Pubmatic Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Pubmatic Reviews

Updated 19 October 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • GOOD LEADERSHIP, work life balance opportunity, supportive HR (in 14 reviews)

• Great Work culture, supportive managers (At least in the team I work into) less restrictions (in 13 reviews)

"Long honest review"

I worked at Pubmatic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everybody knows that this company is not the best to work for. Though, I work in PubMatic long enough to know also that the bad reviews written here, without argumenting anything, are not reliable as well as the extremely positive ones.

Let's be fair.

PubMatic have many pros:
    - it is a known tech company, and working here means getting exposed to latest technologies, key contacts in the market, industry updates and trend, with consistent inputs upcoming from everywhere every day. Presence at industry events, conferences, round table. Learning is certainly not missing.

- there is a lot of flexibility, you can work from home, no strickt working hours, as long as there is no productivity lack. Everyone manages his time without mandatory strickt rules and flexibility is always encouraged.

- PubMatic is global and allow you to have international breath. It is true that at the moment internal travels across offices are freezed, but events and client meetings abroad are possible.

Cons

Let's make a distinction here:

There are cons for the entire organization, and cons different from office to office.

Cons valid everywhere are mainly related to the reaction the business is having to the current bad company trend.

No more training travels, no more open positions.
    The employees are overloaded.
    Ticket system and escalation systems simply don't work and tickets are not picked up for weeks and weeks.

Working across 6 time zones, 8 countries, 8 different cultures, is challenging. The most challenging part is the relationship with all the backend functions. Usually companies outsource those functions but in PubMatic they are internal, have their own KPIs and have power to impact the in market teams and their targets. This makes difficult to work properly as the company struggle to be competitive in the market. Operations have long and long and slow process to do everything, people in those teams are demotivated and not partecipating. Take it or leave it. You report client complains, and wait for the process to be complete. You get frustrated but it is not the end of the world and at the end it is not your company.

Different is the case if you ask about the culture.

PubMatic have offices in US and India, in London, Germany, France, Italy, Stockholm etc etc...

The culture in the company is different according to the office, because the culture is not corporate, is defined by senior and middle management and it s local.

If you talk with the emplyees in Germany they would tell you that the culture is amazing, because the German country manager is considered one of the best managers to work for. This is a win.

If you talk with the employees in India, especially in Operations, they would tell you that PubMatic is the worst company they have been working for. That's because the management is hated. This is a loss.

If you talk to the employees in London you would get positive review from those reporting into the UK country manager who is highly respected and loved, while the others reporting into other leaders would tell you the opposite because those leaders are hated in the office. Simple as that.

Not the best company to work for. Not the worst. Just a corporate company, with some bad managers, in a fab industry, in a bad moment.

2. "General overview"

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time

Pros

Nice team, great place to develop leadership

Cons

Workload, it can be overloaded

"Bad culture across offices"

Pros

Good people and free lunch twice a week

Cons

Disorganized environment and extremely challenging communications with Indian offices. People demotivated and stacked with no promotions and rewards.

Tens of people leaving especially in the indian office. Would not recommend at all and nobody does anything to improve.

Pubmatic Response

11 Oct 2016 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for providing your feedback. We are working hard to address the issues mentioned and have recently moved a number of our Indian operations staff in-market to resolve the communication... More

"Super cool work environment"

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So I was a little sceptical before accepting the role at PubMatic, because of the reviews on Glassdoor, but my experience with the Recruiter and the people I met in the office was very positive.
    5 months later - I don't regret it at all. Actually the best place I've worked so far. I feel motivated to challenge myself and enjoy coming to work every day.
    Don't let negative comments put you off - judge it by the people, not anonymous comments on here.
    other benefits include:
    Catered lunch 2x a week which is great
    lots of snacks provided
    relaxed environment in the office
    great compensation

Cons

As an American company my team reports in the states. It would be nice to get more time with our US counter parts and the senior leadership team.

Advice to Management

same as my only con, would be nice to meet other people in the team in diff offices

"Amazing company with fantastic people"

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been here just over a year now and can honestly say I love it. The leadership team are working hard to make PubMatic a great place to work and it feels as though everyone that I interact with (HR, EMEA leadership and APAC Leadership) believe in the company and actually care about the staff.

Fantastic people that love the company, great benefits, a market leading product, ability to travel, food (Lunches and snacks etc), global opportunities, great pay and bonus that so far have been hit each quarter, freedom and autonomy to do your job, being surrounded by smart passionate people that believe in the product and work well as team, open Managers that welcome suggestions and input. The list goes on!

