ProClinical Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 26 November 2018

4.5
Daniel Smart

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "g, LinkedIn Recruiter Licences for everyone and access to all major job boards)" (in 8 reviews)

• "Good enough commission structure, very good basic salary" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Working long hours sometimes (not forced to but sometimes necessary to hit target and reap the rewards" (in 4 reviews)

• "They promise a lot but what a let down, poor salaries, out of date commission structure" (in 3 reviews)

"A great recruitment company to work for"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England
    Former Employee - Consultant in London, England

I worked at ProClinical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked at Proclinical for 2 years and would be happy to recommend them. They are a very professional company who provide a good foundation for any recruiter to build, or continue to build, a great recruitment network. The L&D Director is fantastic and the HR team are an absolute delight.

I feel it is important to add that when I decided to leave Proclinical, my immediate boss(es) and senior management were very helpful and supportive. Dan was very good to me when I left and I appreciated his support in my decision.

Cons

I think anyone considering or currently working in recruitment will know about the cons as they are the same throughout the industry; long hours, KPIs, some pettiness over account management/splits on deals, and difficulties that come with working in a highly saturated market(in PCs defence, they do offer transfers to other markets).

Advice to Management

Keep going!:)

2. "Great life science recruitment outfit"

I worked at ProClinical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people
    Transparent and offering good career growth
    Base salaries are competitive compared to other recruitment companies
    Has a very good structure offering functions according to one's skills
    Great Client Services function bringing in a high volume of business
    A lot of fruitful cooperation between different functions
    Offers a great variety of people, coming from different part of the world all having great individual stories
    Good training program for graduates

Cons

Increasing focus on KPIs - although still quite relaxed
    Not very good work life balance, although I am told this is standard in recruitment companies
    Commission structure is a little complex and could be better - as cooperation with a client service makes, and splits for work it very difficult to reach top earning brackets unless you are very well established and are able to generate a very high volume of revenue

Advice to Management

Be more pro-active and hands on with staff
    Some of the top management could be a little bit more approachable

"Recruitment company with great career development and future plans"

I have been working at ProClinical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- An exceptional recruitment agency that supports your professional development and listens to any concerns, even if it's personal
    - If you work hard and reach your targets you get promoted and recognized for your work
    - Able to manage and build a team quickly, great to get line management experience
    - Not too KPI driven. Obviously we got targets for placements, CVs sent, Interviews etc. but isn't that what keeps us going and why we work in recruitment? Compared to other agencies it is much more doable and I know that many of our employees are able to reach their targets
    - If you don't reach your target or you struggle, you get great support from managers and additional training. No one was ever fired for not reaching target and most people are able to improve through the company's support
    - Lovely co-workers, good environment, good vibes! Most people are more than just co-workers. I have actually made some great friends from all over the world. We enjoy going out together, celebrate birthdays together, go for dinners or other nice activities
    - Fun incentives including New York trip, horse races, director's lunch, South Africa next and more to come
    - High focus on diversity, not sure why there was ever a comment against this
    - Able to grow with trust of the management
    - International offices with more coming in the next years
    - All the large clients from pharma & biotechnology plus new ones coming continuously
    - Support with Business Development, even if it is in a new vertical
    - International travel to clients supported and encouraged

Cons

Nothing I can think of. I have learned so much during my last 1.5 years, got many opportunities to develop and if you like recruitment with a little less pressure and great people, ProClinical will be for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and keep listening to your staff for advice.

"An exceptional place to work"

I have been working at ProClinical full-time

Pros

ProClinical is by far the best recruitment business I have worked in. It is not a traditional KPI driven sales environment, but rather a quality led business that empowers individuals to work in the way that best suits their personality and working style. This culture is clear to clients and a major reason that the company has such an excellent reputation within the client space.
    The progression criteria is really clear, fair, and consistent; everyone knows what is required to move forward and is exclusively accountable for their own progression. Moreover, the commission structure is extremely competitive, and ensures that all individuals involved in any win are both well and fairly remunerated.

