Priceline.com Senior Software Engineer Reviews

Updated 17 Jun 2019

2.4
Priceline.com CEO Brett Keller (no image)
Brett Keller

"It’s all going to change... maybe?"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Priceline.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have the honor of working with great talent. Very nice people and good managers

Cons

They all left. That tells you something...from to to the bottom. I don’t know what it will take for leadership to realize we are at a point of not being able to retain any valuable talent... in most of the teams that I work with. It’s sad.

June 23, 2019Chief People Officer

This is difficult to read, and to offer a substantive response - it is not clear to whom you are referring to with your comments about leadership and recognition. We are proud of our culture, and for having a workplace that is very low on toxicity. We are also particularly proud of the employees we have - their talent, their efforts and their results. Not every company will be right for every employee. Good luck in your next position, and thank you for your time here.

"Neutral place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some great challenges coming up with the CLOUD transformation happening. The business is complex and requires a lot of good engineering to get it right. Work life balance can be achieved if you don't deal with micro managers like I do.

Cons

The lack of a development plan. Most principal engineers are not even seniors. Hiring process is not on par with daily tasks. No communication between teams. Some engineers will do whatever they want to do just because their manager is extremely weak. Low budget company - everything is a struggle - even snacks are a problem.

October 10, 2018Chief People Officer

Thank you for submitting this review. While I’m disappointed that you sense an absence of communication and are unhappy with your development plan, I am encouraged by the fact that these issues can be discussed and addressed. We have recently rolled out Development Frameworks for software engineers that should help you and your manager work together to put a development plan in place. If that is not happening, please consider having a confidential conversation with myself or with another member of the People & Culture team. We’d like the chance to hear more and to find solutions for you.

"when the CEO asks people to put good reviews on glassdoor...."

Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Priceline.com for more than a year

Pros

I have the privilege to work with some of the smartest people in different teams. Good benefits, but below industry average. Learned a lot

Cons

I have to do everything myself without getting support. Talented people are leaving at a faster pace I have ever witnessed....very sad. I don't think the senior management cares at this point of people leaving. Nepotism. Played from the top level down.

September 13, 2018Chief People Officer

We were disappointed to hear this feedback. Please know that we take it seriously. You are correct in saying things have changed in recent years - we believe that change was necessary, and that we have changed for the better, becoming a faster, more agile and more successful company today than we have ever been. We do need to address a factual inaccuracy in your comments: your claim that 80% of our employees have been here for more than 10 years is not right. That number is closer to 20%. Experience is a highly valuable trait, so the notion that a longtime employee is not adding value is not accurate. New employees can and do bring a fresh perspective, and we have a mix of both at Priceline. Important to note that our CEO did not instruct employees to put “good reviews” on Glassdoor. In a training session for managers, he noted that we read and react to all feedback on Glassdoor, both good and bad - if you have a good experience here, we love reading about it. If not, we take that feedback seriously as well. All feedback is encouraged. On the whole, we are sorry to hear that you experienced frustration and wish you the best of luck going forward.

4. "Awesome People and Hell lots of opportunities to learn"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Learning is the key here Latest tech stack Competitive Salary Good People Good Work Life Balance Great group overall Good Leadership

Cons

Needs to be more innovative Needs to go global Less staff for the amount of work we have Hire right

"Awesome for fresh candidates. Not so for experienced."

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Norwalk, CT
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Priceline.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lot to learn from. Technologists get to work on industry leading products and software. Employees are pushed to their limits.

Cons

Not all teams are fun to work with. Not much career development in certain departments. Certain people are not very welcoming.

Continue reading

"Great experience to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Work with talented people in travel online business. Dynamic working environment with fast changing technology

Cons

It is still a travel company facing competition from competitor.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews