Peninsula Employee Reviews about "hard work"

Updated 15 Jan 2021

Found 63 of over 995 reviews

4.0
Peninsula Managing Director Peter Done
Peter Done
Pros
  • "HR Documentation Consultant is a brilliant job for a graduate looking to make their first teams in the Employment Law business(in 51 reviews)

• "pay system promotes hard work and commission opportunities are exciting(in 48 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Fast paced so need always need to keep up to date across all industries but thats what makes the role interesting(in 43 reviews)

• "Unless you're the sort of person who doesn't want to work hard (but you will reap the rewards from your hard work)(in 19 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "hard work"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great training and interesting working day

15 Jan 2021 - Employment Law Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

- speaking with so many small businesses throughout the working day gives you a great perspective and experience into the world of an employer - colleagues are friendly and sociable, everyone looks out for one another - pay system promotes hard work and commission opportunities are exciting - if you allow yourself to do so you will learn a lot through working here

Cons

- you have to chase things up for them to happen sometimes

Peninsula Response

Thank you so much for leaving your feedback, we're really happy you enjoy speaking with our vast client base, and learning new skills from it!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

The best company I have worked for!

8 Jan 2021 - Employment Law Consultant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. The opportunities in the company to grow and develop are endless. 2. Management are exceptional, the support and praise you receive is unbelievable, you even receive post cards from the directors thanking you for your hard work or if you have helped out in some way. 3. The training is 5 star and there is so much you could learn forever. 4. Earning potential is high. 5. The knowledge you learn on the job is incomparable.

Cons

No cons at all fantastic company!

Peninsula Response

Social media and communications specialist

We are always happy to read such positive feedback about working at Peninsula! It’s brilliant to hear about how much you have benefited from the training we provide

3. 5.0

Brilliant company for progression

14 Jan 2021 - Employment Law Consultant in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland
      Business Outlook

Pros

• Continuous learning and development • Brilliant support from management •Motivated colleagues with great team players •Supporting businesses from a wide range of industries, so great opportunities to build personal knowledge •Rewarded for hard work

Cons

High volume of workload, but can be managed and contributes to own learning and development

Marketing Executive

Thank you for leaving feedback on your experience, we're really happy to see you are benefiting from the training available and are continuing to learn and develop in your role.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

So rewarding

4 May 2020 - Senior Employment Law Consultant in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I must start this review by noting I joined Peninsula a month before COVID-19 really started effecting the UK. Rather than feeling insecure in my position, the management team made me feel empowered and capable of dealing with the extremely high volume of work. Their ability to adapt so quickly to the change in circumstances is astonishing for such a large company. Peninsula is a place where sucess is celebrated, and hard work is rewarded be it monetary or through opportunity. I've never before joined a business where all promises made at interview were met mere weeks into joining the business. The support is second to none, if you are looking for a business with drive and passion to develop your knowledge, career and even confidence I would highly recommend considering a career at Peninsula. The training programme conducted by various staff from senior management, to consultants themselves has elevated my knowledge in the legal and technical realm of employment. If you are keen to develop, whether you have 3 years or 30 years experience, I can confidently say you will all whilst working a rewarding job. I've had the absolute pleasure to work alongside Gavin Daniel and could not speak more highly of how welcome and reassured I've been made to feel - even from a distance! As we say, sucess starts here! (It really does!)

Cons

There are honestly no cons to working here.

1 person found this review helpful

Employee Engagement Manager

We're delighted to read your positive review and also that your so happy in your new career, welcome to Peninsula! We hope you read many more reviews from you over the years to come. Thank you.

5. 5.0

Innovative and fast paced

10 May 2020 - Senior Employment Law Consultant in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

For those willing to work hard, want to learn and develop their own knowledge, and make genuine career progression, then Peninsula is the perfect environment. The training and resources are excellent and the support available on a daily basis is second to none, meaning you can get on with performing your role to the best of your ability. Hard work is rewarded with generous salaries based on a structured performance review process and in addition this there is ample opportunity to increase your earning further. The work in itself is extremely rewarding as client’s needs can vary greatly. If you are motivated by challenging yourself on a daily basis whilst also providing the best service you can for clients then you will thrive. Along with the great support structure there is also a friendly social aspect to the role with the Company actively arranging various events and corporate days often in aid of charity.

