Peninsula Reviews

Found 1,060 of over 1,076 reviews

3.9
Peninsula Managing Director Peter Done
Peter Done
Pros
  • "I've worked for Peninsula for 7 years(in 241 reviews)

• "Training and Development is next to none - You are supported in getting a level 9 CIPD award in Employment Law when you join(in 57 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No downsides to working at Peninsula(in 103 reviews)

• "Can sometimes be too fast paced(in 56 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Consulting

Join the conversation on

Consulting

284.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/consulting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Peninsula~746949
    Join the conversation on
    1. 4.0

Great Culture

Jan 28, 2022 - Account Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Culture Nurturing onboarding process Offer all the tools necessary for success

Cons

so far all is good.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

So happy I took this job

Jan 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Beautiful office building right near Victoria station Co-workers are wonderful, everyone works well as a team looking to help each other succeed Supportive management, trust you to do your job and recognise when you do it well Great career prospects Fast paced, creative environment….days go by so quickly Ambitious but achievable targets with the support you need to reach and exceed them Little things like fresh fruit on Wednesdays make a big difference Allowed to get on with your job without being micromanaged Ideas are heard and experience valued People are free to be themselves, everyone is welcoming, professional and kind

Cons

Slightly old fashioned attitude towards remote working, would be nice to have some flexibility and option for hybrid working Some may find the fast paced environment a con, but I enjoy it

Client Experience Co-ordinator

Thank you for your review. We’re so pleased that you are enjoying your role and our workplace culture, and that you feel supported by management and colleagues. As you have stated, there are fantastic opportunities to advance your career within the Peninsula group, and our many workplace perks, like free fruit, are our way of showing our appreciation to our wonderful staff All comments raised on this platform are read and considered by our directors, so thank you for sharing your suggestions with us.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Always happy to be here

Jan 10, 2022 - PR and Marketing Manager in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Can be very fast-paced at times

Cons

Some people fail to keep up

Client Experience Co-ordinator

Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback. Our environment is dynamic and can be fast paced, the primary role of our management team is coaching. We work hard to improve and make sure that the culture that we have created continues to be a supportive one where people enjoy their roles and can progress within the business. We would really appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience further so that we can better understand your concerns.

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

It's okay.

Jan 5, 2022 - Inside Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people that you work with in inside sales are great! Everyone is around the same age range, and there is a lot to get from your co-workers, including tips to being successful, and will make the experience enjoyable. Immediate management is supportive. The first tier of sales bonus is attainable. CEO is awesome!

Cons

Oh boy, there's a few to watch out for: 1. You're almost shunned if you leave right at 5:00 PM. You're "encouraged" to work after 5 to show your commitment. 2. The more vocal you are, the more attention you'll get. This is obvious, but it seems like certain management prefers quiet reps who can be manipulated. 3. Not very flexible in practice. Set lunch and break periods. Breaks and lunch periods are when people should be using the washroom, or when they need to collect their thoughts (because, sales). Again, you'll bring more attention to yourself if you take washrooms/stress breaks at non-break times. 4. One of the senior management (IYKYK) should be more behind the scenes as they are not the best with speaking to sales reps and tends to rub people the wrong way with their distasteful comments. Very clearly a company plant in disguise of being a resource for the sales reps. 5. As with most inside sales roles/teams, turnover is crazy high. However, not enough people are coming in, newer reps are essentially tossed on an island and only one person handles all of the training. 6. 6 month probation period. In terms of the sales aspect, this is fine as it does give some greener reps more than 3 months to develop their skills. However, you are constantly reminded of the 6 months, and you don't get benefits until after the 6 months. 7. Salary is on the lower end for Inside Sales.

