Progressive Insurance Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 30 Jul 2020

3.8
Progressive Insurance President and Chief Executive Officer Tricia Griffith
Tricia Griffith
Pros
  • "They really care about their employees and the work environment they create(in 207 reviews)

• "Great benefits, great pay & awesome work environment(in 198 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Outstanding Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Healthy Work-Life Balance -Culture Beyond Compare -Empathetic Leadership -Incredible Benefits and Job Security

Cons

-Underwhelming IT Support At Times

2. "Work life balance nightmare"

2.0
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time

Pros

A paycheck the was consistent

Cons

Work life balance. Work load that was not evenly dispersed among staff.

3. "Awesome Company!!!"

Former Employee - Managed Repair Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Pay,Culture,People,Opportunities, and Work Life Balance.

Cons

Like most organizations it can get clickish.

4. COVID-19

"Beyond stressful!"

1.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Consultant in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

I would definitely say starting off with Progressive and going into training, I was wowed. Everyone was so nice, the pay was OK to start off with. The training seem effortless, though there is so much to learn and so little time, I was at ease that my job would be pretty easy once I got started. The benefits have been OK, and the fact that the paychecks are consistent has also been good.

Cons

However, there are things in training that they do not tell you about specifically surrounding sales tactics. In the job description when applying they tell you it is not a sales call and they do not tell you that you were responsible for Sales. In training they tell you that is not a cells causing you are not responsible for Sales but that you should mention to customers if they have any PHA offers. However when you get started, the pressure is on about pushing those sales. If you do not meet those sale goals, You are constantly harassed about it. And the crazy thing about it is that you are harassed in a way that makes it seem like it’s still not your duty but you have to ask questions this way or that way. Progressive is a money hungry company and cares nothing about their employees. Working here during a pandemic has been a complete nightmare. You would think that Progressive would be a little bit more lenient when it comes to trying to push those sales Two customers Who can’t even pay their bills. Not to mention they are also raising the rates during this time as well. The job has been a nightmare with in the last few months and I am unfortunately Stuck. HR does not care about your mental health and does not work with you on any accommodations even if you have a doctors note. Even if you have a disability, they are still pushing the issue that you need to be there. Call volume is ridiculous, you’re constantly making corrections of agents who are not trained from progressive but sell insurance to progressive and know nothing of what they’re doing. We are constantly correcting the errors of multiple sales consultants and agents and we have to be the ones to deal with it. It is above the paygrade that we are given to do such things. And last but not lease, The customer are nasty and rude. And you have to deal with those calls sometimes back to back to back to back with three seconds to breathe between the next call. There is no leniency when it comes to adherence so it is difficult to keep a work life balance working here at Progressive. So if you have a life outside of Progressive that you value I would recommend not working here at all. They care nothing about you here. I have struggled with mental health before and working here has just made it even worse. Even with doctors permits, and schedule arrangements that were recommended by a doctor, they still don’t care. It really sucks working here but due to the situation were in I have to stay here because no one else is hiring. You would think that during a pandemic there would be things a company with you to work with the public, but instead the company increased rates all around. And they also increase the sales goals for service consultants at the start of the pandemic. Least to say, Progressive is a money hungry corporate machine making inconsiderate And inhumane company. Do not work here.

Continue reading
  5. "Overall decent company with growth. Great gainshare."

4.0
    Former Employee - Claims Specialist in Chicago, IL

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

work life balance. friendly people.

Cons

some office politics. promotions not always consistent

6. "Great Supportive Work Environment"

Former Employee - Claims Generalist Intermediate in Burnsville, MN

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time

Pros

lots of opportunity for advancement, learning and improvement

Cons

sometimes poor work life balance

"Ok to start, high stress"

Current Employee - Subrogation Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Co workers in office Truly get to make decisions that impact people's every day lives Bonus at the end of the year

Cons

Pay barely moves unless you change positions They don't always hire the best person, bit based on tenure. It is stressful. If you enjoy work life balance then don't do it. If you know this is temporary to start off then go for it. Morally some decisions left me with sleepless nights. It is a business after all.

8. COVID-19

"Good pay, laid back but organized culture, great management"

Current Intern - Intern in Mayfield, OH

I have been working at Progressive Insurance for less than a year

Pros

If you pass their behavioral interviews and have enough technical background, they will work with you at your skill-level and help you grow. Also, there is a big emphasis on work-life balance which I think is great.

Cons

When I was there, it was unfortunately remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic, so I didn't get as much interaction as I would have hoped for.

9. "Great culture, fun place to work"

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Bohemia, NY

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great pay, benefits, work life balance

Cons

Very challenging job. That's it.

Continue reading
  10. "I would highly Recommend"

4.0
    Current Employee - Claims Generalist

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work environment and morale The people make Progressive and there’s a lot of positive people HR selects great candidates Gain share Flexibility Career growth Management No Micromanaging Independence CEO

Cons

Inventory can be excessive and difficult to manage at times Work Life Balance Benefits Short term and long term disability paid at 60% No Daycare reimbursement for single parents only for two parent households

Found 354 reviews