Publicis Health Reviews

Updated Jul 1, 2021

Found 82 of over 140 reviews

4.4
Publicis Health CEO  Alexandra von Plato (no image)
Alexandra von Plato
Pros
  • "The working environment and benefits are great - it's nice to work for a company that cares about their employees' wellbeing(in 10 reviews)

• "Good ambiance thanks to friendly, hard-working people(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No work life balance and not many resources(in 8 reviews)

• "Employee welfare schemes are just for show, senior management does not care about staff welfare(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Remote onboarding with a smile

Feb 25, 2021 - Senior WIP Controller in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The team are super friendly and everyone is engaging and approachable. Anyone can ask anyone else a question no matter how trivial that might be. Team socials and virtual company meetings have been well thought out and encourage everyone's participation. Although everyone is remote, the culture and transparency shines through and makes everyone feel part of the business. Great on the job training and support from my peers. The Power of One and the inclusivity of the organisation is incredible!

Cons

It is tough joining a new company without meeting anyone in person to build relationships. More video calls with the team to have more personal engagement. It is great to put a lovely face to the voice

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great team!

Jun 29, 2021 - Human Resources Team Member in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Worked with exceptional people, who really cared about what they did

Cons

Occasionally felt quite siloed across certain departments

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Friendly and Welcoming

May 21, 2021 - Junior Designer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Kind people, very welcoming. Learnt a lot and people were helpful

Cons

Didn't get enough workflow and was not involved in as many brainstorms

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Cares about its employees, but hamstrung by being part of an advertising company

Jan 30, 2021 - Medical Writer II in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good focus on work life balance and you get the feeling the company does care about its employees. They are good at employing junior people and training them up, and they seem to care a lot about diversity.

Cons

As a part of a larger advertising business they are negatively affected by the decline in advertising revenue that continues across the industry. This means that even though the Healthcare side of the business continues to grow and perform well, they are often forced to deny employees in Healthcare promotions and pay increases due to falling advertising revenues. Salaries are good, but not great and there is huge reluctance to even discuss pay increases. Your only choice if you want more money is therefore to be promoted or leave

Publicis Health Response

Marketing Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for your insightful comments. We are pleased that you see the care we have for our employees, the training we provide and the diversity and inclusion that we strive for in our team. It is certainly true that we put our people first and, as such, wellbeing and development is always top of our list. We also take great steps to ensure fairness in pay for our people and we are disappointed to hear that you feel you cannot discuss your salary; this is certainly not our intention. We will use your constructive points around reward conversations to continue to improve in this area, and will provide further guidance to managers to ensure they are empowered to have these important conversations. If at any point you feel the need for further discussion, a member of the senior management team will always be happy to speak with you. Thank you again for taking the time to provide a constructive and considered review. We encourage you to always speak openly to us about your experiences. It is through these insights that we can understand what is important to our people and hence be able to make any necessary improvements that allow them to feel happy, fulfilled and appreciated for the valuable work they do.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee

salary

Nov 23, 2020 - Account Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

great group of colleagues, surrounded by creativity and interesting people

Cons

senior management could be looked into better

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great workplace environment

Apr 21, 2020 - Account Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great progression Well-known clients Opportunities to travel

Cons

A lot of admin at the beginning stages

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Real Science is a fun, collaborative and supportive place to work

Feb 28, 2018 - Senior Medical Writer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Real Science has high standards for content and review processes that help writers grow in skill – I feel that my writing skills have jumped up a few notches since starting here. I would definitely recommend it for writers who want grow in their craft. You get considered and constructive feedback that helps you develop as a writer as well as improving the quality of the deliverable, and there is always time made to discuss your work - Exceptionally supportive environment – there is a lot of interaction with your line managers on a regular basis, but in a two-way, conversational style, so that you always feel heard, and confident that everything is being done to meet your needs - It's a fun place to work, even when it's busy, with a great team spirit - There is great communication from management (at all levels) to the individual team members - Project allocations tend to be varied so that writers get exposure to different therapy areas, as well as styles of writing - Lots of cakes - Flexible working and duvet days (don't forget to use them!) - Senior management is always very appreciative of your hard work