There is a huge amount to learn and my first year at PubMatic has been great fun, but also put me in a position to further my career very quickly if I do decide to move on.

Cons

With Head offices in the US and growth in APAC its not a 9-5 job. You need to be prepared to work hard, but if you do you will be rewarded.

Advice to Management

Improved stock schemes to keep people and find ways to keep your superstars - they are worth paying for. We would like to see more of the SLT - plenty of Video calls is great, but it would be nice to see them face to face more often (appreciate with 10+ global offices now it's not easy!)

"Great people and Culture + great pay"

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

tasty lunch twice a week, fully stocked kitchen and fridge, nice people, flexible work environment, people work hard and make sure they have fun too. Smart colleagues who want to win and love PubMatic.
    Company is growing fast and is hiring in every team -we now need to move to a new office!

Cons

can't think of any cons at the moment apart from having more team building fun activities.

Advice to Management

Please make sure transparency stays the same no matter how much we grow - really makes you feel proud to work for PubMatic when you understand how the business is performing!!

"Fast Growth Company Finding Its Feet"

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a very transparent policy on sharing information with staff, showing the direction of the business and takes great efforts to ensure that its employees have a say in the way things are being constructed. The leadership team is inclusive and approachable. The company is in a market which has the potential for explosive growth, and has a clear position in the market. It is a very exciting position to be involved in.

Cons

The company has grown rapidly and with that has come teething troubles, although most recently it appears that frameworks to address this are being put in place. They now need to put that into practice. The culture of the business is under-developed, but with lots of new people joining almost on a weekly basis, this should evolve.

Advice to Management

Listen to your teams, engage with your employees and act in their best interests.

"Highly progressive company at the very forefront of advertising technology"

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

During my time here I have met and worked with some truly great people, more so than any other company I've worked for. The team is passionate and ambitious with inspirational leadership at all levels and lots of highly intelligent colleagues to learn from. This has enabled me to develop rapidly and within a short space of time. As PubMatic provides sophisticated and pioneering solutions, there are always plenty of opportunities to work with top clients, develop invaluable new skills and be involved in innovative new ideas and projects.

Cons

The company is growing at a staggering rate and so runs the risk of losing some of its character as it becomes more corporate. In order to be noticed you must be prepared to work especially hard and so very occasionally work/life balance can be a slight issue, though the work itself is always interesting, engaging and rewarding.

"WTF is this company doing?"

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Has such potential but it's hamstrung by executive level toxicity which cascades downwards and ensures good people end up leaving, totally disenfranchised.

Cons

Culture is horrendous - there is no team spirit, it's all about alpha BS, people taking credit for anything good that had nothing to do with them, and passing blame to others when things go wrong. The politics are multi-layered and make your head spin. The working environment is pressurized and extremely negative and there is little respect for the junior members of the offices. This seems to be true in all local offices which again tells you the negativity is born from the top.
    Their values are purported to be about leadership, integrity, teamwork, and bias towards action - it is quite literally the total opposite - teamwork is discouraged, problem solving doesn't happen, mistakes are hidden and left to breed further technical screw ups, exec team do NOT know how to lead (by example or otherwise), and integrity? Give me a break.

Advice to Management

Narcissism will be the ruination of this company. Wake up before you lose every single person who joined the company to make things better and live those values along with you.

"Exciting, challenging & fun place to work!"

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a great sense of teamwork across all PubMatic offices. There is always someone who can help or point you in the right direction. There is a huge focus and effort around us being the best in the industry! We take pride in delivering the best technology and customer service to every one of our clients.

The company is filled with a large number of industry, product and technology experts who are looking at ways of sharing their knowledge across the business. PubMatic's Training and Development team have just launched a new and exciting learning tool for all employees to access. Knowledge & innovation is at the heart of our development.

The UK Leadership Team are extremely approachable and there is very much an open door policy! I have worked for some great and horrendous companies in the past and I would definitely consider PubMatic to be one of my favourite places to work. PubMatic is at an exciting point in it's growth and I can't wait to be part of its success.

Cons

HQ processes and procedures need to be localised as our Non US operations grow bigger and bigger!

Advice to Management

Find more ways of spending dedicated time with your global teams. The time you spend with them is invaluable and can go a long way to making your them feel appreciated and that their voices are heard!