Peninsula Employee Reviews about "hard work"

Updated Sep 29, 2021

Found 70 of over 1,075 reviews

3.9
Peninsula Managing Director Peter Done
Peter Done
Pros
  • "I've worked for Peninsula for 7 years(in 241 reviews)

• "Training and Development is next to none - You are supported in getting a level 9 CIPD award in Employment Law when you join(in 57 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No downsides to working at Peninsula(in 103 reviews)

• "Can sometimes be too fast paced(in 56 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Consulting

Join the conversation on

Consulting

281.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/consulting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Peninsula~746949
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "hard work"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Abundance of Opportunity and Support

Sep 8, 2021 - Training Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Staff are supported by their team leader and management from day one of joining our Debut team in Employment Advice through highly rated career pathway programmes and, management development. There are so many benefits to working here, including working with such fantastic and hard working people who want to do their best to support our clients.

Cons

Some may say its hard work, but that's because the company want you to be the best you can be and support you with that. I cannot see any cons.

Peninsula Response

Thanks so much for the feedback and glad to hear that you're enjoying the benefits of working for us. Our culture can indeed at times be a bit fast paced at times, thanks for your honesty there and for your help in shaping and maintaining our culture of care for our colleagues at Peninsula.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best Decision!!

Aug 18, 2021 - Human Resources Policy and Documentation Business Partner in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I made the decision to completely change my career just over three years ago and have not looked back. I went from working in retail to joining Peninsula as an Employment Law consultant. I have have been amazed by the amount of progression that is a available within the varied aspects of the business Hard work is reward at Peninsula. You have a fantastic work life balance. The company provides numerous perks for their employees. It feels like a family I can honestly say that it is a pleasure to come to work.

Cons

Having worked at Peninsula for over three years now I can honestly thinks of no cons that spring to mind.

Peninsula Response

Thank you for the taking the time to leave us a great review, we really do appreciate feedback from all of our colleagues!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A fantastic place to work, challenging, excellent for personal growth and very rewarding.

May 26, 2021 - Health and Safety Consultant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been with Peninsula over a year now as a consultant in the South East and have very much enjoyed my time here, the company helped me to achieve my qualifications required for graduate IOSH membership and I am now working on my next development phase. No two days are same as a consultant and you get exposed to a good variety of environments and meet some incredible people on the journey. As a place to work the company are very inclusive and hard work is rewarded which is very encouraging, their is a clear path for progression as a consultant with goals and objectives that are reasonable to achieve. The company are also looking at ways to improve itself and how it delivers its service such as improving the reporting systems we have. If you are thinking of applying for a role at Peninsula then my advice would be to do it.

Cons

One of my previous observations is that the sharing of knowledge between departments is not where it should be, however in recent months I have noticed a big improvement in the internal communications which is fantastic.

Peninsula Response

Good afternoon, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We will pass on your thanks to the senior team! Kind regards, Sarah

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic company to work for

May 26, 2021 - Health & Safety/SafeCheck Consultant in Birmingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working in the health and safety/safecheck team l have found the following: - Great team to work with and very supportive (a lot of the team are field based however you always feel there is always someone a phone call away if you have an issue or problem which is great). - There are plenty a avenues to earn commission, l believe this is the most rewarding company i've worked for financially because they really do reward employees for the hard work and hours they put in. - Communication with management is great, you feel like a valued member of the team and they are always on hand to motivate you to bring the best out of you. - Personal development programmes i.e health & safety programmes

Cons

The workload can be a lot sometimes but this is due to the number of clients we service, but l will say that management are great in helping you manage your work load and time whether that is tips/advice or adding more admin time (where necessary). So there support is there, you just need to ask.

