Phaidon International "long hours" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Phaidon International Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated 17 Oct 2019

3.8
Phaidon International CEO Harry Youtan (no image)
Harry Youtan
Pros
  • "unlimited commission structure for sales staff(in 24 reviews)

• "Phaidon is one of the most fun places that I've ever worked at(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours and have to be really money motivated else it gets tedious(in 54 reviews)

• "Don't get me wrong- Phaidon loves innovators - however within our operating model(in 16 reviews)

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. Featured Review

"Great company, great opportunities and great progression"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for more than a year

Pros

My time at Phaidon International over the last two years have been excellent. I started as a graduate straight out of university and now lead a team and responsibility for profitability. I have the opportunity to go on business trips, have my own clients and earning potential that former peers of mine at university have not and will not achieve for a long-time on traditional graduate schemes. The training is... unparalleled and I still frequently have training 2 years in! I work in a meritocratic environment, where hard work and talent are compensated fairly and everyone gets the same treatment. Yes, things could be more modern, but the important things for a recruitment role (commission, rewards, and growth) are all where they should be. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a Sales based role and want to get excellent training in an enjoyable environment.

Cons

No major cons, with the exception of: 1. IT - infrastructure could be massively improved (which is something that is happening now). Sometimes it holds back productivity 2. Working hours are long (but this isn't a problem you can do anything about) 3. Modernizing the workplace - for example, allow people to work from home on a Friday or when they need to - many recruitment companies do this already.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, keep promoting from within and keep focussing on rewarding loyalty and hard work

Phaidon International2019-10-03
  2. "Unrivaled Progression"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Manager in London, England

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There is few if any roles out there where by 26 Years of age you can earn the money you can earn here and get given the responsibility you can. 5 Years in the business and I have a team of 15+ with a view to grow this to double

Cons

Naturally long hours which means you may have to sacrifice other commitments, but that's part and parcel of recruitment.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and creating the clear pathways for people from associate to AD's!

Phaidon International2019-10-04

October 15, 2019HR Director

Thank you for your feedback, we are so pleased to read that you are thriving in your career with us! We are immensely proud of our employees who go from graduates to leaders within the business and are excited to see this continue in the future.

3. "Great place to work."

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Continuous Learning Great Client Base Good pay Great Incentives Cool office Great location International opportunities Support to succeed from people across the business

Cons

Long hours... but that's recruitment and that's why we get paid so well.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people and continue to help us all grow and develop

Phaidon International2019-10-03

October 15, 2019HR Director

Thank you for your review, we value your feedback! We are pleased to hear that your time with us is positive and we hope that this continues as you grow and progress in the business. We continue to develop our culture and work environment so that all our employees are supported to achieve their full potential.

"Good atmosphere-"

Former Employee - Recruiter in London, England

I worked at Phaidon International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good atmosphere, management and training- strong career progression and earning potential

Cons

Long hours and have to be really money motivated else it gets tedious

Phaidon International2019-08-14

August 20, 2019HR Director

Thank you for your feedback! You've highlighted areas that are very important to us, we strive to create an environment where every employee has the opportunity to be developed, be part of a growing company and build successful careers.

"Review"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay Good opportunities if you are willing to give it everything

Cons

Long hours - expected to come in at 7:45am and stay until at least 6:15pm Mentally draining

Phaidon International2019-07-11

July 15, 2019Group Marketing Director

Thank you for your review and comments. We encourage you to get in touch with your local HR team to discuss how to access our support network. Your wellbeing is our priority and we hope that you get in touch for a face to face meeting or call. Our email is HR@phaidoninternational.com

"Great place to work - have to be prepare to hit it hard though"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great support and training, really knowledgable managers and just generally a fun environment to work in where hard work is rewarded.

Cons

Long hours - but it is standard

Phaidon International2019-06-07

"Great assessment experience"

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time

Pros

money. the people were lovely. The office was lovely.

Cons

The first 12 months is very hard work it would seem but they were honest about that. The hours are long.

Phaidon International2019-05-02
  8. "Great place to work -"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in London, England

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Culture, business model, opportunities, training and learning, personal earnings based on performance and success. Work with people with lots of character and high energy and standards. Such a great feeling when you place someone into a great job and literally change the candidates life, and fill the clients role and they thank you your work. You get immense real world business skills in every area you can imagine.

Cons

Hours you put in will create a work-life imbalance. But building and starting a career and generating success needs this commitment initially, so be prepared to work hard to support your customers. Competition is fierce in this industry, be prepared to get very competitive. (hence the long hours required sometimes). Horrible feeling when you dont fill your clients vacancy after all that hard work. Its a steep... learning curve and job can be repetitive work at times...

Advice to Management

Better Coffee machines pls. Healthier vending machines. More consistent focus on happiness and well being given the hours spent in a chair at a desk....

Phaidon International2019-01-07

"Senior Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at Phaidon International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good for young grads as there are many people on the same position you can relate to. You can progress fast if you want to. Social company

Cons

Cut throat environment. Very low basic salary compared to other companies in the sector. They're not also not very diligent at processing pay rises. Quantity over quality approach. Not collaborative Very "laddy" culture, not particularly professional. Very long hours. I often found myself regularly working 8am-8pm . Their approach to hiring is to hire a big group of people with the expectation... that over half will leave.

Advice to Management

Maybe hire experienced managers rather than expecting anyone who's hit their principal target to take on responsibility they're not ready for.

Phaidon International2018-11-26

"Young but established and growing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Unbelievable earning potential. Clear progression and training structure. Clear company growth and opportunity. Ambitious, driven, culture

Cons

Low base salary (but high comms). Long hours- standard in the sector. It's a young and diverse workforce with all the pros and cons that go with that. If you're not a high achiever you can get left behind.

Advice to Management

More support, training and guidance for new managers.

Phaidon International2018-08-25