Priory Group Birmingham Reviews

Updated 12 Oct 2020

2.8
Priory Group CEO Trevor Torrington
Trevor Torrington
  1. "I have worked for priory for 14 years I’m currently a ward manager."

Current Employee - Ward Manager in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Priory Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Friendly , supportive, nice environment to work in . A great team ethic. Good communication from the board and CEO, welcoming to new staff, celebrates success. Patient focused . Despite the hospital I work at growing it still retains a friendly feel.

Cons

Recruitment of qualified nurses is difficult but this is due to the shortage across the country and not just a priory problem

September 12, 2019Social Media Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your role and that you approve of the teams and people across Priory that work together to support the individuals we care for. We wish you all the best as you continue to develop your career with us and work in a role that you enjoy.

2. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Support Worker in Dudley, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Priory Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

A good, well-known company with a lot of benefits

Cons

Some sites are better than others due to management

September 23, 2020Social Media Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your role and that you approve of the benefits available to Priory colleagues. We wish you all the best as you continue to develop a rewarding career with us.

3. "Treated so badly!"

1.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Healthcare Assistant in Edgbaston, England

I have been working at Priory Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Interacting with patients. Very rewarding career, knowing you’re making a difference in people’s lives. Good experience for mental health nursing.

Cons

12.5 hour shifts, hardly ever get to take your (unpaid) break. Expect HCA’s to do so much stuff than there is time for. Burn out is high, nurses don’t respect HCA’s and bad mouth them. Make you feel inadequate at your job. No career progression. No support for your own mental health. No sick pay. No clinical supervision.

October 14, 2020Social Media Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory. If you would like to offer more information about the issues you've mentioned so that we may begin to investigate further and find out which site you are referring to, please email KatieGent@priorygroup.com Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

4. "shifts"

2.0
    Current Freelancer - Bank HCA in Birmingham, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Priory Group for less than a year

Pros

Shifts are easy to book

Cons

poor management of bank staff

5. "priory"

4.0
    Current Employee - HCA in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Priory Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good staff and great support overall great place to work

Cons

can be an emotional job

July 30, 2020Social Media Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your role alongside your colleagues and that you feel supported. We wish you all the best as you continue to develop in a job that you love.

6. "Great career opportunities"

4.0
    Current Employee - Deputy Ward Manager in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Priory Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This site is brilliant at recognising what their staff are passionate about and nurturing this by providing CPD opportunities. They offer jobs to internal applicants so you get first dibs on other jobs within the company. The Priory as a whole even offer a relocation package if for any reason you need to move you can take your job with you with support from your employer. I personally love the strong female representation at upper management too! You work bank Holidays which sounds a con, but the hours you miss are added to your AL entitlement so you get 8 extra days than our 9-5 office working counterparts. Oh and you get your birthday off!

Cons

Woodbourne is close to the centre of Birmingham and so rush hour traffic can be frustrating, as can parking on site.

January 23, 2020Social Media Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying working in your current role and that you approve of the internal development opportunities, benefits and relocation options available to all colleagues. We wish you all the best as you continue to develop a rewarding career with Priory in a role that you love.

7. "#ProudToBePriory"

Current Employee - Hospital Director in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Priory Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Superb support and great team work across all disciplines. Great developmental support & training opportunities

Cons

Its a large organisation but the regional splits allow for effective working despite this

September 3, 2019Social Media Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your role alongside your team and that you recognise the network of teams across Priory that work together to support each other. We wish you all the best as you continue to develop your career and work in a role that you enjoy.

8. "Very tiring job"

Former Employee - Health Care Support Worker in Birmingham, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Priory Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free food was given to all members of staff.

Cons

As a recovery worker you would be given all the hard tasks to do. You are also valued less. Some of the staffs were bullies

August 22, 2019Social Media Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry to hear that you had concerns during your time at Priory. If you would like to offer more information about the issues you've mentioned so that we can investigate further and find out at which site they occurred, please drop an email to KatieGent@PrioryGroup.com Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us. It is only from receiving such feedback that we investigate and make improvements where needed.

"Prospects for the Future"

2.0
    Former Employee - Operations Management in Warwick, West Midlands, England

I worked at Priory Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Priory was an organisation that looked to the future with a clear strategy. There was also a feeling that the organisation was trying to do the best for patients and employees with limited resources.

Cons

The clear strategy has disappeared and it is all about costs. Despite all the cost cutting it is not clear that this is actually meeting the organisations goals. If considering joining The Priory it is important to be aware that the organisation has a very operational focus (no strategy) and is cutting costs including people with increasing frequency.

January 29, 2018HR Director

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review and for the comments you have made. I would be interested in having a conversation with you to understand them in more detail, please contact me on karenprice@priorygroup.com to arrange. Kind Regards Karen Price, HR Director

10. "Excellent Company to work for."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Priory Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent Progression available in the company. Very good staff benefits, supportive Manager's Excellent training.

Cons

Limited connection with Board of Directors.

November 28, 2017Director of HR

Thanks for your 5-star review! Its great to hear that you enjoy your role at Priory Group and thank you for your feedback.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 English Reviews