Pubmatic Customer Success Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Customer Success Manager

2.7
Rajeev Goel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • GOOD LEADERSHIP, work life balance opportunity, supportive HR (in 14 reviews)

• Great Work culture, supportive managers (At least in the team I work into) less restrictions (in 13 reviews)

Cons

1. "Great team and great place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Energizing place to work with great colleagues and great leadership.
    Free lunch, free snacks, good career ops
    Definitely the best place I have worked.
    Good career opportunities and training
    Great office location!

Cons

A lot of leadership is on the West Coast and NY has been very light on mature leaders (Just the CMO who is amazing!) however, it does seem this is now being addressed with a several new Senior hires in NY and more international visits.

Advice to Management

401K matching please and keep the focus on the cultural changes we have all noticed the improvements.

"Stay Far Away"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unlimited Vacay, Free Lunch

Cons

I have been at PubMatic for a few years and unfortunately the negative reviews on here are not only true, but they do not describe how terrible the culture really is. I have stayed hoping it to change, but it is unlikely. People who do absolutely nothing, they don't send emails, go on meetings or manage biz well are left alone while others who work hard are fired for speaking their minds. Its a culture of yes men, the CEO promotes and hires people who have no experience and expects more experienced people who report into those people to shut up while they are talked down to and made to feel inferior. Attrition has been steady for over two years with people cycling in and out of the NYC office. Now with what is happening with upper level management, they are trying to put the blame on one person when in fact it is the CEO. It starts with him. HR is clueless and just placates upper management, there is no support for employees. Good people who join the company are either fired or inaundated with work so they quit within months. It's sad because people don't realize what they are walking into and when they do, it's too late.

Advice to Management

Lead by example, have diversity in hiring for more senior roles, stop with the buddy, buddy culture and hire people who are actually experience and not just your friend. Act in a congruent way that matches with your mission and supposed cultural values. It shouldn't just be talking points but never put in place.

Pubmatic Response

11 Sep 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. The leadership have made a number of changes over the past 12 months and recently hired some great new managers so this is obviously... More

"Customer Success Review"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PubMatic's NY office offers a fun outing or event each month, in addition to free lunches on Mondays and Thursdays, random happy hours in the office, a summer outing, and a holiday party. The office has a ping pong table and a wellness room.

There is a lot to learn in regard to programmatic tech if you like, and their Pub University features hundreds of training and tech videos/presentations for you to peruse as you like.

You can also get promoted without doing a really great job or having management skills just so you'll stick around.

Cons

The communication between teams is not great, despite some awesome weekly training sessions. The CSM team is stifled and not able to service customers as other departments handle a lot of issues such as tech and troubleshooting, reporting requests, and overall demand issues. The clients are typically great but what you can do for them is severely limited and really relies on their inventory and the whims of various DSPs and exchanges.

The NY office is an odd atmosphere and didn't feel open or friendly. Feels cliquish and HR doesn't do much to change it, only add to the isolating feel.

Advice to Management

Doing a decent job at management level. Be more transparent and share plans of action, deadlines, and morale boosters. Main issue is the demand team; what are they doing? How can they make recommendations to the pub teams to push growth and PMP?

Pubmatic Response

11 Sep 2017 – Snr. Director of Talent

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We have made recent changes to improve the NY office and so far the feedback has been positive. Any further suggestions are very welcome I... More