Postmates Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.9
Postmates Co-Founder & CEO Bastian Lehmann
Bastian Lehmann
Pros
Cons
  • "long wait times between deliveries(in 179 reviews)

• "Chicago weather is very unfriendly to bike couriers(in 153 reviews)

1. "Exciting place to work"

I have been working at Postmates

Pros

Varied tasks in my job. I get to learn new things. Friendly atmosphere. I rarely see office drama. You will be pushed to grow and get better. Surrounded by people who have done this stuff for a lot longer than me. I learn from them constantly.

Cons

Long hours & stress - but what can you do? The benefits outweigh the fact that we must stay late sometimes or pull a weekend session.

Advice to Management

keep growing

Postmates2014-04-29

"Good, But Needs Improvement"

Current Employee - N/A in San Francisco, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Postmates full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible WFH policy Catered Lunch Monday and Tuesday Excellent Events Team and Offsite Company Activities

Cons

Egotistical Leadership who make poor decisions Career advancement is cloudy

Advice to Management

Be more transparent, promote those from within who deserve it, stop hiring your friends to be in management.

Postmates2020-01-03

"Could be a lot better if they actually cared"

I have been working at Postmates

Pros

Coworkers are amazing. None formal work attire. Room for growth to a point.

Cons

Upper management doesn’t listen to people below them even if they have good ideas. Marketing team is awful.

Advice to Management

Listen to your frontline people more often, they are the ones in the trenches everyday. They are the specialists, you guys don’t even know how the back end of the app even works.

Postmates2019-12-15
  4. "Pm review"

Former Employee - PLOS

I worked at Postmates full-time for more than a year

Pros

Room for growth, pay is great, benefits great, they cater food

Cons

Easy to move up if you have friends in higher position m, schedules suck once you’re brought in they give you the schedule they want and say take it or leave it and it will be crazy times like Friday-Tuesday 2pm-10pm 6-3am

Postmates2019-12-14
  5. "Great Place to work"

Former Employee - Content Planning Lead in Ciudad de México

I worked at Postmates full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing people Incredible opportunities Good benefits Always seeking improvement

Cons

Fast paced Always under pressure Must learn by yourself Answer fom other areas are slow

Postmates2019-12-14

"Everyone is leaving."

I have been working at Postmates

Pros

Close to Bart. You get feed 3x a week.

Cons

1. Management is a joke. They clearly don’t know what they are doing. 2. Massive change in culture. The office is a wasteland after massive layoffs. Everyone looks mad everyday. 3. The company it’s not transparent with its employees. 4. The office is literally black and white. Add some color to your employees’ environment! 5. They use scare tactics to control you. 6. Veryyyy IPO hungry! It’s killing the company culture.

Advice to Management

Quit.

Postmates2020-01-13

"I would run for the hills"

Former Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Postmates full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome events, free lunch on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Cons

Over the course of 1 year at Postmates I had FIVE different managers. I was promised career growth upon interviewing only to be in the same spot I started. Postmates Recruiting became more about who was the favorite to upper management and less about who puts in the hard work and is consistent. I ended up being laid off via Video Call after a year of devotion to a company I was set on spending the next 4-5 years at. I am forever disappointed in the outcome of my experience here at Postmates and the lack of professionalism, transparency and consideration. I see this company not doing well in the next upcoming years.

Advice to Management

Stop just promoting who your favorites are and playing this gossip game. Actually find out what your employees want to do career wise. Start training your managers and those you promote. Learn professionalism and have some respect to those who are passionate about working there and start making people feel like less than a number.

Postmates2019-12-04

"Need Improvement"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Postmates full-time

Pros

-Good benefits -Near home office -Travel Expenses

Cons

-Lack of leadership -No, Follow up -No feedback

Postmates2019-12-03

"It’s a bad company"

I worked at Postmates

Pros

I can’t really think of any

Cons

Where to begin, the culture is awful you’re expected to be competitive with DoorDash and UberEats when they have a better fundamental understanding of the market and adjusted their rates accordingly. If you raise the issue to your manager that you can’t sell this product to restaurants when the competitors are charging half of what we do, (and they’re not laying off their customer service team while doing) they’ll tell you to preach value. But what value is there in a company that doesn’t have a customer service team, and that have sales people currently faking deals to hit quota? Also if your a good looking girl expect to be hit on by a certain manager related to the sales trainer but don’t expect HR to get involved

Advice to Management

There’s literally to much to write and you’re not worth the effort

Postmates2020-01-08

"Stay away from non-profitable companies"

I have been working at Postmates

Pros

Laid back staff, volunteer services, and reasonable pay.

Cons

-Layoffs during the holidays decreased moral at the office -Higher ups can’t handle the demand of work -Salesmen don’t think, they do whatever they want -Only like to hire outside the company, hard to move up -Company isn’t transparent like they say they are -No heads up weeks in advance regarding major changes

Advice to Management

The whole company needs to change for the better. Majority of everyone (not in SF) have lost energy inside this company.

Postmates2019-12-25