Peninsula Response

Good morning, thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback on your role. It's great to hear you're getting the support you need to continue to succeed and we wish you all the best in your career! Kind regards, Sarah.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great team and development opportunities

May 24, 2021 - Health & Safety in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Too many to mention! I have worked in the H&S Department for over 5 years now and love working here. My favourite thing about working here is being surrounded by so many knowledgeable people and field specialists, you really learn something new every day. Amazing colleagues, really generous annual leave package, lots of fun things to get involved with not to mention all of the fundraising they do for local charities. Hard work is recognized at Peninsula, there are so many development/training opportunities so if you are a grafter and keen to learn you will be rewarded here.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Peninsula Response

Good afternoon, thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on your time with us, we're really pleased to hear you're enjoying yourself in your role! Kind regards, Sarah

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great training and interesting working day

Jan 15, 2021 - Employment Law Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

- speaking with so many small businesses throughout the working day gives you a great perspective and experience into the world of an employer - colleagues are friendly and sociable, everyone looks out for one another - pay system promotes hard work and commission opportunities are exciting - if you allow yourself to do so you will learn a lot through working here

Cons

- you have to chase things up for them to happen sometimes

Peninsula Response

Thank you so much for leaving your feedback, we're really happy you enjoy speaking with our vast client base, and learning new skills from it!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Brilliant company for progression

Jan 14, 2021 - Employment Law Consultant in Belfast, Northern Ireland
      Business Outlook

Pros

• Continuous learning and development • Brilliant support from management •Motivated colleagues with great team players •Supporting businesses from a wide range of industries, so great opportunities to build personal knowledge •Rewarded for hard work

Cons

High volume of workload, but can be managed and contributes to own learning and development

Marketing Executive

Thank you for leaving feedback on your experience, we're really happy to see you are benefiting from the training available and are continuing to learn and develop in your role.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

The best company I have worked for!

Jan 8, 2021 - Employment Law Consultant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. The opportunities in the company to grow and develop are endless. 2. Management are exceptional, the support and praise you receive is unbelievable, you even receive post cards from the directors thanking you for your hard work or if you have helped out in some way. 3. The training is 5 star and there is so much you could learn forever. 4. Earning potential is high. 5. The knowledge you learn on the job is incomparable.

Cons

No cons at all fantastic company!

Peninsula Response

Social media and communications specialist

We are always happy to read such positive feedback about working at Peninsula! It’s brilliant to hear about how much you have benefited from the training we provide

9. 5.0

Innovative and fast paced

May 10, 2020 - Senior Employment Law Consultant in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

For those willing to work hard, want to learn and develop their own knowledge, and make genuine career progression, then Peninsula is the perfect environment. The training and resources are excellent and the support available on a daily basis is second to none, meaning you can get on with performing your role to the best of your ability. Hard work is rewarded with generous salaries based on a structured performance review process and in addition this there is ample opportunity to increase your earning further. The work in itself is extremely rewarding as client’s needs can vary greatly. If you are motivated by challenging yourself on a daily basis whilst also providing the best service you can for clients then you will thrive. Along with the great support structure there is also a friendly social aspect to the role with the Company actively arranging various events and corporate days often in aid of charity.

Cons

Whilst certainly not a negative, the work can often be very fast paced and with client’s needs varying so greatly it is a challenge you will need to embrace and enjoy. The role requires a determined and resilient mindset as much as it does any other attributes, which serve to make your successes all the more meaningful.

1 person found this review helpful

Employee Engagement Manager

We really appreciate your feedback and comments on what it takes to be successful within Peninsula, thank you.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

So rewarding

May 4, 2020 - Senior Employment Law Consultant in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I must start this review by noting I joined Peninsula a month before COVID-19 really started effecting the UK. Rather than feeling insecure in my position, the management team made me feel empowered and capable of dealing with the extremely high volume of work. Their ability to adapt so quickly to the change in circumstances is astonishing for such a large company. Peninsula is a place where sucess is celebrated, and hard work is rewarded be it monetary or through opportunity. I've never before joined a business where all promises made at interview were met mere weeks into joining the business. The support is second to none, if you are looking for a business with drive and passion to develop your knowledge, career and even confidence I would highly recommend considering a career at Peninsula. The training programme conducted by various staff from senior management, to consultants themselves has elevated my knowledge in the legal and technical realm of employment. If you are keen to develop, whether you have 3 years or 30 years experience, I can confidently say you will all whilst working a rewarding job. I've had the absolute pleasure to work alongside Gavin Daniel and could not speak more highly of how welcome and reassured I've been made to feel - even from a distance! As we say, sucess starts here! (It really does!)

Cons

There are honestly no cons to working here.

1 person found this review helpful

Employee Engagement Manager

We're delighted to read your positive review and also that your so happy in your new career, welcome to Peninsula! We hope you read many more reviews from you over the years to come. Thank you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 70 Reviews