Pubmatic Product Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Product Manager

4.8
Rajeev Goel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • GOOD LEADERSHIP, work life balance opportunity, supportive HR (in 14 reviews)

• Great Work culture, supportive managers (At least in the team I work into) less restrictions (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • They follow hire and fire policy (in 19 reviews)

• Continuous tight deadlines will make sure you have a difficult work/life balance (in 13 reviews)

1. "Getting better all the time"

Current Employee - Product Manager
    Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company continues to innovate and has simultaneously increased focused on improving employee growth and culture. There is more publicly shared employee recognition and people being supportive of one another. It's really paid off. Additionally, I've witnessed a real noticeable improvement in hiring higher quality people. The recent hires have been great. Many more fun office activities are going on.

Also, Senior Management has focused much more on being transparent about our performance during our 'All Hands' meetings. This transparency really helps go a long way to make everyone understand not only our great results but also the vision and how we're all contributing to bring value and innovation to our customers.

Cons

This space moves fast and change is constant. You need to be able to roll with it and realize that the fast pace is the norm. If you're not looking to make a difference then this isn't the place for you. People who work hard get recognized and rewarded. There are tons of opportunities to learn, contribute and make a difference but you need to bring your 'A' game!

"Foul culture, high attrition, no direction or leadership; trust glassdoor"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Pune (India)

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Flexible office timings
    2. Hygiene factors : working laptops, parking is fine, dress code is relaxed
    3. Industry is growing fast, company has grown fast right along with it
    4. Most people are fairly nice to talk to

Cons

1. Complete lack of direction from senior management
    2. Product management in India is really just project management, continue here if you want to end your product management career
    3. Culture of finger pointing and blame games, no trust between engineering and product. After every major release bunch of people are fired
    4. Constant attrition ensures nobody is ever sure of relying on anyone
    5. Very poor communication between India and US offices, Indian employees are seen as the roadblock to company's success by the US employees
    6. The usual challenges with US-India offices, late night calls mean that on weekdays you are always working, no work-life balance

Advice to Management

Figure out what the actual culture is and then fix it