Progressive Insurance Direct Sales Representative Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 20 reviews

3.1
Progressive Insurance CEO Tricia Griffith
Tricia Griffith
  1. "Wow, that's all I can say..."

Former Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Gym, cafeteria, Keurig machines in the break rooms, accommodating management and the ability to work from home after a year.

Cons

Micromanaged, extreme pressure to stay in your guidelines which makes building rapport with the customer difficult, and confusing time off request system.

Progressive Insurance2017-11-29
  2. "Fantastic environment!"

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work life balance is a top priority! In depth training for both state licensing and job duties. Great people to work with and nobody is above being on the phones, from the first line to the CEO!

Cons

They only give you a week to cram 50 credit hours worth of information to get your state license. Since some people learn at a slower pace maybe add an extra week in so the whole class can pass on the first attempt. That will allow the class to progress at the same pace.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!

Progressive Insurance2016-10-06

"Lots of sitting on the phone."

Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great pay, great benefits, awesome perks like a gym, Doctor on site, management works with you and offers help if you need it. I love what the company stands for and I love all the people who work there.

Cons

I hate sitting on a phone all day. I came from managing a store and being on my feet all day to sitting on a phone repeating the same questions over and over. It's very repeatative. Not much work/life balance.

Progressive Insurance2016-08-15

"all about production"

Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Mayfield, OH

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

*the buildings, environment and campuses are really nice, with different styles of art, accessibility, and areas for quiet time. *most locations have a gym, quick-stop shop, and grounds to walk during the day. *the cafeteria tends to have decent to good food, and periodically throughout the year there will be events that will be catered, as well as food trucks. *there's a common theme around work-life balance being...

Cons

*the majority of new hires will be in the call center, where turnover is the highest. constant calls WILL burn you out, especially if you are introverted. *the systems/interfaces used on a daily basis typically freeze, malfunction, and a fair amount of time is spent fixing them, causing distress for the customer. *more on the work/life balance: expect to spend most of your shift on calls. employees are encouraged...

Advice to Management

treat people as they would want to be treated and not by any other factor. additionally, talk to employees to get a better gauge of what you should implement, instead of making changes arbitrarily.

Progressive Insurance2016-06-20

"Benefits Galore!!!"

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time

Pros

-Decent Medical/Dental benefits at a reasonable cost -Ability to Work from home -Hourly Wage is good -Daycare assistance -Education assistance after 1 year

Cons

- Call Volume can be overwhelming - Shift Bids - Not many opportunities for advancement

Advice to Management

My only concern is the practice of shift bidding in the call center. I realize that this is the "trend" in call centers nowadays, but I have seen a significant amount of flaws with this system. In my opinion it affects those with families and outside obligations the most. I love everything about the company expect for this one major issue.

Progressive Insurance2016-05-24

"Sales"

Former Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Riverview, FL

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good atmosphere depending on sup. Great benefits with having gym, medical, everything on campus.

Cons

Newer sales process doesn't work with all personalities turning reps into cookie cutter agents. Lack of support and coaching from former supervisor, and being held to extremely high performance goals as per cross sell metrics that are some months impossible to hit due to current economy. Main con is the lack of support from direct supervisor.

Advice to Management

Go back to previous sales methods where agents could customize sale per customer not all customers respond to new process. Look for which supervisors are constantly having high turn over rates. The team I was on changed completely 5 times within a 12 month period due to the lack of coaching and support. Hold the sups more accountable for the success of their team. There are coaches that play favorites and some that will...

Progressive Insurance2016-05-04

"Extreme micro-management"

Former Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Mentor, OH
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Casual work environment, decent benefits, structured training format in terms of helping you to obtain your P&C insurance licensure in multiple states.

Cons

Extreme micro-management of employees who work in the call centers, poor pay regardless of performance, and managers who do little to support what is best for the career development of the employee....they only want what's best for the company and their bottom line.

Progressive Insurance2016-04-06

"Not FMLA friendly, no room for advancement"

Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Amazing co workers, cafeteria, and gym. Fair work life balance.

Cons

They denied my service animal on the property (I'm taking a screenshot of this in case it gets flagged again btw 1-25-2016) and they promote based off of favorites. They say they go by how well people answer questions, but not by tenure, knowledge, or contributions. I have had two reviews removed now, and I need people to know the truth. I have been with the company for 5 years, and I have won awards, recognition, and...

Advice to Management

Train your higher ups on how the laws of allowing service animals on the property, and promote based on knowledge, caliber, tenure, and contributions, and not how well people can embellish the truth on questions during an interview.

Progressive Insurance2016-01-22

"Great benefits and Flexible Schedule."

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, flexible schedule. If you do well, you are rewarded in small bonuses monthly. Easy job once you get the hang of it. Easy to get OT if that's your thing.

Cons

People who do well do not necessarily move up quickly enough. It's enough to make me look elsewhere after a few years. But overall a great place to work if you're looking for something flexible. A lot of people stick around for a long time.

Progressive Insurance2015-11-06

"Great company and excellent work environment!"

Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great training and trainers. Excellent academy instructors. The supervisors are wonderful and the culture is amazing. Great opportunities to promote and/or work from home. Management and company goes above and beyond in taking care of the employees.

Cons

Work is extremely redundant. Feel like a broken record in sales. However after 6 months and after 1 year, promotion and work from home. Available. Hiring process is very selective and interview is long, however, this leads to hiring successful candidates for the position. A lot of time and money is vested in new hires.

Advice to Management

Company is run extremely well from top to bottom. Keep taking care of your people and please find s way to get off the computer and phone every once and a while. I know that's tough because the job is phones but it is rough without breaking it up s little. Benefits and annual bonus is nice but pay is s little low

Progressive Insurance2015-09-20