Sales Focussed - reward your training/induction team and KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

15 Sep 2017 – Directors Office

Fantastic refreshing attitude towards working at Peninsula! We wish you all the best in your new career.

2. "BI Developer"

Former Employee - BI Developers in Manchester, England
    Former Employee - BI Developers in Manchester, England

I worked at Peninsula full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to learn, good benefits

Cons

The business is run by sales people, as such requirements change on a near daily basis

Advice to Management

Get a good plan and stick to it

2 May 2017 – Marketing Manager

We make sure to be ahead of the trends or react swiftly to a shift in the market. These changes have allowed Peninsula to grow year on year while others remain still. Thanks for the feedback, we... More

"Business Development Manager Review. Best Decision I ever made."

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Glasgow, Scotland
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at Peninsula full-time

Pros

Great sales led organisation where you feel valued. Exactly what I was promised at interview.
    Great team feeling at conferences where everyone wants to help you and see you improve and grow as a sales professional.
    Best decision I ever made was joining Peninsula and I plan on having a long career here.

Special thanks to Geoff Ford for giving me this opportunity. Also, the main people who have helped me since starting:
    Stephen Ball (Great training course and ongoing support for all areas)
    Paul Smith (Best manager I've ever had the pleasure to deal with, always supportive)
    Geoff Ford (A very busy man but always puts time aside to speak to everyone making you feel very valued in the sales force.
    Owen Clark (Owen has helped me on a day to day basis improve in many areas of my role, I can't thank him enough for his help since starting).

I have a lot of respect for all my colleagues but especially the people above who have helped me a lot since joining the company.

Cons

Different departments could work better together.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the opportunity!

11 Jan 2017 – Digital Reputation Co-ordinator

Great review! Thank you. We love to have feedback from our employees and it's always pleasing to read it when they genuinely love what they do.

Dan - Peninsula

5. "Literally the best place I've ever worked."

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Newcastle upon Tyne, England
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic earning potential, hard work is greatly rewarded, loyalty is recognised, the training and on going support is second to none! Incentives are the best I've ever seen, commissions and bonuses are brilliant and everybody just gets on and is competent. There's a reason why nobody leaves!

Cons

It can be challenging but if you don't mind working hard you'll do well and reap the rewards. I'm literally struggling to think of any cons as such though.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

6. "Fantastic company to work for."

Current Employee - Business Development Manager
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really interesting work that makes a big difference to businesses.
    Excellent training.
    Positive team environment where colleagues are friendly and willing to help.
    Quarterly sales conferences with content that is useful, interesting and inspiring.

Cons

Hours can be long.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

7. "A great employer"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in London, England

I worked at Peninsula full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hard work and dedication is rewarded highly, great benefits to sales team means you can work hard and play hard. I've been to New York and Miami and had a BMW all free thanks to Peninsula.

Cons

None, if you enjoy working hard everyday then Peninsula is for you.

Advice to Management

Always keep wages under review and try and come up with unique and fresh rewards for sales.

27 Oct 2016 – Digital Reputation Co-ordinator

Hard work is a must at Peninsula, we encourage and push all our employees to deliver the very best service and support to our members and we have great rewards for their efforts. Thanks for taking... More

8. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Cardiff, Wales
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Cardiff, Wales

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hard work and the right attitude will find great reward at Peninsula. It's a bit like joining a cult (in a good way!), everybody is focussed on getting clients on board and then keeping them by delivering exceptional customer service. As a former business owner I know that our services are needed by clients making this a very ethical business. Great knowing that everything I say to prospects we can, and do, deliver - all day, every day.

Cons

Very few, especially considering the size of company

Advice to Management

keep up the good work and keep innovating

12 Oct 2016 – Digital Reputation Co-ordinator

Well we've never been called a cult before! But thank you for taking the time to provide us with your great feedback.

"Business Development Manager"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Manchester, England

Pros

Without a shadow of a doubt the best employer ever ... simple as that!!

It's not often I write reviews, however, I felt compelled to write one regarding my current and hopefully long term employer Peninsula.

I've been with Peninsula for just over 3 months now and I got the feeling I'd made the right move from the get go. The interviews are not just about what you have to offer Peninsula, but what they have to offer you.

The attention to detail is second to none and the emphasis on team work is exceptional. From the minute I started my training to the present day, everyone is warm and welcoming from the receptionist to the MD. You just get the feeling that you have been with the company a lifetime and made to feel wanted and an integral part of what is a very professional and organised company. The training programme is the most in-depth and informative training I have ever taken part in. The Training and Development Manager is so well informed there is absolutely no stone left unturned. Everybody wants you to succeed. You are constantly updated of any legislation changes, case law and this can only be a good thing for current Peninsula members and potential new ones alike.

Cons

I literally couldn't say anything negative about Peninsula and would recommend them to potential members as well as potential employees.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Immediate line manager is very supportive and this is reflected in the whole team.

29 Sep 2016 – Digital Reputation Co-ordinator

Fantastic feedback and we really appreciate it. Our employees are our biggest assets and the rewards and benefits we offer are second to none. Thank you

Dan - Peninsula

10. "Best Company to Work For 2014, 2015, 2016 and beyond"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Oxford, England
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Oxford, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a sales professional I am managed and supported fantastically well. I am rewarded for my efforts better than any other company I have worked for. Best of all I feel valued as an employee

Cons

All the cons I could possibly give are directly linked to the time and effort I put into the job, but without the aforementioned time and effort, I wouldn't receive the rewards and benefits I do. Like all fantastic jobs the cons are so tiny in comparison to the pros!

Advice to Management

Encourage the staff in the field to commend and praise the staff in the office for all their fantastic efforts, I personally don't do this often enough

11. "Business Development Manager"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Preston, North West England, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Hitting & Exceeding Sales Targets on regular Basis. Talking daily with Directors, Owners, Partners on a Business to Business level and feel this is where my strengths are.

Cons

Staying out 3-4 night a week

1 Aug 2016 – Digital Reputation Co-ordinator

Your role of showcasing the support and advice we can provide to a prospect is vital and one that is highly rewarded. We really appreciate your feedback.