Prestige Cruise Holdings Reviews

Updated 6 Sep 2017

Found 8 of over 8 reviews

3.7
Prestige Cruise Holdings Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Frank J. Del Rio  (no image)
Frank J. Del Rio

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Worst 4 days ever!

6 Jan 2015 - Print Production Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Most of the people there seemed to be very down to earth and friendly.

Cons

On my first day, the first thing my boss did before even showing me to my workspace, giving me a tour of the office or introducing me to the rest of the department, she brought me into her office and pulled out a huge makeshift printout of a spreadsheet matrix that she taped together (to make even bigger) and attempted to explain to me all of the projects that were in progress. She then scheduled back to back telephone conferences for the rest of the day and wanted me to work through lunch on my first day and order food from a restaurant that I had no interest in eating from. When she finally did show me to my cubicle, it was a mess. The chair was broken and disgustingly filthy. No one bothered to remove the boxes, papers, and offices supplies that they had been storing in the cubicle. I had to clear it out and clean it myself. Two days later, she asked me if I could dust the office of one of my colleagues that was moving upstairs to a new office so that it "could look nice for her". That's where I drew the line, there was no way I was cleaning anyone else's office when they didn't even have the courtesy to have a clean cubicle for me, a new hire. I quit on the fourth day. Oh yeah, and the traffic getting out of Doral where their office is located is a NIGHTMARE.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Current Employee

Underpaid, company does not promote from within. Good company culture and co workers with incompetent management.

18 Oct 2014 - Anonymous
    Business Outlook

Pros

Discounts on cruises. Decent earning potential for some positions. Nice co workers. Good job if you want to learn about the industry. Company culture is friendly.

Cons

Low salaries. Bonuses are cheated away from you. The more you perform and exceed goals the commission structure will get crappier. Company does not care about its employees and is only concerned with profits. Incompetent management. Do not promote from within much for high ranking positions. Get prepared to be stuck in one position for 10 years. 401k is a joke basically no matching. Benefits are not the greatest. Company changes owners constantly.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Employee Review

15 Feb 2017 - Print Procurement Manager in Doral, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment with hard working professionals from all over the world. Company has great benefits and treats their employees very well. Throw great holiday parties! You are selling a great product; adventure and happy experience. Owners success is inspirational.

Cons

I don't work there anymore : )

4. 5.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

Wonderful!

15 Jul 2014 - Tax/Internal Audit/Human Resources in Doral, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The atmosphere is very professional and very helpful. I loved the company culture. Additionally, the product PCH offers is unbeatable in the cruise industry- luxury at its finest!

Cons

Traffic in Doral (Miami in general) is sometimes pretty congested.

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

VP

1 Jun 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Doral, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

PCH was a great company to work at. Friendly people and professional environment. everyone was happy to work hard for our customers.

Cons

Entrepreneurial mindset created understandable resistance to move to a controlled or regulated environment

6. 5.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

Very Good

18 Jul 2014 - Finance/Planning in Miami, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment to work in

Cons

No Cons I can think of

7. 5.0
    Former Employee

Manager

6 Sep 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Small company feel was gre

Cons

Merged with Norwegian Cruise Holdings

8. 1.0
    Former Employee

Director

8 Jun 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great cruise benefits if you can afford the employee rate. Nice co-workers.

Cons

The Chairman says he cares about his employees like they are family but it is a lie. He plays favorites. There is nepotism with his son and brother working there.

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 English Reviews