Pubmatic Account Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Account Manager

3.8
Rajeev Goel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • GOOD LEADERSHIP, work life balance opportunity, supportive HR (in 14 reviews)

• Great Work culture, supportive managers (At least in the team I work into) less restrictions (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • They follow hire and fire policy (in 19 reviews)

• Continuous tight deadlines will make sure you have a difficult work/life balance (in 13 reviews)

"Super cool work environment"

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So I was a little sceptical before accepting the role at PubMatic, because of the reviews on Glassdoor, but my experience with the Recruiter and the people I met in the office was very positive.
    5 months later - I don't regret it at all. Actually the best place I've worked so far. I feel motivated to challenge myself and enjoy coming to work every day.
    Don't let negative comments put you off - judge it by the people, not anonymous comments on here.
    other benefits include:
    Catered lunch 2x a week which is great
    lots of snacks provided
    relaxed environment in the office
    great compensation

Cons

As an American company my team reports in the states. It would be nice to get more time with our US counter parts and the senior leadership team.

Advice to Management

same as my only con, would be nice to meet other people in the team in diff offices

"Highly progressive company at the very forefront of advertising technology"

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

During my time here I have met and worked with some truly great people, more so than any other company I've worked for. The team is passionate and ambitious with inspirational leadership at all levels and lots of highly intelligent colleagues to learn from. This has enabled me to develop rapidly and within a short space of time. As PubMatic provides sophisticated and pioneering solutions, there are always plenty of opportunities to work with top clients, develop invaluable new skills and be involved in innovative new ideas and projects.

Cons

The company is growing at a staggering rate and so runs the risk of losing some of its character as it becomes more corporate. In order to be noticed you must be prepared to work especially hard and so very occasionally work/life balance can be a slight issue, though the work itself is always interesting, engaging and rewarding.

3. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Pune (India)

I worked at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work atmosphere. Learning and opportunities

Cons

Bad Senior Management. Some absolutely good-for-nothing blokes would always get favored.

Advice to Management

Strategies and technology are fine but invest in right people

"Biased culture and limited growth opportunities"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Pune (India)

I worked at Pubmatic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Get to learn new technologies
    Work with intl teams
    If you are lucky you can get premium clients to work with

Cons

Biased culture and depends more on how you show off your work
    If you work hard be ready to get more work
    Efforts are not recognised by higher management
    Contributions to company don't really matter
    Work life balance doesn't exist here

Advice to Management

People are assets and treat them well

"The Best Three Years of My Employed Life"

Former Employee - Technical Account Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Technical Account Manager in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Pubmatic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The time that I spent at PubMatic was truly the most enriching and memorable years of my professional life. PubMatic allowed me to grow and build so many parts of the company, and myself, to the extent that I do not think I could have had that level of experience in any other company.

I was able to travel the world, learn foreign markets, strengthen my technical acumen, develop business relationships, and make life long friendships.

To anybody that wants be inserted into a company with enterprise technology, awesome staff, and the ability to choose their own adventure. Then this is the company for you.

Cons

Do no expect PubMatic to hand you growth, you will need to plan your own development, and execute that plan. Execution will involve the physical tasks and politics that there in.

Advice to Management

Don't be so blind sided.

"Brilliant people, great benefits!"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Catered lunches 2x a week, plenty of healthy snacks, great benefits, competitive pay, as much PTO as you want (14 day increments). Excellent people to spend your days working alongside!

Cons

No stable product, frustrating for BD, Account Execs, and Account Managers to keep vouching for a product that doesn't deliver as well or yield as much as the competition. Entire Ops and Engineering team based in India and makes it hard to resolve issues. Technical teams have no call to action and aren't focused on next steps at hand towards issue resolution. Also very little room for career growth. Employees could be stellar at their jobs yet those that get promoted are likely priviledged via connections

Advice to Management

Promote from within and change the current "curb method" for figuring if an employee is up for a promotion. With a flailing product, employee retention will continue to be an issue if you don't start recognizing the accomplishments of those who have to vouch for the product to angry pubs on a daily basis.

"Will learn a lot but a mess of a company"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Redwood City, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Redwood City, CA (US)

I worked at Pubmatic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very smart, well educated people when it comes to ad tech - you will learn a lot about ad tech here
    Fun coworkers who you will become good friends with
    Great support team based in India who work EST and sometimes PST hours
    Well designed open office
    Great snacks

Cons

Lower than avg pay (seriously, it's a joke)
    No catered lunch atypical for a startup
    Long commute if you live in SF or East Bay (based in Berkeley)
    Not much of a work/life balance unless you have small accounts
    Constant revolving door of people

People come and go and PubMatic and there's A LOT of turnover. The CEO is a nice guy but doesn't seem too concerned with employee retention. The work is either intense and stressful (if you're on the big accounts) or tedious and boring (if on the smaller accounts). The office is not near the Caltrain station so it's a bit of a walk (about 12 min walk) which was a painpoint.

Rubicon and other SSPs are eclipsing PubMatic so I wonder what will happen to this company.

Advice to Management

Get an office in SF
    Really take care to retain talent, you have hemorrhaged many talented people with people often staying for a year or less.

9. "One of the best place to work"

Current Employee - Publisher Account Manager
    Current Employee - Publisher Account Manager

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very flexible and open work environment. Everyday is challenging and new. You are paid well and more importantly a growing organisation with promising future. A great bonding and trust between the employees.

Cons

Night-Shift though new shift timings are coming soon as company is expanding in new geos.

Advice to Management

Please don't spoil the sense of belonging by binding too many rules and regulations.