Primark Weekend Supervisor Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Paul Marchant
  1. "Weekend Supervisor"

Current Employee - Weekend Supervisor in Carlisle, England

I have been working at Primark part-time for more than a year

Pros

Management are always there to help

Cons

Can be stressful and mangers will put pressure on you.

Advice to Management

Always communicate with staff

Primark2018-10-27
  2. "Nice place to work"

Former Employee - Weekend Supervisor in Manchester, England

I worked at Primark full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The HR office dealing with the problems very good and polite people. The member of staff is very nice people to work with.

Cons

The management could be improved, less shouting and more to support employees!

Advice to Management

support people you are working with they are not working for you they are working with you to achieve same company targets!

Primark2017-03-27
  3. "Current weekend supervisor"

Weekend Supervisor in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Primark for more than 8 years

Pros

Good hourly rate of pay, good holiday pay package, overtime flexibility

Cons

Staff can be treated very much as a number, limited room for growth and progression for staff

Primark2017-02-06
  4. "Supervisor"

Current Employee - Weekend Supervisor

I have been working at Primark part-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay at Primark is good, there is always overtime and there are nice breaks. The staff in general are very friendly.

Cons

The managers at Primark hold impossible standards. They expect the shop floor to be in perfect condition all day, despite the fact that customers are packed in, dropping hangers and clothes on the floor and ruining displays. Managers stay downstairs for most of the day and only appear on the shop floor to complain. I, as a supervisor, am blamed for things which are genuinely out of my control. I was not trained, I... was spoken to disrespectfully by managers and I feel genuinely undervalued and unappreciated. Certain managers are derogatory, cruel and unprofessional. The working hours are ridiculous, I can work 11 hour shifts... When I was a sales assistant it wasn't too bad. I had easy 4 hour shifts and felt well supported and trained. Now I feel like they treat me like absolute sht and I can't wait to get out of there.

Advice to Management

Please remember that we are people too. We physically cannot keep up the shop tidy in peak hours with the ammount of rude, ignorent and disrespectful customers that come through the doors.

Primark2016-11-24
  5. "Experience varies"

Current Employee - Weekend Supervisor in Willenhall, England

I have been working at Primark part-time for more than a year

Pros

Extremely nice customers Chance to meet a variety of people due to the high volumes of staff Most retail staff are very friendly

Cons

Management is sales focuses and do not know how to deal with people well which leads to a high turnover in staff. Pay is poor with no staff discount or bonuses

Primark2016-07-22

"Weekend Supervisor"

Current Employee - Weekend Supervisor in York, England

I have been working at Primark part-time for less than a year

Pros

Every week our store has team building activities which are really fun, the pay is great, lots of opportunity for overtime. The management team are so enthusiastic, they make it a great place to work. Also, the store based P&C team (HR) ensure that any qualms are solved by an independent party, not that I have any!

Cons

Shifts can be long, especially for supervisors. And supervisors are held responsible for all staff movement throughout the day, but that's what they pay me for so don't mind. Making mistakes at Primark is not an option either, with management constantly looking for mistakes.

Advice to Management

Keep up the enthusiasm, but remember that you employ a lot of people who are young, and for quite a lot it's their first job, so bear this in kind when you're telling them off because not everyone understands how retail works!

Primark2016-05-28
  7. "Hard work, under appreciated"

Current Employee - Weekend Supervisor

I have been working at Primark part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Close family feel amongst staff, not one day is different

Cons

Management way too tough on all staff, high expectations but no support. Have often been criticised for being "too nice" despite my staff getting department tidy

Advice to Management

Be more approachable, stop competing with one another and appreciate your staff members and maybe staff turnover would be lower

Primark2016-03-15
  8. "Supervisor"

Weekend Supervisor in High Wycombe, England

I worked at Primark for more than a year

Pros

Busy atmosphere lots of different departmental experience. Great people on the shop floor and some good managers at store level. Opportunities at all levels to support other stores opening.

Cons

Head office decisions seem distant. Pay and benefits aren't great for the level of hard work staff on the floor put in. Progression can be very slow.

Advice to Management

Focus on the front line - reduce turnover and get great people that will stay in. Managers should not dictate, so include employees in decisions where possible.

Primark2016-01-26
  9. "Good Work Environment"

Weekend Supervisor in Reading, England

I worked at Primark for more than a year

Pros

1. Good work environment. 2. Various opportunity for extra working hours. 3. Wide exposure to different functions of the business. 4. Keeps you busy.

Cons

1. Minimum wage 2. No opportunity for international students for getting a sponsorship.

Primark2015-07-14

"Easy to go up the career ladder, experience depends on the staff you work with."

Former Employee - Weekend Supervisor in London, England

I worked at Primark part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Competitive rate of pay (depending on the area you work in), easy to get promoted; I went from tills, to customer service, to cash office, to supervisor in a very quick space of time. Easy to get transfers to other stores, useful when a student. Good hours for students. Some stores had very positive leadership and good management, particularily Wood Green. Very good training given. If you have to do any overtime its... all paid.

Cons

No benefits or staff discount given. Incredibly rude CEO, served him once and he was very ignorant. He had no clue what it was like working in the store or the conditions of working. Very poor management in the Flagship Store on Tottenham Court Road as well as a few stores in Hampshire. Some managers force you to work overtime. Very harsh discplinary methods. No graduate scheme.

Advice to Management

Elect a new CEO, please stop messing around with the floats, choose competent Trainee Managers instead of bullies with no management skills whatsoever.

Primark2015-02-11