Privitar Reviews

Updated 2 Mar 2020

4.8
Privitar CEO Jason du Preez (no image)
Jason du Preez
  1. Featured Review

"Highly dynamic company, great value proposition, excellent work culture"

Current Employee - Partnerships in London, England

I have been working at Privitar full-time

Pros

Very high calibre of employees from the CEO down, who together have fostered a fantastic work culture. Given it is scaling fast, there is autonomy and opportunity to have direct impact on the future of the business. Fairly flat structure.

Cons

Normal teething issues to be expected when scaling fast, across multiple geographies. Given it is a relatively new area (data privacy) and Privitar is creating a category, there can be challenges around educating the market (if you are used to selling feaures rather than solutions, it probably isn't for you)

2. "The best you could expect from a startup"

I have been working at Privitar full-time

Pros

- A lot of responsibility, your team is as autonomous as it could be when it comes to implementing features. - You can work on any part of the product, from the UI to cloud platform support. You can change quite regularly too if you feel like there's something you'd enjoy more. - You get the feeling that everyone is really driven by the company mission. You get a kind of feeling you're doing this for the right reasons. - Amazing people and lots of really fun events to get to know your co-workers. Events that would certainly dwarf even some mega-corporations. - Good benefits, especially for a non-financial company.

Cons

- There are some stressful moments. The managers and others try to minimise this as much as possible but sometimes it happens. - Sometimes I think about where the company will go from here in terms of what the products it offers. It is growing so quickly that I struggle to comprehend what I will be doing in a year from now, and whether that will continue to align with what I want to be doing.

3. "Fantastic Mission Driven Startup"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Privitar full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great bunch of people to work with. Everyone is very friendly, welcoming and open. - It really feels as if everyone is pulling in the same direction, regardless of what team or department you are in. We are all on the same side, the mission is clear - Senior management is great, with constant open communication to the rest of the company over what is happening and why. - It's clear that everyone here is extremely talented in their respective domains, it's obvious right away. It's great to know we have the best in class here. - The company seems to be heading in the right direction in a fast way, both commercially with new customers, but also staff growth and the opening of new offices.

Cons

none that I can think of

4. "Working at Privitar"

Current Employee - Financial Controller in London, England

I have been working at Privitar full-time

Pros

Fantastic company to work at, brilliant culture, brilliant benefits, great career progression and interesting work.

Cons

There are no cons I can see with the company.

5. "Awesome place to work"

I have been working at Privitar full-time for less than a year

Pros

Smart, friendly, funny, and interesting people to talk to. The atmosphere is also welcoming, so it's easy to be yourself. And people are generally happy to help you and you get to learn a lot from them. There are many opportunities to express your view on something and you will be listened to. People are motivated to build a great platform, so you can feed off everyone else's motivation to have a very productive day. It's easy to feel proud about where you work because of the net positive the company has on data privacy. Free fruit and sugary or savoury snacks any time of day. And once a week, free lunch. Flexible working (time and space).

Cons

Benefits could be better in terms of more free lunches or having free dinners. Having a gym (or dance or yoga classes, meditation classes or anything that would contribute to wellbeing) membership scheme would also be nice.

6. "Exciting startup with a great working environment"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Privitar full-time for more than a year

Pros

Plenty of opportunities to learn and work on challenging and interesting problems. People are smart, friendly and helpful. Great company culture and fun working environment.

Cons

As the company is growing very quickly, it can sometimes be challenging to navigate the rapidly changing environment where some things are not yet well-defined.

7. "A dynamic company working on one of the biggest challenges of the digital age"

Current Employee - Europe Policy Lead in London, England

I have been working at Privitar full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great people. Everyone has been friendly & welcoming. Privitar sets high standards, so people are also brilliant and their jobs and focussed on delivering results. It's motiving to work in a high performing team. - Fascinating work. Data privacy is never far from the headlines. The appropriate policy, legal and technological responses are emerging and hotly debated. I love working on a topical, fast moving policy area. - Generous benefits. Including holiday allowance, private health & life insurance, pension contributions, company socials and more.

Cons

Privitar is growing quickly, so it can be challenging to keep abreast of developments and internal priorities.

Privitar Response

January 9, 2020CEO

Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased that you are enjoying your work at Privitar. I agree that constantly evolving the way we communicate and align on priorities is of critical importance as we grow, and this remains a high priority for 2020 - especially considering the added dimension and complexity of broader international expansion.

8. "Small, dynamic team with good long term potential"

I have been working at Privitar full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Services team is made up of very skilled individuals with different backgrounds and specialist subjects. Collaborative approach to projects makes sure everyone can contribute, standards are high and everyone is learning from each other. We get to work closely with sales and product engineering teams to deliver valuable outcomes for customers. Being a small team means we're able to adapt and react quickly when changes or improvements are needed.

Cons

Workloads can sometimes increase suddenly in a small team when two or three projects come up at once. Limited amount of formal training material available so "hands on" learning can be somewhat dependent on practical exercises and shadowing.

Continue reading

Privitar Response

April 3, 2019CEO

I appreciate your feedback and agree. We are committed to maintaining the highest possible recruitment standards across the board. As we to scale up, ensuring we have high quality on-boarding and training materials is essential, so building these out now is a priority.

9. "Overall excellent working environment"

I have been working at Privitar full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Awesome highly-motivated and highly-skilled colleagues - Nice office, come check it out! - Cookies, nom nom nom...

Cons

- Sometimes there are high pressure deadlines and features feel rushed

10. "Excellent environment with great growth potential"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Privitar full-time for less than a year

Pros

Smart, driven people working with cutting edge privacy engineering research. Amazing work culture, great benefits and office environment.

Cons

Rapid growth means the teams have to adapt to change frequently

Found 17 reviews