Postmates "couriers" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Postmates Employee Reviews about "couriers"

Updated 18 May 2019

2.5
Postmates Co-Founder & CEO Bastian Lehmann
Bastian Lehmann
Pros
Cons
  • "long wait times between deliveries(in 179 reviews)

• "Chicago weather is very unfriendly to bike couriers(in 153 reviews)

Reviews about "couriers"

Return to all Reviews

"They uber'd their own drivers, keep lowering rates for couriers!"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I have been working at Postmates

Pros

Was taking orders when I wanted to, not so much anymore

Cons

They keep screwing the people on the ground floor, lowering rates is no insensitive for new or current couriers. No longer a guranteed minium, so every order you have no idea how low it will be. POSTMATES, YOU'RE NOTHING WITHOUT YOUR COURIERS.

Advice to Management

Change for the better or loose your drivers

Postmates2019-05-18

"For the Most Part, it's okay, but lately the Platform has been Problematic."

Current Contractor - Postmates Courier in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Postmates for less than a year

Pros

1. Postmates pays you every week each Monday with no fees. 2. Postmates allows the Courier to Cash Out her/his earnings any time for .50 cents. 3. Postmates will give you a preferred in a region/delivery area. 4. Postmates gives You a Credit Card to use, NOT your own Money to complete a Customer's Order should You have to pay for food.

Cons

1. Postmates System will offer piggyback deliveries onto your original order. After you accept, the deliver will be inexplicably canceled. 2. Postmates offers piggyback deliveries for customer orders, at times, interrupting your 1st delivery to the customer in order to pick up, yet, another customer's food. This can be disruptive given current traffic and time limitations. 3. Postmates will send you to a closed restaurant. You, as a courier, will record the Merchant as "Closed" and you will NOT get compensated for it. 4. Postmates will send you to a closed restaurant. You, as a courier, will record the Merchant as "Closed" and Postmates will send you BACK to that Very Same Restaurant for future Deliveries in the same Time Period; thus, wasting Your Gas and Your Time.

Advice to Management

Informatics need to be more responsive to the situation on the ground reported by the contracted fleet drivers (couriers).

Postmates2019-04-27
  3. "Excellent earning opportunity at your leisure."

Current Freelancer - Bike Courier in Chicago, IL
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Postmates for more than a year

Pros

Work your own schedule, no set hours.

Cons

Rain, Sleet and Snow. Chicago weather is very unfriendly to bike couriers.

Postmates2019-03-14
  4. "I'm very un amused"

Current Freelancer - Courier in Norman, OK

I have been working at Postmates for less than a year

Pros

I Click one button and I'm ready to go.

Cons

-miles, wear&tear on your car. -feel like I'm chasing the hot spots with little results. -constantly driving with my phone in hand it's super unsafe opening your phone to catch a delivery when theres no way to find a safe spot. -oversaturated with couriers. -ive been sitting in a hot zone long enough to type all of this and no orders ... I'm sitting directly in the center of a hot zone.

Advice to Management

Limit the number of couriers?

Postmates2019-01-10
  5. "Courier"

Current Freelancer - Courier in Boston, MA

I have been working at Postmates for less than a year

Pros

Name brand, a lot of people order from Postmates

Cons

Pays way less than any other courier employer Delivery payment for customer set up in a way that customers never want to tip... Could bike 2 miles for 2 orders for <$6, could drive 4 miles for <$8... Merchants are often rude to Postmates Caviar incentives couriers better, offers support in way better ways (makes sure their couriers are happy, makes sure their couriers have positive interactions with Corporate Caviar, the merchants, the customers)... I feel way more loyal to Caviar. The fact they listen to their workers makes me want to do good work. I'm never going back to Postmates.

Advice to Management

Shut it down.. not worth it

Postmates2018-12-02

"New to Postmates"

Current Freelancer - Healthcare in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Postmates for more than 10 years

Pros

Extra cash, choose your own hours.

Cons

Rating system is horrible, you can only see your rating after 20 deliveries and they won't tell you what you did wrong in order to improve your rating, they just direct you to the app's FAQs, Customers will also rate you on the food quality as if you were the one in charge of actually making the food in the restaurant. Fleet customer service is slow and not helpful when you email regarding a specific question, they direct you to a Postmates courier not an actual Postmates customer service rep. Postmates does not pay an actual min wage, you might make around $4 per delivery $6-10 if you are tipped. YOU WILL GET DINGED FOR REJECTING ORDERS WHILE ON ROUTE, regardless if you are already trying to deliver 3 or more orders at a time.

Advice to Management

Please revise your rating system, it is not good and customers need to be aware that rating is for OUR service as a delivery driver, NOT for quality of food., also give reasons why rating is low and help maintain high rating, and see customer reviews.

Postmates2018-09-14
  7. "Courier"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I have been working at Postmates

Pros

Set own hours and schedule Tips can be big depending on the area Bonuses applied during peak hours

Cons

No compensation for courier vehicle maintenance or gas reimbursment.

Postmates2018-09-19
  8. "Courier"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Postmates

Pros

Flexible. Pick extra money while running errands.

Cons

No training. No driver support. Not just courier work; must stand in line at fast food restaurants and coffee shops to order other peoples' food. Way too much wear and tear on car for the pay. Makes your car smell bad. Postmates pre-paid card will occasionally be declined, which only happens when you're standing in line ordering food and is humiliating. Tips usually aren't great (people are already paying for the service and most feel that is enough). You must pay for parking.

Advice to Management

Get a different job.

Postmates2018-07-26

"Harsh Rating system"

Current Freelancer - Part Time Courier in Houston, TX

I have been working at Postmates for less than a year

Pros

Quick money on a selected day. No time slot fulfillment.

Cons

Nagging customer with their ratings. I think a rating shouldn’t be done on fast food orders or any orders under $20. Also you need to allow couriers to rate the customers as well.

Advice to Management

Start a new customer rating system after orders are completed since you are not allowed to go below a 4.7. Follow doordash maybe you guys can have a much successful market share.

Postmates2018-05-20
  10. "Postmates Courier"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I worked at Postmates

Pros

You get to choose your own schedule, if you choose to bike for deliveries it serves as a great workout and an adventure. Good amount of money if you live somewhere like NYC and work in Manhattan. Once you get a job for a delivery it often creates a chain that keeps you busy.

Cons

The amount of money you make is heavily dependent on where you live as the main source of income is the tips. This means most couriers will work around similar zones in the city which might cause a lot of downtime before you get a job and get the chain started.

Advice to Management

More ways to contact a real human being to inquire about any issues.

Postmates2018-03-08