Publicis Health Account Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.6
Publicis Health Chief Executive Officer Nick Colucci
Nick Colucci

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The working environment and benefits are great - it's nice to work for a company that cares about their employees' wellbeing" (in 9 reviews)

• "Great work life balance compared to other New York agencies" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "work life balance can be a bit tough at times" (in 6 reviews)

• "Employee welfare schemes are just for show, senior management does not care about staff welfare" (in 4 reviews)

"Great company for ambitious people"

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Publicis Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Competitive salaries
    - Variety of work - no day is the same
    - Sociable atmosphere
    - Always pushed (supported) to achieve more
    - Lots of training opportunities made available to you

Cons

- Sometimes the hours can be long
    - Not the most ideal location - a bit far from central
    - Pressure to succeed can be stressful

Advice to Management

Keep fostering the talent within the agencies & ensure that training is provided to everyone.

Publicis Health Response

17 Feb 2017 – Talent Acquiaition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write about your time here. We are so pleased you like the variety and opportunity of the role and company. We take alot of pride in the training we provide and... More

"The people are great, but the work culture is CRAP"

Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I worked at Publicis Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Publicis Health is a fantastic place to build your skill set and learn about medical communications. The exposure to clients and intense project management provides a place to learn from the best and develop in this field.

Cons

It is clear that some agencies within PHUK are better equipped than others and it is sad to see that some teams struggle to keep junior staff who are new to this busy industry. Some agencies, such as Real Science, have most junior members working 9 hour days working through their lunch hour, resulted in feeling overwhelmed. Across the entire floor however, many people, especially those new to the industry, overwork, burn out out and either leave, or stay to end up resenting a place who puts little value on degree-educated individuals.

The rushed nature in the client and writing team’s work results in a bad experience for all involved and while they need more people to carry the load, the turnover rate prevents a stable, happy team from forming (or lasting long!)

Lastly, it seems they take way too long to promote those who are well deserving, so people end up leaving instead of growing with Publicis, which is a shame. There is structure and progression paths in place, but no common sense used to meet the needs of the employee.

Advice to Management

I think they could improve if senior management encouraged employees to work normal hours (not 8:30 - 6:30 without a lunch), take a lunch hour (not at your desk), enforce flexi time, and use duvet days. Otherwise, without a bonus scheme, the +50 hr work week and the lack of sanity is just not worth it.

Publicis Health Response

9 Feb 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review – we really value your honest feedback.

A healthy work-life balance is something we strive for at Publicis Health and we take your concerns very... More

3. "Highly recommend as a place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Publicis Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There's no generic employee template - a diverse range of personality types, skill-sets and experiences has fostered a growth culture where employees are continually challenged not only by their work and management team, but by each other. Nobody goes 'stale' and sits in a role that won't give them opportunity to progress as quickly as they deserve to. As with any agency, there are really busy periods where you'll have to work longer hours. This never goes unnoticed though, so whether its verbally praised or a team social is organised to mark the end of a busy period, it's always recognised that you've put in the extra effort. Standards are high for proactivity, ambition, work ethic and quality of work.

Cons

There's a high standard expected for everything. If you're not open to being pushed and challenged then it's not the place for you. Externally facing platforms (website, social media etc.) are lacking and don't give an insight into what the company is like so need to be improved to better reflect this as well as help potential employees understand more about it. The West Kensington location wouldn't be my number 1 choice of London real estate.

Advice to Management

Maintain the high standard expected of employees, always recognise the busy working periods in some way, move to central London, improve the website.

"Real Science; Real opportunity"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in London, England

Pros

Working for Real Science within the Publicis Health group has been a wonderful experience over the past two years. The company and the wider group are highly invested in their employees, including dedicating time and energy to training and development, highlighted by the fact that I have two line-managers and a formal review process with 360 feedback.

The work has been very interesting and diverse and each level is given the opportunity to focus on the projects and aspects that they enjoy. I have worked across several therapy areas and clients, and have had autonomy within my role - allowing me to develop client relationships and increase my skill level.

Beyond the work and career development RS is just a fun place to work. Everyone works very hard but also know how to have fun. We have 'beer-o-clocks' on Fridays with the other Publicis health agencies, allowing us to meet our colleagues from across agencies and encouraging strong relationships. From Christmas parties, summer parties and company socials RS and Publicis are happy to reward our hard work by emphasising the social 'family-feel' of the agency

Cons

As a busy, global agency there are times when the workload can be heavy. During busy times there can be late nights and high pressure. The cons of RS and Publicis Health for me are the same as any agency.

Advice to Management

Have more open forums for discussions through the different agencies within the group to encourage more collaborative working

5. This is the end of reviews that meet your filter criteria (UK - All Cities). Below you will find more reviews from other countries

6. "positive place to work. need to have energy"

Current Employee - Associate Account Manager in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Associate Account Manager in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Publicis Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

the people are creative and fun

Cons

politics and middle management that are obstacles to success

Advice to Management

scrutinise middle management