Privitar Reviews

Updated May 31, 2021

Found 24 of over 24 reviews

4.4
Privitar CEO Jason du Preez (no image)
Jason du Preez
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great work enironment

Jan 17, 2021 - Research Scientist in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very kind and understanding people Worthwhile mission Very accomodating with regards to remote work throughout the pandemic

Cons

No major cons I can think of

3 people found this review helpful
  2. 1.0

Imploding

Jan 31, 2021 - Product Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Data privacy is an interesting domain and Privitar organizes the top flight In:Confidence events.

Cons

Executive management is insular and protects their own. Almost zero sales growth in 2020 after 70M investment round. The company has over-hired and will have to cut staff repeatedly in 2021.

Continue reading
    10 people found this review helpful

Privitar Response

CEO

Thank you for your review. 2020 was a challenging year for many businesses due to the economic impact of the Covid-19 pandemic. We have had to make some difficult choices which included scaling back on go-to-market activities in line with revised expectations, but throughout this period we have maintained our investment in product and R&D and have worked hard to adapt to changing market conditions. Data privacy, sharing and digital transformation remain important areas of focus for organisations around the globe and we expect that we will see the positive impact of this in 2021.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

The best you could expect from a startup

Mar 2, 2020 - Software Engineer in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- A lot of responsibility, your team is as autonomous as it could be when it comes to implementing features. - You can work on any part of the product, from the UI to cloud platform support. You can change quite regularly too if you feel like there's something you'd enjoy more. - You get the feeling that everyone is really driven by the company mission. You get a kind of feeling you're doing this for the right reasons. - Amazing people and lots of really fun events to get to know your co-workers. Events that would certainly dwarf even some mega-corporations. - Good benefits, especially for a non-financial company.

Cons

- There are some stressful moments. The managers and others try to minimise this as much as possible but sometimes it happens. - Sometimes I think about where the company will go from here in terms of what the products it offers. It is growing so quickly that I struggle to comprehend what I will be doing in a year from now, and whether that will continue to align with what I want to be doing.

4. 5.0

Awesome place to work

Feb 1, 2020 - Software Engineer in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smart, friendly, funny, and interesting people to talk to. The atmosphere is also welcoming, so it's easy to be yourself. And people are generally happy to help you and you get to learn a lot from them. There are many opportunities to express your view on something and you will be listened to. People are motivated to build a great platform, so you can feed off everyone else's motivation to have a very productive day. It's easy to feel proud about where you work because of the net positive the company has on data privacy. Free fruit and sugary or savoury snacks any time of day. And once a week, free lunch. Flexible working (time and space).

Cons

Benefits could be better in terms of more free lunches or having free dinners. Having a gym (or dance or yoga classes, meditation classes or anything that would contribute to wellbeing) membership scheme would also be nice.

5. 5.0

Fantastic Mission Driven Startup

Mar 2, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great bunch of people to work with. Everyone is very friendly, welcoming and open. - It really feels as if everyone is pulling in the same direction, regardless of what team or department you are in. We are all on the same side, the mission is clear - Senior management is great, with constant open communication to the rest of the company over what is happening and why. - It's clear that everyone here is extremely talented in their respective domains, it's obvious right away. It's great to know we have the best in class here. - The company seems to be heading in the right direction in a fast way, both commercially with new customers, but also staff growth and the opening of new offices.

Cons

none that I can think of

6. 5.0

Working with great people

Jul 10, 2020 - Software Engineer in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is easy to get on with and works well together. Work with experienced developers which you can learn from. Socials are great.

Cons

COVID-19 has made it harder to socialise with others in the company.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Highly dynamic company, great value proposition, excellent work culture

Feb 26, 2020 - Partnerships in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very high calibre of employees from the CEO down, who together have fostered a fantastic work culture. Given it is scaling fast, there is autonomy and opportunity to have direct impact on the future of the business. Fairly flat structure.

Cons

Normal teething issues to be expected when scaling fast, across multiple geographies. Given it is a relatively new area (data privacy) and Privitar is creating a category, there can be challenges around educating the market (if you are used to selling feaures rather than solutions, it probably isn't for you)

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A dynamic company working on one of the biggest challenges of the digital age

Jan 8, 2020 - Europe Policy Lead in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great people. Everyone has been friendly & welcoming. Privitar sets high standards, so people are also brilliant and their jobs and focussed on delivering results. It's motiving to work in a high performing team. - Fascinating work. Data privacy is never far from the headlines. The appropriate policy, legal and technological responses are emerging and hotly debated. I love working on a topical, fast moving policy area. - Generous benefits. Including holiday allowance, private health & life insurance, pension contributions, company socials and more.

Cons

Privitar is growing quickly, so it can be challenging to keep abreast of developments and internal priorities.

Privitar Response

CEO

Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased that you are enjoying your work at Privitar. I agree that constantly evolving the way we communicate and align on priorities is of critical importance as we grow, and this remains a high priority for 2020 - especially considering the added dimension and complexity of broader international expansion.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Exciting startup with a great working environment

Jan 9, 2020 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Plenty of opportunities to learn and work on challenging and interesting problems. People are smart, friendly and helpful. Great company culture and fun working environment.

Cons

As the company is growing very quickly, it can sometimes be challenging to navigate the rapidly changing environment where some things are not yet well-defined.

10. 5.0

Working at Privitar

Feb 26, 2020 - Financial Controller in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic company to work at, brilliant culture, brilliant benefits, great career progression and interesting work.

Cons

There are no cons I can see with the company.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 24 Reviews