Peninsula London Reviews

Updated 27 Apr 2020

4.6

"Great employer, talented colleagues."

Current Employee - Health and Safety Operations Manager in London, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Peninsula has been an excellent employer for the last five years and I look forward to another five years with them. They are fast-moving and innovative. I work with very talented and passionate colleagues.

Cons

Not so much a con, just keep up the great work.

Continue reading
  2. "Graduate Employment Law Field Consultant"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in London, England

I have been working at Peninsula for less than a year

Pros

I have worked for Peninsula for just over 2 months on the graduate employment law consultancy programme and the training I have received so far is second to none. Coming from a non-HR and employment law background (attaining a degree in Business Management and gaining experience in general management roles), I have been provided with excellent resources to get up to speed with the required knowledge for the role. Previously I worked on a graduate programme with another company and the materials provided pale in comparison. The company are also funding my CIPD level 7 in employment law showing continued support in my learning. My role is field based in London, where I work from home and travel across London to conduct visits with our clients. Being based from home could seem somewhat lonely but the regional managers, existing consultants and development team based at head office have been extremely supportive throughout my development and are always on hand with any questions I may have. Plus, saving time and money each day not having to commute each way to an office and the strong ethos of employees having a work life balance make it the perfect role for me. The role also includes great holiday entitlements, including your Birthday off, comes with a company car and the opportunity to earn additional commission through sales. Overall, the package for a graduate is great and I would strongly recommend a role with the company!

Cons

So far I am yet to find any downsides- the only thing that might not be for everyone is because the role is field based there is no requirement to go into an office everyday.

November 16, 2018Employee Engagement Specialist

Thank you for the detailed review, we love reading such positive comments. We're pleased to see your excitement in your new role and wish you all the best for your career with us.

"Immoral"

2.0
    Former Employee - Consultant in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Peninsula full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility, reasonable salary, good benefits

Cons

Demanding, unreasonable, misleading, poor communication.

November 1, 2018Employee Engagement Specialist

We're disappointed you found us to be unreasonable at the same time as being flexible. If you'd like to give more feedback we can use to improve as an employer please contact us at feedback@peninsula-uk.com

4. "Best company I have worked for!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time for less than a year

Pros

I very recently joined Peninsula and I am very happy that I made the decision to do so. The support is next to none and without a doubt Peninsula is the best company I have every worked for. I look forward to many more years working here.

Cons

There are no cons at present

5. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Litigation Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working for Peninsula for less than a year. This is Fast Paced, varied, interesting work covering a variety of employment law issues. This is an amazing team, very supportive and helpful. A lovely group of people especially in the legal services and work force planning departments. The work itself is engaging and requires attention to detail. Management are very supportive and take time to listen and respond. It is a very open and supportive environment. An excellent opportunity if you enjoy travel and Law.

Cons

There can be such a thing as too much travel at times, and the workload can vary from manageable to extremely pressured, but it is swings and roundabouts depending on client needs.

October 10, 2018Employee Engagement Specialist

Thanks for providing a review of what it's like working at Peninsula from a field perspective. We are always looking for new ways to make sure workloads are more consistent and managing travel for everyone. We appreciate the great feedback you've provided and we take on board all sections of your review.

6. "Good Company to work for with plenty of room for progression"

Current Employee - Health and Safety Advisor in London, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast paced environment, varied role with plenty of opportunity to expand your career. If you work hard you will be rewarded. Training is ongoing and there is plenty of communication through the team in which helps when being on the road for the majority.

Cons

If you are not good at time management or a varied role the job isn't for you.

7. "BST"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Peninsula full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Friendly Atmosphere - Dedicated mentors - Opportunity for growth

Cons

- Position itself is tough. Cold calling takes a lot of perseverance to become successful.

April 19, 2018Directors Office

It's good to see you're enjoying the role within Peninsula. As a BST in the sales team 'cold calling' is actually very very rare, opportunities are presented to you via several avenues and they should all be given the same focus for new business.

8. "Excellent Support and Team Work"

Current Employee - Health & Safety Field Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Peninsula Business Services Ltd is a good company to work for. The company offer many opportunities for employees who wish to develop and enhance their work skills. The workforce is competent and workers are extremely professional in their areas of responsibility and are the company’s main asset. Teamwork compliments the efficiency of the company operations and this in turn assists with the high standard of service delivery.

Cons

We work hard to maintain and deliver the high level of service we provide which is difficult to quantify. Statistics can only provide general service delivery information but that is what statistics are for.

October 13, 2017Directors Office

We're pleased you think we're a good employer and appreciate the feedback you've provided. Thanks for taking the time to write your review.

9. "It does what it says on the tin!!"

Current Employee - Health & Safety Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I've worked for Peninsula for more years than I care to think about now, but certainly have no wish to work anywhere else. The company really values its employees and the benefits are extensive. Peninsula is continuously striving to improve, which makes work life exciting, with new challenges on a regular basis. Support from the management team is second to none, with ongoing one to one communication, team briefings and national meetings where we get to mix with other departments and have a real view of the whole company. CPD is encouraged and supported and there are always opportunities within the team to get involved in wider projects.

Cons

Working in the field can be a lonely existence at times, especially if IT glitches occur. Be prepared to put the individual effort in to ensure small issues don't become large ones.

October 13, 2017Directors Office

We really appreciate the great feedback, we love reading reviews from our employees who clearly love the job they do. Thanks for your continued support and loyalty, it really appreciated.

10. "Fast paced but a company worth working for!"

Current Employee - Health and Safety Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

No micro management, management are approachable, good bonus schemes, flexibility within your role, full autonomy of managing your own time, no day is the same which keeps the job alive, good opportunity to progress your career if you want to excel and go up the ladder, clients are lovely to work with and self rewarding to see how far they have progressed with your assistance.

Cons

As a field consultant you miss out on office perks and Christmas parties :0(

October 13, 2017Directors Office

Thanks for the great feedback we really appreciate it and its pleasing to read your thoughts on working in Peninsula. The Christmas party is open to everyone within the business as well as the smaller department parties.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 34 English Reviews