Publicis Health Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.6
Publicis Health Chief Executive Officer Nick Colucci
Nick Colucci

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The working environment and benefits are great - it's nice to work for a company that cares about their employees' wellbeing" (in 9 reviews)

• "Great work life balance compared to other New York agencies" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "work life balance can be a bit tough at times" (in 6 reviews)

• "Employee welfare schemes are just for show, senior management does not care about staff welfare" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Tardis Medical - A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Chalfont Saint Peter, England
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Chalfont Saint Peter, England

I have been working at Publicis Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A fast paced and innovative company that stays one step ahead of the curve. They seem to get the 'people fit' right and it has been a pleasure to work here so far.

Cons

The IT help can be a bit frustrating at times.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Communication and collaboration are the key to a happy and motivated work force.

2. "Real Science is a fun, collaborative and supportive place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Medical Writer in London, England
    Current Employee - Senior Medical Writer in London, England

I have been working at Publicis Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Real Science has high standards for content and review processes that help writers grow in skill – I feel that my writing skills have jumped up a few notches since starting here. I would definitely recommend it for writers who want grow in their craft. You get considered and constructive feedback that helps you develop as a writer as well as improving the quality of the deliverable, and there is always time made to discuss your work
    - Exceptionally supportive environment – there is a lot of interaction with your line managers on a regular basis, but in a two-way, conversational style, so that you always feel heard, and confident that everything is being done to meet your needs
    - It's a fun place to work, even when it's busy, with a great team spirit
    - There is great communication from management (at all levels) to the individual team members
    - Project allocations tend to be varied so that writers get exposure to different therapy areas, as well as styles of writing
    - Lots of cakes
    - Flexible working and duvet days (don't forget to use them!)
    - Senior management is always very appreciative of your hard work

Cons

- Can be a lot to juggle as writers will work on a couple of accounts, each with different activities and deliverables (but the teams work together to be as flexible as possible). I would advise new starters to be comfortable and confident in having conversations with their teams about their workloads and deadlines, as everyone in the team is receptive to those type of conversations

Advice to Management

Continue to grow the team with great talent, filling gaps with external talent where necessary

3. "Why I love my job at Real Science"

Current Employee - Senior Medical Writer in West Kensington, England
    Current Employee - Senior Medical Writer in West Kensington, England

I have been working at Publicis Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

• Focus on people – many agencies/networks claim to be people focused and invested in the development of its employees, but I’ve found that few actually live it! Real Science comprises some of the most talented people in the business; this and the incredibly supportive yet challenging work environment really enables you to grow professionally and do the best work of your career
    • Real Science a really fun place to work and there is a great sense of team spirit; it definitely has a small-agency feel but with the opportunities that a larger network can provide e.g. career flexibility within the group, exposure to amazing creative work done by the advertising teams which provide daily inspiration! Real Science also has a really open culture – it feels like we all play a role in shaping the agency

Cons

• As with any agency, it is deadline-driven and there are busy periods, but this is always acknowledged and appreciated by the senior leadership team
    • There could be greater flexibility bringing in additional resource to support during busy periods

"A fantastic company with lots to offer."

Current Employee - Account Executive in London, England
    Current Employee - Account Executive in London, England

I have been working at Publicis Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It’s a fast-paced environment, with amazing employees and opportunities to learn something new everyday. A rewarding job, where a love of helping people and working in science can be combined with project management skills.

Cons

A busy environment which can sometimes become stressful if you don’t quickly learn how to prioritise tasks and ask for support from your team.

Advice to Management

It would be amazing to have a clearer distinction between the specific tasks to be undertaken in each role - to ensure that everyone knows what is expected of them, and how to progress to higher levels more quickly. This would also be particularly helpful for new starters to learn what their responsibilities are and to learn what they can delegate upwards.

"The people are great, but the work culture is CRAP"

Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I worked at Publicis Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Publicis Health is a fantastic place to build your skill set and learn about medical communications. The exposure to clients and intense project management provides a place to learn from the best and develop in this field.

Cons

It is clear that some agencies within PHUK are better equipped than others and it is sad to see that some teams struggle to keep junior staff who are new to this busy industry. Some agencies, such as Real Science, have most junior members working 9 hour days working through their lunch hour, resulted in feeling overwhelmed. Across the entire floor however, many people, especially those new to the industry, overwork, burn out out and either leave, or stay to end up resenting a place who puts little value on degree-educated individuals.