3 people found this review helpful

Client Experience Co-ordinator

Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback. We would also like to thank you for over 4 years’ service with Peninsula. We are pleased to see you highly valued your colleagues, manager and CEO. Regarding your comments on working hours and flexibility, we are sorry to hear you feel this way; this is not a culture we recognize. We actively encourage staff to work their contracted hours only, and to take their breaks and lunch periods. We are sure that you can appreciate that breaks are scheduled to help ensure that departments remain operational. The welfare and retention of our employees is of paramount importance to us, and we work continuously work to ensure our staff feel supported in their roles. A six-month probation period is standard practice for sales roles, and we have a range of financial-based initiatives for the team which sees top performers earn high rewards. We would really appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience further so that we can better understand your concerns and ensure we can support employees the best that we can.

5. 4.0

Great Workplace

Dec 25, 2021 - Technical Team Intern in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great support -Career development opportunities

Cons

No cons of working at Peninsula.

Peninsula Response

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review. We're really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, we wish you all the best in 2022 and with whatever you decide to do next!

6. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Profit over people and a boys club

Dec 25, 2021 - Administrative in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Nice modern office environments -Company is doing well financially despite pamdemic

Cons

-“Boys club” culture of leadership and management -No enhanced maternity pay -Auto enrolled in pension 3 months after starting rather than from starting month to save the company money

9 people found this review helpful
    7. 1.0

Great learning, terrible culture

Dec 20, 2021 - Human Resources Consultant in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learning gained is second to none which makes the work interesting but also means it is more of a stepping stone for most. Some staff are fantastic in there and work so hard!

Cons

There was plenty, quantity over quality always, no comms between sales and advisory services (or respect), there is no such thing as culture there which is shocking as they do not practice what they preach. All staff were forced into the office during a pandemic and a level 5 lockdown, in fairness people were so worried and if you did get covid while in the office it was total hush hush. If you can’t even apply some decent HR practices then what good is it to staff? You are a hamster on a wheel with few benefits and absolutely no down time! It is a draining enough environment.

9 people found this review helpful

Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We take all feedback very seriously and are sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your experience working with the company. Concerning your comments on culture, we work tirelessly each day to ensure our staff feel supported and that should they need assistance, that they know we’re here to help. Team Leaders and Managers work closely with their teams each day, providing support and encouraging open feedback in our regular team meetings and on an individual basis. We also offer one-to-one time with our Managing Director, regular Q&A sessions with our Global Group COO, and an Employee Assistance Programme as a benefit. These options would have given you the opportunity to discuss your concerns and have played a vital role in retaining staff, which is extremely important to us. With regard to bringing our staff back into the office, the intention was that, as an essential business, it allowed us to better support our clients and colleagues. Furthermore, it simplifies and improves communication between the various teams. Should an employee test positive for COVID-19, it’s treated in the same manner as any other illness where its nature isn’t disclosed to colleagues to maintain confidentiality for our employees. We would like to assure you that our offices are COVID-secure and we have always operated in accordance with government rules and advice. In addition, we have implemented a voluntary COVID-19 testing program for staff members who have chosen to continue to work in the office. We believe this demonstrates our commitment to the health and wellbeing of our teams. Our Managing Director would be grateful for the opportunity to discuss your experience further with you. If this is something you’re happy to do, please let us know by emailing roifeedback@peninsula-ie.com and we will arrange a suitable time.

8. 5.0

Great place to work

Dec 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic culture. Great benefits. All round great place to work

Cons

None that I can think of

Peninsula Response

Thanks so much for your great review, we're really pleased to hear that you're enjoying working with us!

9. 5.0

Great Experience

Dec 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team Open communication Great learning and development

Cons

N/A to my experience thus far

Client Experience Co-ordinator

Thank you for taking time to leave the 5 star review, we would also like to thank you for over a years service with Peninsula. We are so pleased that you are enjoying your role and working with the team.

10. 5.0

Great company to work

Dec 14, 2021 - Accountant in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Nice team and environment - Work life balance - Good vibe - Work from home in pandemic

Cons

- so far so good now

Client Experience Co-ordinator

Thank you for the 5 star review, we would also like to thank you for over a years service with Peninsula. It is great to hear that you enjoying your role.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,060 Reviews