Publicis Health Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Publicis Health Reviews

Updated 19 September 2018

UK - All CitiesFull-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The working environment and benefits are great - it's nice to work for a company that cares about their employees' wellbeing" (in 9 reviews)

• "Great work life balance compared to other New York agencies" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "work life balance can be a bit tough at times" (in 6 reviews)

• "Employee welfare schemes are just for show, senior management does not care about staff welfare" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Highly recommend as a place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Publicis Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There's no generic employee template - a diverse range of personality types, skill-sets and experiences has fostered a growth culture where employees are continually challenged not only by their work and management team, but by each other. Nobody goes 'stale' and sits in a role that won't give them opportunity to progress as quickly as they deserve to. As with any agency, there are really busy periods where you'll have to work longer hours. This never goes unnoticed though, so whether its verbally praised or a team social is organised to mark the end of a busy period, it's always recognised that you've put in the extra effort. Standards are high for proactivity, ambition, work ethic and quality of work.

Cons

There's a high standard expected for everything. If you're not open to being pushed and challenged then it's not the place for you. Externally facing platforms (website, social media etc.) are lacking and don't give an insight into what the company is like so need to be improved to better reflect this as well as help potential employees understand more about it. The West Kensington location wouldn't be my number 1 choice of London real estate.

Advice to Management

Maintain the high standard expected of employees, always recognise the busy working periods in some way, move to central London, improve the website.

"I look forward to work every single day!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in London, England
    Current Employee - Account Executive in London, England

I have been working at Publicis Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team make you feel like you're part of the family from day one. Everyone is very friendly, supportive, and most importantly, funny. There is always plenty of laughter about (in between all the hard work, of course). The company make you feel valued and important. They focus on improving your skills, ensuring that you get to work on projects that interest you, or attend training that you feel will benefit you.

Cons

The long hours can be taxing, and you don't get paid overtime. Often resolving this comes down to just learning to manage your time better, and taking responsibility for your own hours. Unfortunately, projects are often urgent, and require you to work late, which is just par for the course in this career.

Advice to Management

I don't have much advice to give, other than to say 'keep doing what you're doing'. I feel valued and appreciated, and what more could you ask for in a job?

Publicis Health Response

25 Nov 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Great to hear you like being part of the PH family and that you enjoy the work you are doing - that's what we love to hear!

3. "Great working environment"

Former Employee - Designer in London, England
    Former Employee - Designer in London, England

I worked at Publicis Health (Less than a year)

Pros

Had a great time during my short period here. People were incredibly welcoming whilst mainintaning a professional attitude. Couldn't ask for more

Cons

The location wasn't great; I was staying in South East London and found the commute pretty troublesome at times.

Advice to Management

Keep the balance in the workplace the same- it's rare to come across a working environment that is both sociable and productive.

4. "High standards in a small-agency environment"

Current Employee - Account Director in London, England

I have been working at Publicis Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Individual agencies lead to small-agency environments with the support and contacts of a much larger network
    - Very high standards are encouraged and maintained
    - Strong focus on people development and line management with very good training provision
    - The values and intentions of the people in charge are generally good

Cons

- Lots of bureaucracy and decisions are often implemented slowly, if at all
    - Risk-averse approach can lead to a feeling of slight stagnation

Advice to Management

Managers of the individual business units may benefit from a slightly more collaborative/inclusive approach
    Don't be afraid to take risks

5. "A really positive place to be"

Current Employee - Associate Director, Project Management Management in London, England

I have been working at Publicis Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people at Publicis Health are a very diverse, bright and interesting mix, from a wide geographical area. There is something to learn from almost everyone you meet. It feels like there are lots of opportunities for you to move up or across or even to a different territory. Senior Management seem genuinely interested in the detail and make a point of knowing and speaking to all the team members.

There is a big focus on training and personal development and some of the training sessions are hugely valuable.

The London campus is nice with big windows in all offices and a garden area to enjoy when the weather is good. There are two onsite cafes and bars also.

Publicis Life Brands Resolute is a great place to be, with a great mix of skills, both scientific and creative, creating a really unique service for the clients.

Cons

The cross-agency collaboration is still a little clunky and could be improved - I think a lot of work is going on to address that. Some of the offices could be better set up to drive and facilitate the creative process.

Advice to Management

Keep prioritising people development - it is a massive strength of this company - please don't overlook the training needs of the most junior members of the teams.

6. "Small and large at the same time!"

Current Employee - Business Director in Chalfont Saint Peter, England
    Current Employee - Business Director in Chalfont Saint Peter, England

I have been working at Publicis Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great atmosphere, fabulous team spirit. I love being part of a success story. It's good to retain the small agency feel but have the benefits of being part of something much bigger
    I work for one agency (Tardis Medical Consultancy) but I am enjoying the opportunity to collaborate with other agencies.

Cons

There is a high expection of quality here so if you are a 'that will do' person it's not for you!

Advice to Management

Keep walking the talk! The 650 Management Training programme is a great investment in the leadership team.

7. "Great atmosphere"

Current Employee - Finance Assistant in West Kensington, England
    Current Employee - Finance Assistant in West Kensington, England

I have been working at Publicis Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun working environment
    Friendly employees
    Big focus on training and development
    Nice office
    Lots of employee benefits

Cons

Office is a bit out of the way unless you live in West London
    Decisions are often made by senior management without full consultation of agencies
    Shared support services often leads to a lot of red tape and slow turnarounds

8. "Inspiring and interesting place to work"

I have been working at Publicis Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love how each agency has their own culture, which is respected and nurtured by the group. The people who work here are inspiring and everyone is passionate about the work they do, which makes it a brilliant place to work. The working environment and benefits are great - it's nice to work for a company that cares about their employees' wellbeing.

Cons

Working for a large network has its draw backs, as there's often a feeling of being told to do something, rather than being brought along on the journey. Publicis Health also has a slight tendency to go after anything new and exciting, but the longevity of certain messages can fall by the way side, as the planning and delivery element is usually missing.

That being said, everyone cares about the work and each other.

9. "A big, happy, healthy family"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Publicis Health (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, atmosphere and culture.
    The ethos of 'Changing lives, together' really resonates through the agencies and the work they do. It makes you feel like you really are having a positive, life changing impact on people's lives that you don't get in a consumer agency.
    There are lots of opportunities to learn, develop and push yourself.
    I've been here 18 months and I'm still enjoying it

Cons

Maybe a bit more fruit/ salad to balance out the cake and pizza?
    The location, although it works for me personally, I know some employees would prefer it if it was more central

"Going from strength to strength"

I have been working at Publicis Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, friendly people, family atmosphere, lots of socials
    Plenty of opportunity for learning and development
    Working on some exciting internal pieces
    Pitch work
    Agency generally doing well

Cons

Long hours
    Location isn't central to London