Prosek Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2022

Found 95 of over 100 reviews

4.1
Prosek Managing Partner  Jennifer Prosek (no image)
Jennifer Prosek
Pros
  • "I’ve had the privilege of working at Prosek for over four years(in 7 reviews)

• "Opportunities to learn so much about the industry and hone your skills across different areas(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Prosek has a very cliquey culture(in 18 reviews)

• "Work Life balance could be better(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Prosek

Join the conversation on

Advertising

122.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/advertising/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Prosek~722021
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great, kind people to work with

Jul 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Senior leadership, management and staff are very kind. It's an atmosphere different to other PR firms because it's inviting, supportive and familial. Not hostile/competitive internally/aggressive at all. I had a personal situation which was causing me a lot of stress. Prosek did not have to consider it at all, but they did and tried their best to help me out - even though it had nothing to do with them. Really alleviated a lot of stress and made me feel supported They go the extra mile for you in ways that other firms/agencies/companies don't

Cons

I just wanted to get on here and share the story about how they really helped me with personal problems (as shared above)

2. 3.0
      Former Employee

Decent financial comms firm

Jun 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get to work with respectful, caring pr pros

Cons

Might have to work overtime every now and then

3. 3.0
      Former Employee

Non flexible with policy’s, promotion timelines or accommodations

Jun 16, 2022 - Digital Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly employees and co workers Learned a lot

Cons

Overworked Undervalued No work life balance Strict non flexible policies Limited PTO Hr

2 people found this review helpful

Prosek Response

Partner and Chief Human Resources Officer

While we are glad to hear you learned a lot during your time at the firm, we are sorry to learn that you felt unheard. We pride ourselves on our open lines of communication with employees, and we consistently get feedback that this sets us apart from other companies. Your comment about the firm’s strict, non-flexible policies is vague. Actually, Prosek is only requiring employees to be in the office two days per week, and we do not dictate the days. We allow you to build your own schedule, which we have learned is a very positive differentiator. We do, however, have some policies that are built around the majority of our employees and clients needs. We are extremely flexible, have an open door policy and even have a communications system called Pluto where employees can email the head of HR and CEO any time and we respond within 24 hours. Because of our multiple listening systems, we know how our employees feel, and this is just not reflective. In terms of work life balance, we serve our clients needs, and often our clients need us during the off hours. This is the business we are in. Having said that, we do everything to have back up and coverage plans that allow employees to take time off when they need. A consultants life is definitely not for everyone.

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Fast growth trajectory

Jun 15, 2022 - Account Supervisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

PR careers are fast-tracked at Prosek thanks to a focus on professional development, access to opportunities and senior visibility for people of all levels.

Cons

Like any agency, the workload can be intense at times. Prosek has been growing at an extremely fast pace and along with that comes some growing pains.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great

May 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Loved it a lot. Would recommend.

Cons

Workload can be heavy at times.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company, top clients, hard work

Apr 21, 2022 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Top tier clients Valuable network resources at the agency Big responsibility and growth opportunities early in career

Cons

No work life balance Demanding clients

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Prosek is a Learning Factory

Apr 14, 2022 - Vice President in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you want to become a better PR practitioner, Prosek is the place to go. Leave your ego at the door though. What you can expect: - There is built-in mentorship and clear opportunities to grow. Every new hire is given a manager and mentor/media buddy. There is also a detailed "Paths to Promotion" document so it's clear to everyone what it takes to get to the next level. - Prosek measures success through four categories - finder, binder, minder grinder. Each employee is expected to master each of these over their Prosek career and is measured on them each annual review. - I still have mentors as a VP. You will find your Board of Directors internally who will advocate for you and support you as you learn. - You are given a lot of ownership at a young age if you've proven yourself capable. The opportunities here are unparalleled versus other agencies. - There are so many more capabilities than traditional PR today. That offers lots of opportunities for people who want to try something outside of the normal PR career path.

Cons

- Big agency folks have a tougher time acclimating. Do not bring your ego because that will not sit well with the longer-term folks who have helped this place grow over the last 5-10 years. - No one is going to hold your hand to help you succeed. People at Prosek are in charge of their own destiny. If you are resourceful and creative you will go far. - Feedback can be unvarnished from some. Do not take it personally, it's part of getting better. HR is a great resource for navigating through the harder days.

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great benefits, warm culture, PTO coverage issue

Apr 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Prosek has a warm and friendly culture. At times, it can be cliquey. Also, being in office is highly stressed for junior employees. But, overall they had great company-wide events and really tried to make everyone feel included. The best part about Prosek was the benefits. The benefits are great! I loved the "It's Ok days" and 401k.

Cons

Higher ups tend to go on PTO randomly or have doctor appointments and will tell you last minute. It's very frustrating as a junior employee to deal with covering for 3-4 higher ups in a day because they randomly told you they had appointments. I think my role here was great in many ways, but I did feel like I had a lot on my plate due to others. In addition, the hybrid schedule is okay, but there was very little flexibility for me to be remote. The work life balance wasn't great because of commute, work load, and a lot of reasons. Training was also very long!

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

An ideal environment to grow your career

Apr 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The firm provides an ideal environment in which to develop a broad range of skill sets while working across client types, largely within the financial and professional services sectors. It's great that compensation and benefits are very competitive. Individuals are not siloed by team or sector and employees have the ability to gain exposure to all of the firm's offerings, including proactive PR, digital, creative, content development, special situations, and investor relations, among others. The firm is largely democratized, with junior employees being afforded the opportunity to punch above their weight, while the MDs and Partners are active in running accounts and getting involved in daily work product. Operating as an independent firm with a single P&L across the entire firm helps ensure that fiefdoms aren't formed, battles for resources are limited, and the focus remains on doing what's right by clients at that exact moment. Work aside, what makes Prosek so special is the emphasis on promoting a culture that does not exist at other agencies, a regularly stated priority at weekly staff meetings by Jen Prosek and her Partners, and carried out by a large portion of employees with 10+ years of tenure.

Cons

It's a particularly fast-paced environment given the type of clients the firm has and comms disciplines the firm practices. Clients can be demanding and abrasive at times, which is not for everybody. And clients don't all operate in the most glamorous sectors. The work/life balance isn't always ideal, which is offset to a large degree by comp, benefits and culture/environment. It can also be a bit culty, driven by the large number of people who have been there for 10+ years. None of the Cons minimize the Pros of working at Prosek.

10. 1.0

Plenty of Agencies are Bad Employers; Prosek is One of Them

Mar 31, 2022 - Senior Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are a lot of smart and talented people who work here that everyone can learn from. Unfortunately, those same people are also passive aggressive and HR encourages a culture of cliques and sharp elbows. If you want to work in Financial Services, that may be okay.

Cons

If you work here, keep your resume up to date. Human Resources is absolutely ruthless about weeding out staff that don't drink the Kool-aid. Senior execs are removed for the most pointless reasons and mid-level people are denied opportunities and advancement in favor of over-promoting the same group over-and-over (and over) again. On top of that, the work-life balance is terrible. Look, you wouldn't be reading Prosek's Glassdoor unless you were thinking about working at a PR agency focused on finance. Just keep your resume up to date and don't trust the phony culture.

3 people found this review helpful
    Viewing 1 - 10 of 95 Reviews

Prosek Reviews FAQs

Prosek has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 100 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at Prosek to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Prosek employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Prosek. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

82% of Prosek employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Prosek 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Prosek to be management, senior leadership, career development and the cons to be work life balance .

Popular Careers with Prosek Job Seekers