Pubmatic Account Executive Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Account Executive

4.4
Rajeev Goel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • GOOD LEADERSHIP, work life balance opportunity, supportive HR (in 14 reviews)

• Great Work culture, supportive managers (At least in the team I work into) less restrictions (in 13 reviews)

Cons

1. "Strong player in the programmatic space"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Redwood City, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Redwood City, CA (US)

I worked at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I learned a ton about the programmatic space working at PubMatic. Given the industry it is in, there is a lot of new technology continuously being developed - PubMatic is consistently ahead of the game when it comes to innovation. The rapidly growing technology in this space requires employees to be self motivators - the company highly rewards those that work hard. That being said, there are so many smart individuals that are willing to sit down and help you get up to speed if you have any questions.

Using PubMatic as a name got me a lot of meetings. The company is very well regarded in the space, especially the CEO Rajeev. As long as you know the platform well and can explain why it is a good fit for the company you are speaking with, it is not a hard sell. The internal sales team works very hard to support you and keep your clients happy once you get a deal across the line.

Cons

Morale is pretty low at the moment. The commute was not pleasant, being someone that lived in the city.

Advice to Management

Figure out a way to help out morale and invest in a San Francisco commuter bus.

2. "Great Place"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Singapore (Singapore)

Pros

Great environment, people and technology..!

Cons

Tech growing at a faster pace than business

Advice to Management

Be easy on employee...focus on the evolving situation...

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Redwood City, CA (US)

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Very well known in the industry
    - Fast growing. Went from roughly 300 to 600 employees in 2014. Looking to grow to roughly 800 employees by 2016.
    - Huge investment in employees. Continual HR polls asking employees for feedback on what they can do better.
    - Brilliant/incredibly smart team to work with. A lot of people actually leave places like Google to come here, because they feel the opportunity is stronger.
    - Thorough training for new employees
    - Very appealing compensation packages
    - Great benefits (unlimited vacation days!, fully stocked kitchen, catered meals brought in every Monday and Thursday)
    - Huge opportunity for personal growth
    - People who work here love working here. They work hard, but don't work ridiculous office hours.
    - Strong camaraderie within the office. People actually eat lunch together in the cafeteria, they don't bring lunch back to their desks and continue working.
    - The CEO is extremely approachable. He actually found me on my first day, addressed me by name, and welcomed me to the company.
    - Senior management is very open to receiving feedback from employees, and they actually will implement a lot of the recommendations.
    - Very future driven. As a sales rep, I feel we have a huge leg up in the industry by continually being first to market with new products.

Cons

If you live in San Francisco, the commute down the peninsula can be draining. However, the office is in walking distance to Caltrain.

Advice to Management

Open an additional office in San Francisco

"Friendly people, lots to learn and room to grow in fast pace environment"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Redwood City, CA (US)

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company values it's employees as well as it's customers, people are extremely friendly, lunch brought in 2x/week, great microkitchen snacks, occasional happy hours and team outings. In a field where there is so much to learn and plenty of growth opportunities. Great health benefits and close to caltrain. Looking for SF sales location.

Cons

Still much like a start up and could have better communication, can be difficult to navigate operations and engineering.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people, more support roles, more company outings to develop cohesive environment, more peer recognition and monetary rewards.

"Great product and clients...horrible management and processes"

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun industry, great technology and great clients

Cons

Horrible management team, disorganized and inefficient business practices