Prosek Reviews

Updated Oct 25, 2021

Found 79 of over 82 reviews

4.1
Prosek Managing Partner  Jennifer Prosek (no image)
Jennifer Prosek
Pros
  • "Great opportunity to work with top clients in financial and professional services(in 4 reviews)

• "Top-tier clients across financial and professional services(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "As the other reviews said, there's no work / life balance(in 6 reviews)

• "Incredibly fast paced, which may not be a fit for everyone if you need a steady work/life balance(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Stay for the culture, leave due to the structure

Oct 25, 2021 - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice culture, enthusiasm and enjoyment Opportunity to engage cross-function

Cons

I didn't feel protected in terms of available resources, scope and time management Overall lack of team structure

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Culture of Transparency and Professional Growth

Oct 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

We have a weekly all hands call that Jen facilitates and it is very transparent, which is something you don't see everywhere. There are educational sessions that happen frequently to keep employees up to date on current and trending topics that are relevant to clients. HR has a lot of contact with employees in asking their preferences in terms of the work they do and is on the ground understanding how employees feel. While the company is rapidly growing, the HR team tries to ensure they are understanding how their employees feel and what they can do to help.

Cons

With the growing demand for talent, employees may be asked to operate above their current level on some accounts. That being said, this opportunity often gives employees a chance to grow and learn and take their career to the next level quickly.

3. The latest conversations about Advertising

249 Comments

Advertising

31.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/advertising/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Reviews&utm_term=Prosek~722021
      Join the conversation on
    4. 5.0

Great Culture, Great Opportunities

Oct 13, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Culture is in large part what makes working here so great and makes me so happy I joined. Everyone genuinely wants the company to do well and be the best in the biz. "Army of Entrepreneurs" is not just a buzz phrase, the entrepreneurial spirit really does embody what Prosek is all about -Tons of opportunities to learn. If you raise your hand to get involved in something or get experience in a specific area, more than likely you will be able to do so -Room for advancement. If you’re deserving, you will be rewarded! They're independently owned and even though they've grown so much, they've really tried to maintain their "startup" spirit. There’s no bureaucratic BS when it comes to raises and promos like there is at holding companies -Leadership and HR are very involved in the day to day. This allows them to be in tune with anything they need to be aware of, and they always respond extremely fast and are always solution oriented

Cons

-The company has grown really fast in a short amount of time, which is not a bad thing per se as it's emblematic of how great they are at what they do. With growth there are always growing pains. Leadership is great at rolling with the punches and being overly communicative at all times -It’s a fast paced company with high expectations. But that’s what allows it to be so successful and have such a solid reputation even with notoriously difficult clients. Be prepared to work hard, but you’ll also be learning from the best peers and leaders you could ask for (and they like to have fun, too!)

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Never Stopped Learning

Oct 8, 2021 - Mid-Level Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

I recently left Prosek because I landed a corporate job. It’s a job that I feel underqualified for, but my new manager told me they moved me through the interview process because Prosek was on my resume. Everything I learned, I learned at Prosek. I was fortunate to have managers who pushed me, and I was lucky to work with clients who viewed us as thought partners and not vendors. I miss the culture and how supported I felt at every turn. My manager was amazing and pushed me into growth opportunities. I loved the professional development opportunities made available to me. Sure, COVID was a grind and I frequently felt burned out, but I also felt heard and cared for with the endless amounts of programming and a hyper-communicative CEO. Someone (my manager, my mentor or my HR “person”) was always there to help me problem-solve, or even laugh off a rough day. Best experience.

Cons

Don’t be mistaken: You are signing up to work with some of the most rigorous clients in the world, in an industry that is also inherently rigorous. Take the call if you’re ready to truly work hard and play hard (cliché, but true); stay away if you think you can get ahead while slacking on the job.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee

No room for advancement, toxic personalities get ahead

Oct 7, 2021 - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Blue chip clients in the financial services space offer opportunity to work for big names very quickly. Very good at managing staff through a toxic culture of gossip and favoritism.

Cons

Unless you only work with the people you interned with, you’re going to have a bad time. The people who get ahead all share the same two personalities among them and advance by being territorial, passive aggressive, and shifting work on SAEs and below. HR is insanely useless. Going to them with a legitimate issue (heavy account loads, aggressive behavior from a manager, etc.) is the same as doing nothing. Work-life balance is terrible and, even by agency standards, this is a burn-and-churn approach to staffing.

2 people found this review helpful

Prosek Response

I am so sorry you had this experience at our firm. "Toxic personalities" is very alarming to me (and passive aggressive? I despise that!) We have a very thorough upward review process here where we get feedback on every manager and no one gets ahead at Prosek unless those upward reviews are positive. We have serious checks and balances regarding how our managers are managing. I welcome any feedback you have. Text me. JP

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome Summer Experience

Sep 20, 2021 - Internship
      Business Outlook

Pros

Prosek is a company with amazing company culture and an awesome CEO. Jen built a very successful company with top-tier clients. They provide amazing opportunities for learning for entry-level employers. I had lots of access to senior-level management and they provided me with great opportunities to learn from them.

Cons

I have no cons to report.

8. 1.0

Lies.

Sep 12, 2021 - EVP in New Cassel, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, who will inevitably leave.

Cons

Management, such as it is.

3 people found this review helpful
    9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

"A great place to refine your skills in financial communications, and introduce yourself to the world of finance"

Aug 10, 2021 - Account Executive in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Diverse clientele, exposure to various subsectors - Career mobility - Compassionate co-workers and support staff - Entrepreneurial culture

Cons

- Uncompetitive salaries compared to major competitors - Lack of account flexibility (long term retainers)

10. 3.0

Good Clients, but Proceed with Caution

Aug 6, 2021 - Senior Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some of my teammates were wonderful, intelligent people who genuinely want their teammates to succeed. Prosek has a number of high profile, influential clients that are interesting to work with. Salary transparency is terrible, but I hear they’re giving out some raises post-COVID.

Cons

Attracts a lot of passive aggressive, exploitative personalities. On several teams I regularly witnessed varying levels of bullying towards PA’s/AAE’s/AE’s, even if they were performing well and/or working extreme hours. Way too much over-editing and nit-picking of deliverables, and conflicting “feedback” from upper levels leave teams struggling to decipher personal preferences rather than focusing on a thoughtful product. I didn’t realize how toxic the environment was until I left. You’ll learn a lot about media relations, but if you’re coming in below AS, proceed with caution for the sake of your mental health.

1 person found this review helpful
    11. 5.0

Love where I work

Jul 21, 2021 - Assistant Account Executive in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people here are amazing and I love working on large finance accounts. Jen has built an amazing culture here and everyone is empowered to speak up and lead, no matter your title.

Cons

I have no bad things to say!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 79 Reviews