Portafina Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Portafina Reviews

Updated 24 Sep 2019

4.6
Portafina CEO Jamie Smith-Thompson (no image)
Jamie Smith-Thompson
  1. "Working at Portafina"

Current Employee - Case Liaison Officer in Rochester, South East England, England

I have been working at Portafina full-time for more than a year

Pros

Enjoyable, helpful, understanding, growth, family

Cons

the traffic on the estate

Portafina2019-09-24
  2. "Review"

Current Employee - Withdrawals Team Leader in Rochester, South East England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Portafina full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly and welcoming environment Lots of benefits Opportunity to progress within roles/job opportunities/exam routes Company events/Raising money for Charity Friendly staff Incentives

Cons

Communication can sometimes be lacking around company within management.

Advice to Management

To make sure communication is passed around to people that it requires and enforced in teams when needed.

Portafina2019-09-24
  3. "Great Environment"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Rochester, South East England, England

I worked at Portafina full-time for more than a year

Pros

The atmosphere is really friendly. I enjoyed working at Portafina pretty much everyday. Targets can be tough at times, but worth the effort if achieved.

Cons

Shift patterns didn't really work for me.

Portafina2019-04-01
  4. "Lots of opportunities to develop and progress"

I have been working at Portafina full-time

Pros

- Opportunities to develop within the company through regular training and internal/external exams - Fill new job roles from within so opportunities to work and learn other areas of the business - Overtime allows you to increase your wage - Everyone is great to work with and willing to help - Regular social events in the office and also externally

Cons

- Can be a steep learning curve to learn about the pension industry with lots of jargon and technical terms - Sometimes teams are not always on the same page which can cause tension and slow down progression on projects

Advice to Management

Try to improve integration between teams to avoid any potential issues and bottlenecks. Does not always feel like teams are working together.

Portafina2019-04-08
  5. "Portafina is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Systems Support Executive in Chatham, England

I have been working at Portafina full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best thing about working at Portafina is that Im free to choose my own path. My role in the Systems department allows me to research and implement new technologies that not only further Portafina's goals but allow me to develop my technical skills that can further my own career.

Cons

Especially the work carried out by the systems department can be very challenging at times. We spend a-lot of time trying to implement solutions with out having the prior technical knowledge. This can cause a fair amount of frustration at times.

Portafina2019-03-28
  6. "Supportive, fun and refreshing company!"

I have been working at Portafina full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Going to work and always feeling valued for the work you put in - Internal opportunities and progression that is available - Feeling that there is always someone you can turn to - Good benefits - Management that listen to anyone opinions or ideas - Team integration across all departments - You get your birthday off!

Cons

- Length of service could be rewarded - Option to buy benefits (more holiday, shares etc)

Advice to Management

No matter how big the company gets try and maintain the family feel the company has.

Portafina2018-12-20
  7. "Like one big family"

I have been working at Portafina full-time

Pros

Working at Portafina has been a pleasure since I started work here 2 1/2 years ago. There really is a sense of family among the people who work here, I'm sure this is helped by the regular events put on by our very own fun committee. This is one of many benefits you're entitled to whilst working here at Portafina along with healthcare, pension and not forgetting having your Birthday off each year! The support that... you get here is brilliant, I have never felt unable to approach any of the senior members of the company if I have any questions or issues. The're also many opportunities for progression within the company, especially with how fast we are growing currently.

Cons

The only con I can give is the traffic when leaving the business estate.

Portafina2018-11-27
  8. "Great Workplace"

I have been working at Portafina full-time

Pros

I have worked at Portafina for a few years now and it is by far the best working environment I have ever worked in. Your colleagues are like family and they will help you out with any issue or problem you have. The company is very sociable and offer really good benefits to their staff which can be rare in other companies. Career wise Portafina will support you in progression and other exams to help establish... yourself in the company and industry.

Cons

The basic salary could be more structured depending on the years served.

Portafina2018-12-03
  9. "A very supportive company to work for"

Current Employee - PR & Content Executive in Maidstone, England

I have been working at Portafina full-time for less than a year

Pros

I’ve been lucky to work in some great places since graduating from university and other places that haven’t been so great. Portafina is without a doubt, one of the best companies I’ve worked for. With such a close-knit team across multiple departments, I felt welcomed the second I joined the company and my work and experience has been valued and appreciated from the beginning. Compared to other companies I have... worked for, Portafina offers fantastic employee benefits as well as a great understanding that employees should be rewarded for the hard work they put in. I feel as though I’m part of a family instead of just working for a business. I have been supported throughout helping me to carry out my role to the best of my ability.

Cons

It can be difficult at times to get pensions into the everyday conversation with clients and the general public, but I see this as more of a challenge that I enjoy getting to grips with instead of a con!

Portafina2018-11-02
  10. "People centric culture and a place to feel valued"

I have been working at Portafina full-time

Pros

- Recruiting for cultural fit is really important to management, which shows that people matter - There seem to be a variety of development opportunities across the business - There's regular praise and reward for those excelling at demonstrating the corporate values - Good benefits are offered, including birthday day off, pension, healthcare and treats from the fun committee throughout the year - Flexible... working - the estate is congested at peak times, so many teams' working hours allow people to get in and out of work at times when traffic is less busy - Regular company wide updates from the MD ensure that reflection and forward planning are consistently communicated to the business - I feel a valued member of the team and business

Cons

- There can be times where fixes for problems are approached from a silo perspective, rather than looking at the bigger picture - Bottlenecks in parts of the process can impact the wider business - Traffic can be problematic at times on the estate

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging and communicating business-wide continuous improvement

Portafina2018-10-29