Prometheus Group Reviews

Updated Aug 6, 2022

Found 255 of over 275 reviews

Prometheus Group Founder & CEO Eric Huang (no image)
Eric Huang
Pros
  • "half day fridays, beer thursdays(in 29 reviews)

• "Free snacks and drinks are provided to all employees(in 27 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Pays less than average, and no bonuses or work from home allowed(in 25 reviews)

• "plus you will have zero work life balance and no autonomy to do your job(in 18 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

61 Comments

Tech

282.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Prometheus Group~631882
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Rewards for Hard Work

Jun 28, 2022 - Enterprise Account Manager in Leeds, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- amazing incentives, relaxation days time off, anniversary gifts, high achiever bonus and events - - great commission - play hard, work hard - chance of international travel - Friday 12pm finish

Cons

- demanding role, will require total dedication and that can be draining sometimes

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Whatever you do, don't!

Aug 6, 2022 - Senior Implementation Specialist in Gateshead, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people I worked with in my direct team were great. The camaraderie was the sole reason I stayed as long as I did. Aside from that, absolutely zero pros to talk of.

Cons

If you want management to pay attention to what you are saying or doing, add a $ sign to your name. This is the only thing that matters here. Customers are sold a dream and pay an absolute fortune for it, however in practice the software is in its absolute infancy and is highly volatile due to constant custom developments being applied for each customer. The structure is crazy, top heavy and ineffective. This is truly a company where you'll thrive based on who your friends are as opposed to what you can actually offer. PG have acquired many companies (no less than 3 in my fortuitously short tenure) and fail to fully integrate them into the business. Engica is a prime example. After 3 years the office was still littered with Engica branding and felt entirely isolated from the wider PG teams. A case of "oooh here's a competitor with software we want, let's buy 'em" then not giving a care in the world about what happens next. Don't expect to have a social life or any form of work life balance. I regularly worked from 8:30am - 5pm in the office, then headed home to continue work until the early hours to converse with people in the US (developers mostly). The staff turnover is insane. In a sales environment, it's ruthless. In an implementation environment, its relentless. In all environments, its stressful, incoherent and over-bearing. You'll be sold the dream of a "work hard, play hard" environment and "perks" such as free snacks at work. Instead of these gimmicks, your employees may appreciate some sick pay considering the insane expectations placed upon their shoulders. In summary, go and take a job elsewhere.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Account Manager

Jul 4, 2022 - Account Manager in Leeds, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Early finish Friday. Good snacks.

Cons

low pay No flexible working Not many opportunities

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 1.0
      Former Employee

Toxic environment

Jun 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Most of the co-workers are friendly (not management)

Cons

Management is unprofessional and completely unexperienced No HR / people department Toxic environment Unreliable product Dishonest relationship with customers Sales company - they will only do something if there is a monetary benefit out of it (both internally and externally)

8 people found this review helpful

Prometheus Group Response

People Operations

Thank you for your review. Our People Ops team is sorry to hear that your experience at PG was not a positive one. Although the majority of our People Ops/HR team sits out of our larger offices in Raleigh and Bangalore, we understand having an on-premise HR rep for our other locations has its advantages for addressing employee concerns. We appreciate the feedback and will continue to evaluate the need for on-premise HR reps for our smaller office locations as they continue to grow. In the meantime, we encourage any employee who has concerns about their environment or management to reach out to the People Ops team so that we can address these types of concerns promptly. We are here to help.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great

Jan 26, 2022 - Sales Representative in Leeds, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great experience gained and a young workforce

Cons

Hours can be a little long

2 people found this review helpful

Prometheus Group Response

People Operations

We love hearing about positive experiences from former employees! We're thrilled you enjoyed your time here. Thank you for your review.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Work hard play hard

Dec 28, 2021 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Commission is next level can change your life

Cons

Long hours means social life suffers

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 2.0
      Current Employee

Avoid

Dec 13, 2021 - Business Development Manager in Leeds, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Office good, food/drink benefits, general workforce good.

Cons

bad management, low opinion of workforce, high expectation with little payout.

9 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Growing and Exciting company to work for. Must be open minded in sales approach and willing to learn/work hard

Nov 15, 2021 - Enterprise Account Manager Team Lead
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best realistic commissions I've seen Realistic KPI's In depth Training and time each day to learn more All processes and systems set up in order for you to succeed Free Drinks and snacks (unlimited) Beer Thursdays Work trips Work Hard/Play Hard Great Office space - Stand up desks for everyone and extra screen. Forward thinking

Cons

Complex sales can be strressful - Need to be prepared for it

3 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great People, Good Culture

Jul 30, 2021 - Software Support Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are great to work with Good company events Fast career progression Rewards hard work Free snacks and good benefits

Cons

Very much sink or swim environment. Need to put in a lot of effort to get recognised as a high performer.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Jul 2, 2021 - Junior Account Manager in Leeds, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Prometheus has a work hard play hard culture, the harder you work, the greater the reward.

Cons

There are limited spaced for parking!

1 person found this review helpful
    Viewing 1 - 10 of 255 Reviews

Prometheus Group Reviews FAQs

Prometheus Group has an overall rating of 3.0 out of 5, based on over 275 reviews left anonymously by employees. 49% of employees would recommend working at Prometheus Group to a friend and 51% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Prometheus Group employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Prometheus Group. This rating has improved by 10% over the last 12 months.

49% of Prometheus Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Prometheus Group 2.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.9 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Prometheus Group to be career development, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be culture, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Prometheus Group Job Seekers