Pubmatic Customer Success Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Customer Success Manager

4.2
Rajeev Goel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • GOOD LEADERSHIP, work life balance opportunity, supportive HR (in 14 reviews)

• Great Work culture, supportive managers (At least in the team I work into) less restrictions (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • They follow hire and fire policy (in 19 reviews)

• Continuous tight deadlines will make sure you have a difficult work/life balance (in 13 reviews)

1. "Challenging and Fulfilling work in an ever changing industry"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Redwood City, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Redwood City, CA (US)

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Transparent culture from top to bottom. The company has tried very hard to define roles for employees while giving everyone ample opportunity to grow their careers. You are encourage to challenge yourself and managers challenge you. If we something that is wrong or inefficient, we are empowered to come up with a solution and implement it.

The industry has evolved and for the most part we've stayed ahead or at pace. That's important because we are able to maintain relevancy to our clients

Cons

Regional offices makes cross functional communication challenging sometimes. We often take on too much vs focusing on a few things.

Advice to Management

Keep up the focus on employee culture. Make sure that we don't get too diffused in company focus

2. "Great team and great place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Energizing place to work with great colleagues and great leadership.
    Free lunch, free snacks, good career ops
    Definitely the best place I have worked.
    Good career opportunities and training
    Great office location!

Cons

A lot of leadership is on the West Coast and NY has been very light on mature leaders (Just the CMO who is amazing!) however, it does seem this is now being addressed with a several new Senior hires in NY and more international visits.

Advice to Management

401K matching please and keep the focus on the cultural changes we have all noticed the improvements.

"Customer Success Review"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PubMatic's NY office offers a fun outing or event each month, in addition to free lunches on Mondays and Thursdays, random happy hours in the office, a summer outing, and a holiday party. The office has a ping pong table and a wellness room.

There is a lot to learn in regard to programmatic tech if you like, and their Pub University features hundreds of training and tech videos/presentations for you to peruse as you like.

You can also get promoted without doing a really great job or having management skills just so you'll stick around.

Cons

The communication between teams is not great, despite some awesome weekly training sessions. The CSM team is stifled and not able to service customers as other departments handle a lot of issues such as tech and troubleshooting, reporting requests, and overall demand issues. The clients are typically great but what you can do for them is severely limited and really relies on their inventory and the whims of various DSPs and exchanges.

The NY office is an odd atmosphere and didn't feel open or friendly. Feels cliquish and HR doesn't do much to change it, only add to the isolating feel.

Advice to Management

Doing a decent job at management level. Be more transparent and share plans of action, deadlines, and morale boosters. Main issue is the demand team; what are they doing? How can they make recommendations to the pub teams to push growth and PMP?

Pubmatic Response

11 Sep 2017 – Snr. Director of Talent

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We have made recent changes to improve the NY office and so far the feedback has been positive. Any further suggestions are very welcome I... More