Cons

Perhaps more regular company-wide sales meetings would be beneficial, but aside from that nothing that is worth noting

Advice to Management

The only advice I can give us that as the business continues to grow, it is essential that the company maintains the values that have made this company so unique and successful to date

"Highly recommended for people who are willing to mirror their loyalty, and professionalism"

I have been working at ProClinical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training provided
    Warm/hot desks
    Support from management
    Team environment
    A genuine 360 recruitment environment
    Good enough commission structure, very good basic salary
    Professional working space
    Excellent efforts to keep up employee engagement
    Excellent work/life balance as far as recruitment goes. Time off/down time is promoted

Cons

Rec hours are naturally long, and it is hard work. This is to be expected and is in no way a reflection of ProClinical. If this is something you are unsure of, then recruitment may not be for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up all that you do now. Keep supporting staff from the bottom up

"Professional market leading company with good training"

Current Employee - Senior in London, England
    Current Employee - Senior in London, England

I have been working at ProClinical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Top in class company. Excellent people who share information with each other and collaborate with each other to help develop and succeed. Great clients, particularly the emerging biotech companies. Great to have a quarterly (rather than monthly) commission structure so you can build a big quarter and make some decent cash if you are consistent. Very ambitious company expanding into US, Singapore, China, Switzerland, Germany.. etc. Great opportunities to move overseas of that's what you want. Management team is united under one good vision. Really rapid growth. Head of Learning & Development is constantly training everyone. Exec coach comes in too.
    Good balance of male/female and good diversity too.
    Decent sales incentives - Everyone who hits target is going to Cape Town for safari this year.
    Sustainable and professional business.
    Nice office that is often refurbished.
    Bike racks. Decent benefits like private health insurance.
    Virgin active 50% discount is a great benefit and you can go to the gym every lunchtime if you like for a 1h30 gym lunch break.

Cons

Management don't generally believe that sales consultants work effectively from home and want people in the office for collaboration purposes. This upsets some people.
    They hire and train rookies in batches which can cause some competition between them which sometimes flares up. Not all survive first year which is the toughest year.
    Training can be brutal as re-teach you how to communicate to get results which can be uncomfortable at first.
    Decent commission structure for Consultants, but Sourcers (rookies) get a lower plan for first 6m-1y of training.
    Good m/f and ethnic diversity, but not at Board level. Only 2 female directors.

Advice to Management

Open in Australia soon please...

"A pleasure to work for this company!"

Current Employee - Senior Employee
    Current Employee - Senior Employee

I have been working at ProClinical full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Well defined structure in place for employees to achieve career development.
    - Great atmosphere between colleagues, with a positive and supportive working environment.
    - Excellent client portfolio, working with the some of the best companies in the Pharma/Biotech space.
    - A talented work force of people who are passionate about what they do.
    - Excellent incentives on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
    - Great newly refurbished offices in a perfect city location.

Cons

Nothing that comes to mind.

Advice to Management

Continue the hard work in keeping the ProClinical brand strong and offering our customers ongoing quality of service.

""Would not want to work at any other agency!""

I have been working at ProClinical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can honestly say this is best recruitment environment to be in. You are surrounded by credible and professional consultants, who are given excellent training and all the tools to do their jobs really well, such as LinkedIn recruiter as a standard for all.

The company recognises hard work and consultants are rewarded accordingly.

Targets set are achievable and if you are struggling you will be offered support. Its nice not to be in completely KPI driven environment.

They offer great incentives with trips abroad to dinners at top restaurants.

Proclincal has built a strong reputation in the Pharma and Biotech market and work with some amazing clients, which gives us the opportunity to work on a range of positions, within our verticals.

The client service team in place work tirelessly to bring in new clients and projects, as well as help consultants develop new business opportunities.

Overall the work environment is positive and the people are really nice. Everyone is very approachable and supportive, including senior management.

Cons

There is no real flexible working policy but it would be really helpful.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and continue to invest in the consultants that help build the company to where it is now.

More women at senior management level

"The writing on the wall......"

I have been working at ProClinical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-We have linkedin recruiter
    - Average commission structure

Cons

-Roles in Clinical Research have dissappeared, and you can easily verify this from our website and from our consultants linkedin account activity. Clinical Research recruitment is not what used to be, and the managers know that.
    I am sure they will post soon a response as they dont want the new employees to know the truth.

-Many colleagues who have joined us from the competitors, have left after a short period, and they dont include this employment on their linkedin.

-This place is getting a KPI led company, where people dont matter only results, calls & how much money you are making for the company.

- Company boasts about rewards, but if you are making good commission, the reward is like peanuts for the ones who will never get the big money. I was promised I will make good money, but the market they assigned me cant generate that commision for anyone.

-The managers are nice at interview, once you start it's a different story. Hence people leave so often.

- Training is average, and there arent many tricks they will show you.

-Unethical environment & the main focus is on manipulating the candidates

Advice to Management

You might think that everything is perfect but have you ever asked your people what do they think? I am sure you are fully convinced that everything is perfect and there is no need for a survey.

ProClinical Response

27 Feb 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for your review. I am disappointed to read some of your views, particularly as you have stated that you are a current employee.

As HR Manager I would like to think that ProClinical... More

"10/10... Would work again"

I worked at ProClinical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Adult environment & great commission structure

Cons

As the company expands it is getting a lot more corporate.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work