Publicis Health Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Publicis Health Reviews

Updated 1 April 2019

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The working environment and benefits are great - it's nice to work for a company that cares about their employees' wellbeing" (in 10 reviews)

• "Great work life balance compared to other New York agencies" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Employee welfare schemes are just for show, senior management does not care about staff welfare" (in 4 reviews)

• "The location is on the district line, which tends to have issues, but the building and complex are beautiful" (in 3 reviews)

"I've never dreaded coming to work here!"

I have been working at Publicis Health full-time

Pros

- Working with smart people who care about what they do and each other
    - Autonomy in the work I do
    - Support and feedback to keep getting better
    - Nice work environment. I think we're well looked after with healthcare, massages, fruit delivery etc. Honestly, there's always so much food in the office!

Cons

- It is a big network, so decisions can take ages to get everyone bought in. This can stifle new ideas
    - It's a dynamic industry which is fun in some ways, but leads to knee jerk reactions in others

Advice to Management

Create a strategy which is agile enough to change, but so that we all know the direction we need to move in.
    Give people more freedom to make mistakes, act autonomously and you'll get greater innovation and creativity

"Learning lots!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Publicis Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

PH places a huge amount of emphasis on training and career/personal development for employees of all levels meaning that you feel valued and supported.
    The large, global network provides the opportunity to collaborate with different agencies and interact with employees from other sites.
    Everyone is extremely friendly and welcoming when you start with PH and the facilities are fantastic.

Cons

Sometimes centralised support services mean that certain processes can take a little longer. However, this is not a big concern as if something is urgent then it is dealt with promptly.

"It is getting better & better"

Current Employee - People Team Member in London, England
    Current Employee - People Team Member in London, England

I have been working at Publicis Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great talented leadership & people throughout the agencies
    Fun atmosphere
    Great experiences
    Can make a difference every day
    We are changing lives, together!

Cons

Infrastructure not always the best/most aligned e.g IT & reporting systems

Advice to Management

Do more of what you are doing
    Take more riskd

"Real Science; Real opportunity"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in London, England

Pros

Working for Real Science within the Publicis Health group has been a wonderful experience over the past two years. The company and the wider group are highly invested in their employees, including dedicating time and energy to training and development, highlighted by the fact that I have two line-managers and a formal review process with 360 feedback.

The work has been very interesting and diverse and each level is given the opportunity to focus on the projects and aspects that they enjoy. I have worked across several therapy areas and clients, and have had autonomy within my role - allowing me to develop client relationships and increase my skill level.

Beyond the work and career development RS is just a fun place to work. Everyone works very hard but also know how to have fun. We have 'beer-o-clocks' on Fridays with the other Publicis health agencies, allowing us to meet our colleagues from across agencies and encouraging strong relationships. From Christmas parties, summer parties and company socials RS and Publicis are happy to reward our hard work by emphasising the social 'family-feel' of the agency

Cons

As a busy, global agency there are times when the workload can be heavy. During busy times there can be late nights and high pressure. The cons of RS and Publicis Health for me are the same as any agency.

Advice to Management

Have more open forums for discussions through the different agencies within the group to encourage more collaborative working

5. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Publicis Health (Less than a year)

Pros

-Really lovely people, very little ego - culture varies across agencies but most people I've worked wtih have been very friendly and hardworking and like to have fun
    -For me there is a lot of opportunity for career progression and a lot of training and career development support
    -The network of agencies genuinely feels collaborative and they work together a lot, resource is shared and it feels like one big group (previous places I've worked with similar structure have been more competitive)
    -It's a great culture for working parents, which I've found quite rare in this industry. Senior leadership is very understanding about flexible working/working hours and occasionally working from home to balance work/family which I value tremendously

Cons

-There is a lot of ambition and creativity but sometimes the agencies get let down on the delivery side; more could be done to give develop process and give it more strucutre
    -Location of main office in Kensington Village as been a sore point for some - not as much vibe as somewhere more central (though I personally don't mind too much)
    -While it's nice to feel like one big group, sometimes it can feel a little corporate rather than a smaller agency feeling

Advice to Management

Overall I think the management is great but I'd always recommend focusing on the people and investing in them as much as possible!

"It just looks good in your CV..."

Current Employee - Designer in London, England
    Current Employee - Designer in London, England

I have been working at Publicis Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In general nice people working there (out of the Senior Management Team...). Some late nights and weekends but below industry average I'd say...

Cons

Extremely poor senior management, oligarchy system out of which you literally have no career progression, hidden agendas, poor communication within the company...
    They lie to you in your face about anything, and at the end nothing materialises the way they say... or any other way for that matter...

Advice to Management

Care about your employees and their careers, and be honest with them. An honest and flatter approach would make wonders around there.

"Having a great time"

I have been working at Publicis Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people
    Trying new things
    Diverse & talented colleagues
    Working environment & facilities are excellent

Cons

Network can slow activity down

Advice to Management

Proactively manage people & support their career rather than waiting for things to happen & then reacting

"Great to join it, great to leave it."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Publicis Health full-time

Pros

Excellent upfront approach to healthcare advertising

Cons

Expectations didn't match with reality. Very, very poor management team all the way from the very top, clueless and poisonous.

9. "about my job"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Publicis Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

international company
    best working environment with good mentoring

Cons

regulated working environment
    many processes to follow

Advice to Management

you are doing great. just make the processes more simple

10. "Toxic Smoke and Mirrors, CSL / MSL AstraZeneca"

Former Employee - Contractor/AstraZeneca in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Contractor/AstraZeneca in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Publicis Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interviewing was a snap! You'll know if they like you, because they'll coach you through it.

Cons

The interview and CSL/MSL job description is misleading at best, and upon entering into the contract with Publicis Health on behalf of AstraZeneca the Publicis Manager will micromanage your every move, and ultimately is there to serve the clients interests, not the employee. Don't look for Publicis to help you out with the client, like in this situation with AstraZeneca.

A lot of behind the scenes gossip, lack of empathy, and diminunizing your professional assets. It's beyond brown-nosing, rather they're looking for someone who is willing to be paid a decent hourly rate, to work not just the set 8am-5:30pm, but work into your evenings and over the weekend. As we all know, this dilutes your profits and leaves you without many alternatives professionally and socially.

If you question they're demands, they'll start building a case against you with frivolous complaints, verbal and written. This must happen quite frequently, because the manager will bring HR in on every phone or Skype conversation, which is never respectful of a professional's time, hard work and intelligence.

The best advice to you, if you're looking at going through a contract agency to work for a large company/corporation, DON'T DO IT! Serving 2 masters is twice the headaches, and they'll just leave you out to dry. Publicis is very good at playing this game.

Just apply directly to whichever company you're interested in, and if you know someone in that company, that's always going to put you on a good note with them.

Lastly, CSL/MSL jobs in Biopharma are a "DEAD-END JOB!!" If you don't possess a doctoral degree, they will just work you to death, then replace you. So, keep up your clinical work on the side, otherwise they’ll leave you stranded. And as an observation, diversity is not hiring primarily Caucasians and Asians, so don't look for a fair shake in this company.

Advice to Management

Toxic! There is no amount of advice that would reverse the endemic nature of this toxic work environment, and for those who disagree, well, they're probably in too deep and sipping that nectar right along with the rest of them that "just need" this job.
    Furthermore, this is a primarily British company, fronting as a U.S. establishment, so they do not empathize with American values or the lifestyle.