Peninsula Employee Reviews about "fast paced"

Updated Oct 20, 2021

Found 103 of over 1,075 reviews

3.9
Peninsula Managing Director Peter Done
Peter Done
Pros
  • "I've worked for Peninsula for 7 years(in 241 reviews)

• "Training and Development is next to none - You are supported in getting a level 9 CIPD award in Employment Law when you join(in 57 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No downsides to working at Peninsula(in 103 reviews)

• "Can sometimes be too fast paced(in 56 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Consulting

Join the conversation on

Consulting

281K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/consulting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Peninsula~746949
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "fast paced"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Peninsula

Sep 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very friendly and fast paced environment

Cons

There are not many cons.

Peninsula Response

Thanks for your great review! We're glad to hear that you enjoy working for us, we appreciate the feedback and honesty!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company to be a part of

Sep 8, 2021 - Advisory
      Business Outlook

Pros

All staff are dedicated and passionate about what they do and this creates a great team atmosphere. There is genuine pride in the service we provide to our clients and I have never worked with a better bunch of people. The managers are all very hands on and work with the teams so that you always have support if you need it. The work is fast paced and challenging but this is what makes it so rewarding and interesting.

Cons

Some people find the work is too challenging for them so you need to make sure that you are ready to take that next step up to a professional level advisor role before you join.

Peninsula Response

Thanks so much for your great review. We're really pleased to hear that you feel supported and have pride in the work you do - we care about all of our clients and it's our culture of support and passion for what we do that helps us to deliver excellent service. Thank you for all of your hard work.

3. 5.0

Great for Development

Sep 8, 2021 - Senior Employment Law Consultant in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Development Opportunities are massive, open to all, and provide you the opportunity to further your skills and experiences within a wide range of sectors.

Cons

Fast paced nature of business isn't for everyone, and salaries are not as great as some internal opportunities. This is made up with the experience you get.

Peninsula Response

Thanks so much for the feedback and apologies for the delay in reply. Our culture can sometimes seem to be a bit fast paced, but we're glad to hear that through everything you have gained invaluable experience with us and skills across a variety of sectors!

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great to learn and develop!

Sep 8, 2021 - Employment Law Consultant in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Always allows you to develop your knowledge and skills

Cons

Very fast paced! Be prepared to learn how to multitask quickly!

Peninsula Response

Thanks so much for the feedback. Our culture can sometimes seem to be a bit fast paced, but we're glad to hear that we've been able to support you in developing your knowledge and skills with us - this is the culture of colleague care that we always try to foster.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Excellent service for businesses and excellent place to work

Aug 12, 2021 - Senior Human Resources Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great service for businesses through a challenging time. Great city centre location. Excellent training. Great colleagues and a management team who care. Looking forward to the social side starting again following COVID as Peninsula People is a great social committee.

Cons

Fast paced and will challenge your knowledge but having worked in other HR roles your technical aptitude will never be as good as when you work at Peninsula.

Peninsula Response

Thanks so much for your positive review! As a valued colleague, we appreciate you taking the time to give us positive feedback.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic Company, Hard work but Enriching experience

Jun 16, 2021 - Employment Law Consultant in Belfast, Northern Ireland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training, Excellent management, Good salary, Great cross office working, Very well oiled machine, Great exposure to senior management, fantastic communication tools available across the organisation, great opportunities to increase salary through referral. Would absolutely recommend this Company to anyone wanting a career in HR. The training is amazing and the money is fantastic. Very accommodating management as well if any queries come up. Want to highlight Ceire Watson in the Belfast office as being absolutely fantastic in her management role. Extremely supportive and encouraging to me and a credit to the Peninsula team.

Cons

Very fast paced which at times can cause stress. Multiple and moving targets which feel hard to meet. A lot of demands placed on advisors. Culture of working towards the weekend 'nearly friday' attitude.

Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, we're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at Peninsula Northern Ireland and that you felt supported by your team. We wish you success in the future.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing exposure to all aspects of HR and clear opportunities for progreasion

Jun 7, 2021 - Employment Law Consultant in Glasgow, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

You gain an incredible knowledge of HR management and Employment Law. Abundance of training and learning material Clear paths of progression and career development is a big part of the role. I have recently applied and was successful for a corporate business partner role. Trendy city center office is also a plus!

Cons

The work load can be quite full on and is very fast paced, as long as you are prepared for this it is fine. If you get bored easily then this is a good job for you.

1 person found this review helpful

Peninsula Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments, we're really happy to hear you are enjoying your role!

8. 5.0

Great place to be

Jun 1, 2021 - HR- Consultant in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent company to work for, lots of perks, opportunities for progression and support. I work in the Face2Face Department, which is a varied and challenging role. No 2 days are the same and the chance to travel to offer clients support is a massively rewarding experience and offers a break from the usual 9-5 office workday. Ongoing support is offered and the training I have received has been excellent.

Cons

The workload can be high at times, but that comes from the fast paced nature of the industry and is managed well.

2 people found this review helpful

Peninsula Response

Good afternoon, thank you for taking the time to leave your comments, we're really pleased to hear you are enjoying your time with us and wish you all the best in your role! Kind regards, Sarah

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Everyday is different

May 28, 2021 - Peninsula Face2Face Consultant in Chester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- A fast paced working environment where every day is different - Working across different sectors and building relationships with clients from all industries - The knowledge and support offered from colleagues / the company is brilliant - a lot of upskilling and training offered. - A growing team so lots of career / development opportunities - Field / home based - Commission opportunities to increase salary - Benefits such as annual leave, birthday off, bonuses

Cons

- Workload can be high at some points but this does not go ignored by senior management

1 person found this review helpful

Peninsula Response

Good afternoon, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, we're so happy to hear your comments and how excited you are about the role! Wishing you continued success with us, kind regards, Sarah

10. 5.0

Something new everyday

May 28, 2021 - Paralegal
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Each day you are handling and therefore learning something new - Fantastic supporting team, always there to help out when you need it - fast paced and rewarding

Cons

Can be high pressure, but again this is rewarding

Viewing 1 - 10 of 103 Reviews