Cons

- Can be a lot to juggle as writers will work on a couple of accounts, each with different activities and deliverables (but the teams work together to be as flexible as possible). I would advise new starters to be comfortable and confident in having conversations with their teams about their workloads and deadlines, as everyone in the team is receptive to those type of conversations

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Real Science; Real opportunity

Jul 11, 2016 - Senior Account Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working for Real Science within the Publicis Health group has been a wonderful experience over the past two years. The company and the wider group are highly invested in their employees, including dedicating time and energy to training and development, highlighted by the fact that I have two line-managers and a formal review process with 360 feedback. The work has been very interesting and diverse and each level is given the opportunity to focus on the projects and aspects that they enjoy. I have worked across several therapy areas and clients, and have had autonomy within my role - allowing me to develop client relationships and increase my skill level. Beyond the work and career development RS is just a fun place to work. Everyone works very hard but also know how to have fun. We have 'beer-o-clocks' on Fridays with the other Publicis health agencies, allowing us to meet our colleagues from across agencies and encouraging strong relationships. From Christmas parties, summer parties and company socials RS and Publicis are happy to reward our hard work by emphasising the social 'family-feel' of the agency

Cons

As a busy, global agency there are times when the workload can be heavy. During busy times there can be late nights and high pressure. The cons of RS and Publicis Health for me are the same as any agency.

3 people found this review helpful
    9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

The people are great, but the work culture is CRAP

Jan 30, 2018 - Account Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Publicis Health is a fantastic place to build your skill set and learn about medical communications. The exposure to clients and intense project management provides a place to learn from the best and develop in this field.

Cons

It is clear that some agencies within PHUK are better equipped than others and it is sad to see that some teams struggle to keep junior staff who are new to this busy industry. Some agencies, such as Real Science, have most junior members working 9 hour days working through their lunch hour, resulted in feeling overwhelmed. Across the entire floor however, many people, especially those new to the industry, overwork, burn out out and either leave, or stay to end up resenting a place who puts little value on degree-educated individuals. The rushed nature in the client and writing team’s work results in a bad experience for all involved and while they need more people to carry the load, the turnover rate prevents a stable, happy team from forming (or lasting long!) Lastly, it seems they take way too long to promote those who are well deserving, so people end up leaving instead of growing with Publicis, which is a shame. There is structure and progression paths in place, but no common sense used to meet the needs of the employee.

5 people found this review helpful

Publicis Health Response

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review – we really value your honest feedback. A healthy work-life balance is something we strive for at Publicis Health and we take your concerns very seriously. We recognise that agency life can be fast-paced; that’s why Real Science offers flexible working hours and duvet days – please do take advantage of these perks! Please be assured that we really do value the contributions of every single employee and we’re committed to investing in their career development. Line managers have regular meetings with their direct reports as well as more formal reviews twice a year. Promotions are assessed on a quarterly basis, and we encourage ongoing recognition of individual team members through initiatives such as ‘Hero of the Month’ and the fifth floor innovation award. We’d like the opportunity to address your concerns and would ask that you reach out to the HR team, in confidence, to discuss this further. Please drop us an email at: Katherine.Brunsdon@publicishealth.com.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Highly recommend as a place to work

Oct 26, 2016 - Senior Account Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

There's no generic employee template - a diverse range of personality types, skill-sets and experiences has fostered a growth culture where employees are continually challenged not only by their work and management team, but by each other. Nobody goes 'stale' and sits in a role that won't give them opportunity to progress as quickly as they deserve to. As with any agency, there are really busy periods where you'll have to work longer hours. This never goes unnoticed though, so whether its verbally praised or a team social is organised to mark the end of a busy period, it's always recognised that you've put in the extra effort. Standards are high for proactivity, ambition, work ethic and quality of work.

Cons

There's a high standard expected for everything. If you're not open to being pushed and challenged then it's not the place for you. Externally facing platforms (website, social media etc.) are lacking and don't give an insight into what the company is like so need to be improved to better reflect this as well as help potential employees understand more about it. The West Kensington location wouldn't be my number 1 choice of London real estate.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 82 Reviews