Cons

Whilst certainly not a negative, the work can often be very fast paced and with client’s needs varying so greatly it is a challenge you will need to embrace and enjoy. The role requires a determined and resilient mindset as much as it does any other attributes, which serve to make your successes all the more meaningful.

1 person found this review helpful

Employee Engagement Manager

We really appreciate your feedback and comments on what it takes to be successful within Peninsula, thank you.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A Fantastic Place To Work!

4 May 2020 - Consultancy Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing work. Great colleagues. Inspiring management. Good progression opportunities. Proud to be part of a business that is always innovating and growing. Been incredibly supportive during the Covid-19 pandemic.

Cons

Honestly - none. Unless you're the sort of person who doesn't want to work hard (but you will reap the rewards from your hard work).

Employee Engagement Manager

We're pleased to read you've been happy with the support received during the COVID pandemic, thanks for taking the time to contribute to our Glassdoor page.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company to work for!!

15 Dec 2019 - Business Sales Team in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

For the role, remuneration is absolutely second to none, you really do get out what you put in. Hard work doesn't go unnoticed and management are there to help and advise as long as you'er putting the effort in.

Cons

It's not really a con, but at the end of the day It's a sales environment!..... Targets need to be met on every level...... so you can be a put under some pressure which is to be expected. Having said that, credit to Management whom in my opinion are firm....yet fair.

Employee Engagement Manager

All sales roles come with their own "pressure", its how this pressure is handled that's the key to those who perform consistently highly and those that do not. We provide all new starters with a full and comprehensive training program designed to give you all the tools needed to be successful within Peninsula. Thanks for taking the time to post your review.

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Poor Management

7 Jan 2020 - Employment Law Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Head office training in Manchester is ok

Cons

Unachievable SLAs and targets, management expect you to meet this targets every week and if they are not met it impacts your pay review. Call after call with not enough time between the calls so unable to provide sound advice. On top of this there tasks which you have to manage, which sets you up to fail. Management do not listen and are unfair, always expecting more and more from you and never rewarded for hard work. Toilet and tea breaks are monitored and is shown on a report if you spend too long on the toilet!

10 people found this review helpful

Employee Engagement Manager

We do work towards targets, these are reviewed and set in accordance to the industry and maintaining out position as the market leader. We expect everyone who comes to work for us to have the same drive and focus to achieving these targets and providing the best support we can to 45,000 clients. Toilet and tea breaks are not monitored we record all of our calls and absence away the software is highlighted. This would only become a problem if a regular theme is found, but even then we'd be making sure you're ok and if you needed any assistance or support yourself. Our advice line handles over 1 million queries each year and we're very proud of everyone who contributes to this. We'd be interested to read how you feel this can be improved, please contact us on feedback@peninsula-uk.com.

9. 5.0

Great place to work

31 Oct 2019 - Group PR Specialist in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started at Peninsula three years ago and during that time they have been very committed to the continuous development of their employees. The business is growing rapidly so it is an exciting time to work here.

Cons

I've been here for over three years and I am really enjoying my time here. If you want to work for a company that is a market leader then be prepared for hard work and a fast pace of working. Those who relish this type of workplace will thrive here.

10. 5.0

Fantastic Company

11 Dec 2019 - Human Resources Face2Face Consultant in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

From my experience I believe the following; They genuinely care about their people Great perks and benefits Supportive colleagues They reward hard work and treat people fairly

Cons

To be honest I don't really think any. Yes it can be hard work at times, however you are appreciated for the work you do.

Employee Engagement Manager

No 'cons' ? That's great to read we're super happy you're enjoying your career with Peninsula. Thanks for the review.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 63 Reviews