Publicis Health Media Reviews

Updated 21 May 2020

3.4
Pros
  • "I am a recent hire at PHM and already enjoy working here(in 5 reviews)

• "Great culture and management (for the most part) pushes for a decent work/life balance(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "Be prepared to work long hours- weekends(in 6 reviews)

• "Not sure this is a con but can get very busy due to the successful wins at PHM(in 6 reviews)

1. "Good"

Current Employee - Influencer Marketing Executive in London, England

I have been working at Publicis Health Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

Not stressful at all - good team

Cons

Nothing, everything was good and calm

2. "Working at PHM"

Current Employee - Associate Media Planner in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Publicis Health Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Fast paced learning environment - Exposure to working on multiple campaigns - Learning new programs and opportunities to meet with other departments to understand how the overall agency works

Cons

- Work/life balance - Work environment - Can be demanding on work loads

3. "Fast Growing Company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Media Director in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Publicis Health Media full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Opportunities for advancement - Reasonable work-life balance - Generous benefits (PTO, Holidays, Work from Home, etc) - Great co-workers

Cons

- Mobility between account and capabilities is less structured and can take a while - Informal training structure

4. "Positive, empowering work environment"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Publicis Health Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

Transparency with employees Pay is fair and aligned with industry standards Friendly coworkers Town halls

Cons

Not sure this is a con but can get very busy due to the successful wins at PHM

"Discrimination towards minorities"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Publicis Health Media full-time

Pros

Pay is okay but still on lower range for employees of color

Cons

There are an unlimited number of ways PHM discriminates against minority/foreign born descent employees. Right off the bat their diversity of employees is extremely low compared to other agencies in the Chicago office. They give less pay than white counterparts, and do not ever promote any employees of color in this office. We are forced to work 2X as hard with half the support if any.

"Successful agency with smart people, but workload was insane and I felt like I was in high school again."

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Publicis Health Media

Pros

Vendor perks are great - happen often and generously. Lots of company wide social events. Smart and helpful coworkers. Free snacks and drinks in the kitchen. The building itself is in the heart of the loop with beautiful views and new facilities. Great media exposure because of the high caliber client(s). You get to work under a ‘big 4’ media company and network.

Cons

I felt like I was in high school all over again. Some very catty vibes, but that’s what comes with working 90% women. Managers had egos and were so passive aggressive it was actually painful. Managers also played favorites - was blatantly treated differently and often completely ignored. Constantly highlighted what you were doing wrong instead of anything you did right. There is little to no training for the role and you are expected to perform 100% error free / churn out deliverables like a robot. The work never ended - clocked in 50 hours per week minimum, was not uncommon to work holidays and weekends. Was discouraged from taking two separate PTO requests - not directly denied, but heavily implied there would be consequences if I chose to leave during the ‘busy’ season. News flash It’s always busy. Not a job for someone who can’t handle high stress, office politics and long hours.

"do not work here."

2.0
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer

I worked at Publicis Health Media full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

i cant think of anything

Cons

work hours and no moral, management is bad

8. ""Best Place to Work""

2.0
    Former Employee - Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Publicis Health Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Can meet some really nice people -Health and Wellness Stipend -Work from Home 3 times a month after 90 days

Cons

-There is very little training- with VERY high expectations.. you will be thrown to the wolves no matter what they say -Managers can be unapproachable -Workers are young so be prepared for a lot of gossip and chitchat -Don't care about the well-being of employees -Be prepared to work long hours- weekends -High Turnover rate- People do not stay long -They act like they have a lot of benefits, but it's only because they over work you and want you to stay longer

Continue reading
  9. "Great place to work."

Former Employee - Corporate Professional

I worked at Publicis Health Media full-time

Pros

Great place to start your career.

Cons

Hours. Career advancement timeline.

10. "Good stepping stone position"

Current Employee - Associate Media Planner in New York, NY

I have been working at Publicis Health Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great stepping stone and exposure to build your career. Great insight into how business runs

Cons

Can get very busy. Lack of communication from management

Found 47 reviews