Progressive Insurance Call Center Customer Service Representative Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Progressive Insurance Call Center Customer Service Representative Reviews

Updated 11 Aug 2017

Found 20 reviews

3.9
Progressive Insurance CEO Tricia Griffith
Tricia Griffith

"It was all just mediocre"

Former Employee - Call Center Customer Service Representative in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with, gainshare, very easy to work from home , flexible hours and plenty of overtime .

Cons

experience burnout everyday, have to work one holidays out of the year, micromanaged 24/7, customer service title but still required to sell.

Progressive Insurance2017-08-11

"Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - Call Center Customer Service Representative in Mayfield, OH

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The things I liked most about working at Progressive were set schedule, benefits, work from home option, experience, decent pay, training.

Cons

Some things that I did not like about working at Progressive were being micro-managed, not being able to help customers as much as I would of liked to, and being let go after 6+ years without a clear explanation.

Progressive Insurance2017-07-19

"I put in my hours and don't have to take any work home with me"

Current Employee - Call Center Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Progressive Insurance part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Work from home, work has a defined ending and beginning, expectations are clear, there is a lot of personal autonomy and ability to transition to other positions if you desire

Cons

Can be difficult for people who need daily guidance and require a lot of stability in management. I've had a different supervisor every year, but it doesn't bother me, since I know what my job is and how to complete it on my own

Advice to Management

Doing a great job with what you had to work with

Progressive Insurance2017-03-25

"Customer service"

Former Employee - Call Center Customer Service Representative in Riverview, FL

I worked at Progressive Insurance

Pros

Brand recognition. Schedule. Pay. Work from home is awesome but hard to get approved for it.

Cons

No diversity. Impossible to grow move up. No sick time.hiring process way too long. Trainers are outdated.

Advice to Management

You give supervisors too much control

Progressive Insurance2016-12-03

"Entry Level for Life"

Former Employee - Call Center Customer Service Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

This job offered a decent entry level salary for me while I was still in college. The cost of health care and other benefits was very reasonable. They offered 100% matching up to 6% for your 401K. While I was there the minimum starting wage was increased by $1 for new employees in the same position, so they increased it for current employees as well. There is tuition reimbursement, three weeks of paid vacation/sick...

Cons

This is a very busy call center. My lowest call volume was 80 calls answered a day and on busier days I have gotten over 120 depending on call length with three seconds between calls. Sick time is included in the three weeks of vacation, but if you have to use sick time without getting it approved as time off (at least 24 hours in advance) it counts against your performance for picking schedules. I had to leave early...

Advice to Management

Overall this company was okay to work for, but I really wish the company would take a more holistic view of the employee for attendance, promotions, rewards, and pay raises.

Progressive Insurance2016-10-19

"Just starting"

Current Employee - Call Center Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's only my second day at work, and I'm honestly loving it!

Cons

There aren't any downsides to my job quiet yet.

Progressive Insurance2016-09-21

"Customer Service"

Former Employee - Call Center Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Progressive Insurance

Pros

Great company/Supervisor was off her rocker/They treat their workers great

Cons

Supervisors don't smile are greet you

Advice to Management

Supervisor was off her rocker/ chill and smile

Progressive Insurance2016-06-21

"Very nice company but but not for people who don't just love customer service"

Former Employee - Call Center Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Progressive Insurance

Pros

Nice management, thorough training, great ethics and great people who truly care about your experience and needs. I greatly recommend this company for people who truly love customer service.

Cons

Non stop phone calls. No time in between calls which I found very, very frustrating and tiring. I only lasted 2 weeks taking calls, not for introverts or people who don't really care for customer service. But really this was on me, I should have known I would not be a good fit for this job. Only thing is company should consider giving longer breaks or making it acceptable to take a minute or two between calls. It's really...

Advice to Management

Thanks for being so nice and helpful to new employees. Great atmosphere. The only thing I would recommend is stressing to interviewees that it is NON STOP calls. There is no other work other than answering calls so you get 0 time away from customer service calls. If I had known this I would have walked away immediately. Stupid of me, the title is CUSTOMER SERVICE however all my past positions have been in customer service...

Progressive Insurance2016-04-22

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Call Center Customer Service Representative in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Progressive Insurance

Pros

Training, profit sharing, culture, advancement opportunities

Cons

Hit and miss middle management quality

Advice to Management

Evaluate trainers more frequently

Progressive Insurance2016-05-14

"Great culture!"

Current Employee - Call Center Customer Service Representative in Mayfield, OH

I have been working at Progressive Insurance for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, good schedule. At progressive they really want you to succeed that's why they put you through a long training process.

Cons

Nothing so far. It's been a positive experience.

Advice to Management

Continue to be Progressive.

Progressive Insurance2016-05-03