Premiere People Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Premiere People Reviews

Updated 26 Jun 2019

Found 18 reviews

2.8
Premiere People CEO  (no image)
  1. "A few hiccups with payroll but excellent in all other areas"

Current Employee - Administrative Officer in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Premiere People full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary was competitive, very helpful staff and they provide good job opportunities as compared to most other agencies. Communication was excellent between Premiere People's staff officer and agency staff. I replied to an ad looking for Administrative Officers for the Civil Service and I was hired within a week after going through a criminal records and credit check. No interview was required for the role and I... was trained on the job, so prior experience was not essential. The contract was initially for a year and my contract was currently extended for another three months.

Cons

There was a few hiccups with timesheets and incorrect pay when I was working overtime, but it had only happened to me a couple of times and my pay has been accurate since. However, it has happened to my colleagues fairly often, so that requires improvement. Most of their jobs are temporary, so your job security is not guaranteed. You don't get paid for bank holidays and sick days unless you use your annual... leave, but that's standard for recruitment agencies in general.

Advice to Management

Improve payroll accuracy.

Premiere People2019-01-10
  2. "Avoid like the plague"

Former Employee - Assistant Scientific Officer in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I worked at Premiere People full-time for more than a year

Pros

You should receive your pay, eventually.

Cons

Payroll consistently failed to pay myself and other colleagues on time, sometimes resulting in weeks with no pay then being taxed massively when it all came through I was a 'temporary' worker hired through Premier People for almost two years and they proved to be a consistent inconvenience any time I needed to receive my pay or arrange holidays. Their staff were not helpful and quite frequently contradictory.... Delaying and providing no support for any issue at hand. As a 'temporary' (despite the fact you may work in this position for years) member of staff you have no entitlement to; sick pay, maternity leave or payment for bank holidays (days such as these where the company is closed, you need to use your accrued holiday hours to get paid) When I left a former colleague who was a permanent member of staff informed me that they had all received the government issued backpay issued to civil and public service staff. I had to chase Premier People for about 6 months after permanent staff received it before I finally received a check. They offered no screening of candidates for the position I applied, no checking of qualifications or anything, simply a 20 minute chat about the post. Which was concerning considering it was for a prominent veterinary diagnostics and research company

Advice to Management

Recruitment companies are a leech on the economy, syphoning hourly earnings from 'temporary' staff and offering no support in exchange for the 'service'. Quite frankly, you should be ashamed by the role you are playing in society

Premiere People2019-06-26
  3. "My current employer"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Premiere People full-time

Pros

Helpful, respectful, Fast, Friendly, Effective

Cons

Not enough offices if you don't live in belfast or lisburn you have some travelling to do to sign up

Premiere People2019-02-18
  4. "Ok"

Former Employee - Colleague

I worked at Premiere People full-time for more than a year

Pros

Reasonable hours of work and CPD

Cons

Management need to listen to staff more

Premiere People2019-01-13
  5. "Just OK once you manage to get in with them"

I have been working at Premiere People full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent pay after 12 weeks Weekly pay Civil service positions offer flexi Lots of overtime available if you want to make extra cash

Cons

Never replied to a single email from me Phone calls never answered or returned Extremely hard to get in touch with anyone Mess up a lot of peoples pay consistently each week Can be quite condescending yet it is them who don’t know what they’re doing

Advice to Management

The whole place needs an overhaul. They have a fancy new office in Belfast yet the same old staff with the same old attitudes as before. Their payroll department is a shambles and frequently get people’s pay wrong.

Premiere People2018-09-16
  6. "Admin Officer"

I have been working at Premiere People full-time

Pros

Good pay Good hours Opportunity for overtime

Cons

Temporary Contract Have to accumulate holidays

Advice to Management

None

Premiere People2018-07-24
  7. "the people there assured me that I would get a job very quickly and they never helped me at all."

Glass Cleaner in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I worked at Premiere People for less than a year

Pros

absolutely none whatsoever as far as I remember.

Cons

they are a waste of time and money.

Advice to Management

be honest and be a professional.

Premiere People2018-08-25
  8. "Awful company"

Current Employee - Temporary Employee

I have been working at Premiere People part-time for less than a year

Pros

None worth talking about at all

Cons

No communication, dont get paid, offered emergency pay (only if you really need it) and is 60%. Very rude staff, when in office waiting for interview, the language of staff in office was disgusting. Very unprofessional set up.

Advice to Management

Employ courteous, respectful professionals in you own office who can actually carry out proper efficient tssks

Premiere People2018-08-16
  9. "Agency work"

I worked at Premiere People part-time

Pros

Lots of job opportunities available

Cons

Jobs can cover a wide range, so any job can be sent to you

Premiere People2018-01-01

"Beyond terrible"

I worked at Premiere People full-time

Pros

The buzzer on front door works.

Cons

Constantly messing pay up. Worked for Premiere within the Civil Service and they were useless. Despite moving within the same department three times where the pay was supposed to remain at the full civil service pay, they paid several of us minimum wage. The civil service from day one paid premiere around £20ph for us to be there yet for the first 3 months they pay the worker minimum wage which is horrendous. When... our pay did go up to the £10.40ph after 12 weeks they messed it all up. Some in the same team got the increase whilst the rest of us were still on minimum wage for weeks after. Most of the time they don’t reply to emails and good luck ever trying to get them via phone. They are a shambles. None of the staff have an idea what each other is doing. They constantly lost personal files. Leave people hanging to the last minute. Would never work for them ever again. They also mess up holiday sheets and avoid paying the correct holiday wages.

Advice to Management

Sort out the Belfast office as most of the staff have no idea what they are doing. Also sort out the brain dead receptionists who seem to treat the front desk as a social event than a professional work place.

Premiere People2017-10-16