Pico Technology Reviews
83% would recommend to a friend
(20 total reviews)
100% approve of CEO
The latest conversations about Tech
17 hours ago
Senior Business Development Manager
What can I use these days on LinkedIn posts other than “exciting news” for everything thing that I want to announce to the tech community. “Exciting” news are starting to sound like “breaking” news; both have lost their meanings to me.
Got a burning question about Pico Technology? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Pico Technology employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The first thing is noticed was the friendly colleagues and lovely atmosphere." (in 3 reviews)
Found 20 of over 20 reviews
Updated 22 Aug 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 4.022 Aug 2023Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsManchester, England
Nice company to work for, especially if you have a family.
A little low on the pay/benefits and some departments are understaffed
- 4.028 Jun 2023IT Support EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsSaint Neots, England
-amazing benefits -actually treated as family -offered training opportunities -mental health support -encouraged to have a good work life balance
Each company has cons but there is nothing that stands out that Pico are doing wrong.
- 4.09 May 2023Product OwnerCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
Pico are very very focused on employee happiness and work-life balance
Pay and benefits are not competitive but it is not terrible. Great bonuses though!
- 5.06 Feb 2023Graphic DesignerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsHuntingdon, England
Everyone is very approachable, the company very much cares about its employees. Every department has a 'fun fund' for activities in or outside of work. Flexi-time. They support you and will pay if you are interested in training that is relevant to your job. Annual salary review. Three-holiday cottages that are available to all staff for holidays at a massively discounted price. Given the freedom to be creative. And much much more.
Can't think of any right now.
- 3.025 Apr 2023Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearManchester, England
Great people and good location
Poor pay, bad clarity in requirements leading to redoing work a lot, dated tech
- 5.030 Jan 2023Software Development EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Very welcoming. Friendly and helpful staff. Great working environment. Interesting work. Good location (close to amenities and the A1). Good facilities and equipment. Fun social activities. Hybrid working and flexible hours.
None that I have found so far.
- 2.018 May 2022Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 yearSaint Neots, England
- Good pay - Interesting benefits like a choice of Pico owned holiday getaway homes to rent in 3 different locations. - Annual bonus of 5 weeks pay - Company events - Lots of internal flexibility to apply for and move positions - An excellent job referral system which you can make some serious money from in addition to your pay (if you have a good network and they actually get hired) - Lots of parking and close to many useful shops (St. Neots location) - Recently refurbished premises with tons of space, desks and a gym - They allow you to diagnose your car in their garage and are happy to borrow you any business tools incl. drone, filming equipment etc. - Cash rich business, they own all their premises so don't need to worry about wages or job security even if another negative world event strikes - Leading products in their market. However, the market itself isn't very glamorous. It's quite niche. - Half a day a week "BlueSky" time allowance to use on personal projects relevant to business or growth/courses/learning
- Fairly low pension - No private medical or dental - Imposing business wide hybrid working even when very unnecessary - Advertised as modern/progressive but actually traditional. They even have a time and location keeping app that they disguise as for tax purposes only. - Predominantly British so no diversity - Many won't be direct and lots of backstabbing/underhandedness - Coerced to socialise with colleagues and this is put above job performance. - A good portion are old and/or family folks so look elsewhere for friends or meaningful relationships. - Culture is not consistent at all. Depending on the team you land with, you can either get very laid back people or very uptight ones. One team won't care if you are late for meetings the other you have to be there on the second. - No structure for career progression. - Advertised as flexible but core hours are 10-4 so actually not much flex - They provide mental health first aiders and a 24/7 counselling line which you will probably need considering all the gaslighting - Work doesn't feel very meaningful, impactful or engaging - Very slow to adapt - No formal project structure and lack of documentation and/or standardisation. This company is very much still finding its feet when it comes to running projects. You can forget about roadmaps, milestones, solid requirements etc. even though they are their own client - Job titles are arbitrary and inaccurate to responsibilities - Micro-management. Examples: have to reply to messages within 1h despite being meetings all day and told off for snacking/eating on the call or having a brief 1min (muted) conversation with partner who also WFH. - 7-8h per week in meetings - Focused on negative aspects of employee and no balanced view - No exit interview so they're not that keen to get feedback and grow/adapt - No full sick pay until after probation (6months)3
Pico Technology Reviews FAQs
Pico Technology has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 20 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at Pico Technology to a friend and 83% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
83% of Pico Technology employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Pico Technology 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.