Priory Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 12 March 2019

Priory Group CEO Trevor Torrington
Trevor Torrington

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Put service users at forefront of everything" (in 22 reviews)

• "In my job role I get to meet and talk to new people everyday who I know will make a difference to our site" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "People are raising genuine concerns about the service users at Dunvegan and nothing is being done" (in 13 reviews)

• "The role is really demanding and requires long hours but the benefits outweigh the cons" (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best Company I've Worked For"

Current Employee - H R Administrator in Leicester, England
    Current Employee - H R Administrator in Leicester, England

I have been working at Priory Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Priory Group has been great from the start. I was very new to the role and have been given lots of support and feedback to further my learning. The company are funding me to do an apprenticeship in my desired field and have ensured that I receive training and advice to help me attain this qualification. There is always a positive atmosphere at work and you truly feel that you are helping to make a difference.

Cons

The workload can be challenging at times, particularly as I am still learning but I am always supported when needed, and am always given the opportunity to learn from these challenges.

Advice to Management

Your continued support is always appreciated.

5 Nov 2018 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, it is fantastic to hear that you are enjoying the role and working for The Priory.

Karen Langton, HR Director

2. "Bannister farm, leyland - great team"

Current Employee - Support Worker in Leyland, England
    Current Employee - Support Worker in Leyland, England

I have been working at Priory Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team work
    Pay (good rate of pay for local area
    Listened too

Cons

I’ve been working for priory group for 7 months and I don’t have any

Advice to Management

Support from manager is great

1 Mar 2019 – Social Media Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your time so far at Priory.

We're so pleased to hear that you are enjoying working alongside your team and feel that you have good support... More

3. "I love my job"

Current Employee - Registered Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Registered Manager in London, England

I have been working at Priory Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Listened to, valued, allowed to take responsibility for my service, set achievable targets.

Cons

Have not found any yet.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the same, I like the fact as a company we are always looking to develop and enhance what we do.

14 Mar 2019 – Social Media Assistant

We're so pleased to hear that you are enjoying your work and that you feel valued. It's great that you feel you... More

4. "Very Goof"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Chesterfield, England
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Chesterfield, England

I worked at Priory Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A good organisation to work for I found. Good training. Very good ethos, standards etc. Probably should never have left my employment with them.

Cons

None that I can think of.

25 Feb 2019 – Social Media Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to write some great feedback.

We're so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your work and approved of the training alongside of your role. We really appreciate your... More

5. "Rewarding work"

I have been working at Priory Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with a friendly and supportive team.

Cons

Communication between departments can be slow and the workload is high.

20 Feb 2019 – Social Media Assistant

We're so pleased to hear that you are enjoying working alongside your team and we really appreciate your honest... More

6. "Feedback - employed for several years"

I have been working at Priory Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Friendly working environment
    - Supportive manager
    - Plenty of progression opportunities available
    - Wide range of training sessions available to book onto
    - Good quality training

Cons

- Low on resource
    - Workload is too high for amount of resource within the team currently

20 Feb 2019 – Social Media Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to write some great feedback about your work at Priory.

We're so pleased to hear that you are enjoying working alongside your team and that you have good support from... More

7. "HCA"

Current Employee - HCA in Ayr, Scotland
    Current Employee - HCA in Ayr, Scotland

I have been working at Priory Group part-time

Pros

Training and learning skills

Cons

Under staffed and long hours

Advice to Management

Value your hard working employees

18 Feb 2019 – Social Media Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to leave an honest review, it's great to hear that you are enjoying the learning and training opportunities available to you.

We're sorry to hear that you feel there... More

8. "A challenging environment to work in but rewarding .A lot of support and career progression opportunities and CPD ."

Current Employee - Ward Manager in Diss, England
    Current Employee - Ward Manager in Diss, England

I have been working at Priory Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A great team, which is supportive, experienced and has a wealth of experience and expertise in LD care. The management is supportive and the wages are fair .

Cons

Health care is a challenging environment to work in.

Advice to Management

Diversify and widen areas of career progression.

6 Feb 2019 – Social Media Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to write an honest review.
    We're so pleased to hear that you are enjoying working alongside your team and that you are finding the different challenges rewarding... More

"A company devoid of core values."

Former Employee - Registered Manager
    Former Employee - Registered Manager

I worked at Priory Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with the service users and my own staff team was very rewarding despite the barriers created by the organisation.

Cons

This organisation presents itself as having one sole goal: to make money.

The culture (for want of a better word) is one of tick box auditing and budget slashing to the absolute limits of safety, and beyond. There is very little interest shown in the care and service provided to service users and a horrendous lack of support for the registered managers and their staff teams. There appears to be zero understanding of the high level of responsibility a registered manager bears and the toll that can take. The organisation removed an entire tier of essential management leaving regional heads unable to provide the necessary support and monitoring to managers. Excellent middle managers have been made redundant at times when the organisation was crying out for skilled and experienced employees. Senior managers and leaders with no experience of social care whatsoever have been employed to oversee teams providing essential care to people with significant needs.

The company tries to project an image of modern care whilst maintaining archaic systems that make quality service management an impossible task. Where you read good reviews they are most likely to be from employees cushioned within a good team and shielded from the wider organisational culture.

I would never consider working for this organisation again and I could never recommend it to anyone else.

Advice to Management

Any recommendations I have for leadership has already been given. They paid the same amount of attention to it as the feedback given by countless employees before me - none.

8 Mar 2019 – Social Media Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and outline your concerns.
    We would be interested to learn more about the issues you've mentioned and your concerns regarding the care of service... More

"Manager"

I have been working at Priory Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are great to work with and are committed to person centred care. Priory are the biggest company in this country doing what they do and they’re actually quite good at it from a system and processes point of view

Cons

Pay is always a difficult one. The hours are long - however it’ll be the same at any other healthcare provider. Staff who are not performing are highlighted but the process is never followed through so you get good people leaving and those staff get away with it

Advice to Management

Invest in your younger up and coming workforce and progress them to management.

28 Jan 2019 – Social Media Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, your honest feedback really is valued. We're pleased to hear you are enjoying your work with us and that you think the standards of care are... More