Pima Medical Institute Reviews

4.7
Pima Medical Institute President and CEO Fred Freedman
Fred Freedman
Pros
Cons
  • "I have no cons to write about at this time(in 26 reviews)

• "There are no cons to working here(in 6 reviews)

"Great Place to work"

Former Employee - Assistant Phlebotomy Instructor in Renton, WA

I worked at Pima Medical Institute part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very supportive company. Great people

Cons

Working evenings or nights. Not a lot of other staff in the building at that time of day.

"Great Work Environment"

Current Employee - Instructor in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute part-time for more than a year

Pros

Working here gives you the opportunity to make a difference in the life of your students while being part of an amazing team. Pima Medical Institute genuinely expresses care regarding their employees and their students. The leadership at the Mesa campus provides their instructors with support, direction and encouragement to the point that I always feel heard and valued.

Cons

I have no cons to express.

"Employee Owned"

Current Employee - OTA Clinical Director in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time for more than a year

Pros

Team atmosphere, supportive, family oriented, employee owned

Cons

health benefit package, same as anywhere you may work

4. "Positive environment"

Current Employee - Instructor in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute part-time for more than a year

Pros

Supportive team members, opportunities for continuing education/training, flexibility to teach in the best way that supports students and using evidence based techniques

Cons

Sometimes I feel like I don't get a lot of communication from upper management but I am also part time

"PMI"

Current Employee - Instructor

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

family atmosphere and good people to work with

Cons

inconsistency with how they handle students/expectations

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Program Director in Renton, WA

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You make a difference in a student's life. Pima cares about employees and their students. You are an employee-owner and what you say is listened to by administrators.

Cons

I have no cons to write about at this time.

"Proud to be a part of this Organization"

Current Employee - Instructor, College Or University in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The pros of working here are almost endless. I cannot say enough good things about how fair and diplomatic everyone is. From the janitor to the CEO - we are a family. We treat each other as family. Corporate office has always done what is fair with their employees. Even doing things that weren't their responsibility, they still "do the right thing." If it is for a student, or for an employee. Everyone looks out for one another and if something happens to one, it happens to all. Can't say enough - I love going to work - We do have stresses but we take them on together and work together until it is resolved.

Cons

Don't we all wish we made more money? I really cannot complain there either, just thought of a negative everyone says....

8. COVID-19

"Quality Education, Quality Employer"

Current Employee - Instructor, College Or University in San Marcos, CA

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute part-time for less than a year

Pros

The Pima organization, from the top down, demonstrates a commitment to deliver what they promise- a great value in medical career education. Every employee I have encountered demonstrates professionalism, enthusiasm and a desire to contribute to developing outstanding medical technicians. Having started just before our current Covid-19 crisis, I have seen first hand how the instructors and administration have sought to support each other and the students through a very challenging transition to on-line learning. It has not been easy, but there has been camaraderie and encouragement all around. The corporate staff have provided excellent training and direction and have maintained high expectations for quality education to be delivered.

Cons

It has not been an issue for me, but hours are varied due to different class schedules.

"Great Company-Student Centered"

Current Employee - Clinical Director

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

PMI is the most student centered educational institution that I've ever had the privilege of working for. They are generous with their employee benefits, including employee stock option plan. This is a very ethical company that I am proud to be affiliated with.

Cons

There are none that I can identify.

10. COVID-19

"PIMA Stands Strong Against COVID-19"

Current Employee - Faculty Member in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It is a crazy time out there with the COVID-19 pandemic, but without a doubt PIMA stands strong. I have never been more impressed with how the leadership and the instructors have come together to ensure that our students remained successful during these trying times. There was no hesitation to ensure our students would continue their education from the Faculty and no hesitation that our Faculty would continue to be paid from our leadership. Without a doubt, this makes a strong statement, and I am glad that PIMA is allowing us to work from home and protect ourselves and our families.

Cons

Changing to an online platform overnight does not come easy for any organization but PIMA made it look easy. We were provided guidelines and regulations to assist us in managing our transition, and we began this while we were on campus.

Found 252 reviews