The rushed nature in the client and writing team’s work results in a bad experience for all involved and while they need more people to carry the load, the turnover rate prevents a stable, happy team from forming (or lasting long!)

Lastly, it seems they take way too long to promote those who are well deserving, so people end up leaving instead of growing with Publicis, which is a shame. There is structure and progression paths in place, but no common sense used to meet the needs of the employee.

Advice to Management

I think they could improve if senior management encouraged employees to work normal hours (not 8:30 - 6:30 without a lunch), take a lunch hour (not at your desk), enforce flexi time, and use duvet days. Otherwise, without a bonus scheme, the +50 hr work week and the lack of sanity is just not worth it.

Publicis Health Response

9 Feb 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review – we really value your honest feedback.

A healthy work-life balance is something we strive for at Publicis Health and we take your concerns very... More

"Real Science = real opportunities"

I have been working at Publicis Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Real Science is a friendly company where employees are treated as individuals and the management are genuinely invested in their wellbeing, growth and development. I have worked in a number of agencies over the years and this is by far the one that focuses most on its people.
    - Standards and expectations are high. For me, this is one of the biggest plus points because it means I can be proud of what we do. Only last week, a senior-level client said the following about one of our pieces of work: "To say I am blown away would be an understatement." This is the kind of feedback I love to receive and there are many more similar examples I could give.
    - The environment is highly collaborative, both between junior and senior members of the team, and between the account handling and writing functions.
    - People are promoted on merit and not length of service, and many of our staff have risen through the ranks in recognition of the growth in their skills and experience.
    - As part of the Publicis network, we benefit from exposure to a wide range of specialities outside of medical education, including advertising, PR and digital, meaning we develop a broader understanding of our industry than we would at an independent medical education agency.
    - There are ample opportunities for learning at all levels - there are dedicated training programmes for both the junior and senior levels; we hold regular lunch and learns with our sister agencies who sit in the same building; and there are a large number of highly talented and experienced individuals who are happy to give their time and share their knowledge with anybody who is interested.
    - We have a good sense of humour - sometimes it's more subtle than that of our bolder advertising colleagues but it's definitely there!
    - In short, Real Science has the best of both worlds: the feel of a small company with the opportunities afforded by a large network.

Cons

- Sometimes communication within the agency could be better (though in all honesty, this is the case in every med comms agency I have worked in - somewhat ironic!)
    - We are constrained by some of the rules and regulations that come hand-in-hand with being part of a large network

7. "Lovely People, Friendly Environment"

I have been working at Publicis Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Genuinely lovely people, great benefits like WFH + flexi time, fun atmosphere, open about company goals, business plan and decisions, social activities etc

Cons

The office could do with a refurb

Advice to Management

Carry on encouraging democratic behaviour and flat line structure

"Took me years to get over my experience at Real Science Communications"

Former Employee - Medical Writer in London, England
    Former Employee - Medical Writer in London, England

I worked at Publicis Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Could be useful for getting into Med Comms as a medical writer.

Cons

When I was there it was very hierarchical with high turnover of staff. Favouritism and blame culture was common. Medical writers appeared to be treated less favourably than the account staff and so called weaker ones were targeted rather than given a sporting chance to improve.

Advice to Management

Constant high staff turnover is actually not a good thing.

Publicis Health Response

13 Nov 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback. At Real Science we strive to ensure that all employees feel supported and have a management structure in which they have confidence. It is not clear how recent your... More

"Fun place to work"

I have been working at Publicis Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone is so friendly and there are always training opportunities. There are lots of socials and opportunities to attend interesting lunch and learns put on by people within the 5 agencies which share a building. You can also get involved in really interesting and inspiring pro bono projects.

Cons

Location is not great. Deadlines can mean many late nights in the office, as with any advertising agency.

Advice to Management

More care needs to be put into line management, specifically or more junior employees.

10. "Great people"

Current Employee - Head of Design in London, England
    Current Employee - Head of Design in London, England

I have been working at Publicis Health (Less than a year)

Pros

The people have a lot of time for each other, no one seems too harassed to be approachable and everything is taken with a touch of humour and energy. There is real sense that everyone cares about the work too, it's important to them and they don't just 'get it through'. There is also the advantage of free fruit and no shortage of team lunches and socials.

Cons

As with any agency there are deadlines that need to be met so some flexibility is required with working hours but it is balanced and any extra time put in is compensated or balanced out on other days. A greater integration of skill sets (for example digital, strategy and creative) could be included in projects consistently to work in a more agile manner.