Pubmatic Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Pubmatic Reviews

Updated 1 December 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • GOOD LEADERSHIP, work life balance opportunity, supportive HR (in 14 reviews)

• Great Work culture, supportive managers (At least in the team I work into) less restrictions (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • They follow hire and fire policy (in 19 reviews)

• Continuous tight deadlines will make sure you have a difficult work/life balance (in 13 reviews)

"inflexion point"

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Used to have a really good team ethos, good idea of where the industry is going and is prepared to invest in getting there

Cons

the recent and well publicized layoffs have had a huge impact and rumour has it that in the paperwork to those departing the company there is a clause banning critical postings on sites such as this one. I wonder why they put that in there...

Tech isn't as strong as it could be, politics are out of control

Advice to Management

Stop the revolving door in product and fix the very manual back end. There are some smart people across the business that remain who need empowering

2. "My time with PubMatic"

Former Employee - Varied in London, England
    Former Employee - Varied in London, England

Pros

I launched the UK office of PubMatic (and Europe with the then VP) and served with them for a little under four years.

The Pro's of PubMatic, like most businesses, are the people. It doesn't really matter what brand people work for as long as there is commonality of thought and purpose. We had a cracking team and as far as I know very little has changed since I've left. The same people, generally, are there and they are a tight team that battles to win everything they set their mind to. As a satellite office it is self-managing with very little day-to-day interference/input from HQ which is exceptionally refreshing in the adtech sector.

As a European business I suggest PubMatic is one people should aspire to work for. Not because it is holistic this, or proprietary that, but because it is a progressive business in a very busy industry that will allow motivated, smart, stubborn and focussed people to grow and make some real changes in industry as a person, not an employee number, a lot more than if they'd simply picked a "big-name" to work for, I suggest.

As with all companies you get out what you put in, PubMatic is one of those companies. Sit back and your ride will be as bumpy as you'd expect; give it a good crack and you will do well here.

Would I work there again based on what I know now; yes.

Cons

This really depends on what type of person you are as nothing is the same for everyone.

PubMatic is in a constant state of growth, development, change and restructure as such there are changes (some big...some small) and with all growth there comes pains, so prepare for them as they're there. Realise what you're trying to achieve and the pains are quite bearable and certainly not unique to PubMatic.

There are no real unique "cons" about working at PubMatic that you'd not get anywhere else so there's little point in going through them; I'm not perfect neither are they.

Advice to Management

Nope.

"Long honest review"

I worked at Pubmatic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everybody knows that this company is not the best to work for. Though, I work in PubMatic long enough to know also that the bad reviews written here, without argumenting anything, are not reliable as well as the extremely positive ones.

Let's be fair.

PubMatic have many pros:
    - it is a known tech company, and working here means getting exposed to latest technologies, key contacts in the market, industry updates and trend, with consistent inputs upcoming from everywhere every day. Presence at industry events, conferences, round table. Learning is certainly not missing.

- there is a lot of flexibility, you can work from home, no strickt working hours, as long as there is no productivity lack. Everyone manages his time without mandatory strickt rules and flexibility is always encouraged.

- PubMatic is global and allow you to have international breath. It is true that at the moment internal travels across offices are freezed, but events and client meetings abroad are possible.

Cons

Let's make a distinction here:

There are cons for the entire organization, and cons different from office to office.

Cons valid everywhere are mainly related to the reaction the business is having to the current bad company trend.

No more training travels, no more open positions.
    The employees are overloaded.
    Ticket system and escalation systems simply don't work and tickets are not picked up for weeks and weeks.

Working across 6 time zones, 8 countries, 8 different cultures, is challenging. The most challenging part is the relationship with all the backend functions. Usually companies outsource those functions but in PubMatic they are internal, have their own KPIs and have power to impact the in market teams and their targets. This makes difficult to work properly as the company struggle to be competitive in the market. Operations have long and long and slow process to do everything, people in those teams are demotivated and not partecipating. Take it or leave it. You report client complains, and wait for the process to be complete. You get frustrated but it is not the end of the world and at the end it is not your company.

Different is the case if you ask about the culture.

PubMatic have offices in US and India, in London, Germany, France, Italy, Stockholm etc etc...

The culture in the company is different according to the office, because the culture is not corporate, is defined by senior and middle management and it s local.

If you talk with the emplyees in Germany they would tell you that the culture is amazing, because the German country manager is considered one of the best managers to work for. This is a win.

If you talk with the employees in India, especially in Operations, they would tell you that PubMatic is the worst company they have been working for. That's because the management is hated. This is a loss.

If you talk to the employees in London you would get positive review from those reporting into the UK country manager who is highly respected and loved, while the others reporting into other leaders would tell you the opposite because those leaders are hated in the office. Simple as that.

Not the best company to work for. Not the worst. Just a corporate company, with some bad managers, in a fab industry, in a bad moment.

5. "General overview"

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time

Pros

Nice team, great place to develop leadership

Cons

Workload, it can be overloaded

"Bad culture across offices"

Pros

Good people and free lunch twice a week

Cons

Disorganized environment and extremely challenging communications with Indian offices. People demotivated and stacked with no promotions and rewards.

Tens of people leaving especially in the indian office. Would not recommend at all and nobody does anything to improve.

Pubmatic Response

11 Oct 2016 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for providing your feedback. We are working hard to address the issues mentioned and have recently moved a number of our Indian operations staff in-market to resolve the communication... More

"Super cool work environment"

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So I was a little sceptical before accepting the role at PubMatic, because of the reviews on Glassdoor, but my experience with the Recruiter and the people I met in the office was very positive.
    5 months later - I don't regret it at all. Actually the best place I've worked so far. I feel motivated to challenge myself and enjoy coming to work every day.
    Don't let negative comments put you off - judge it by the people, not anonymous comments on here.
    other benefits include:
    Catered lunch 2x a week which is great
    lots of snacks provided
    relaxed environment in the office
    great compensation

Cons

As an American company my team reports in the states. It would be nice to get more time with our US counter parts and the senior leadership team.

Advice to Management

same as my only con, would be nice to meet other people in the team in diff offices

"Great people and Culture + great pay"

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

tasty lunch twice a week, fully stocked kitchen and fridge, nice people, flexible work environment, people work hard and make sure they have fun too. Smart colleagues who want to win and love PubMatic.
    Company is growing fast and is hiring in every team -we now need to move to a new office!

Cons

can't think of any cons at the moment apart from having more team building fun activities.

Advice to Management

Please make sure transparency stays the same no matter how much we grow - really makes you feel proud to work for PubMatic when you understand how the business is performing!!

"Fast Growth Company Finding Its Feet"

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a very transparent policy on sharing information with staff, showing the direction of the business and takes great efforts to ensure that its employees have a say in the way things are being constructed. The leadership team is inclusive and approachable. The company is in a market which has the potential for explosive growth, and has a clear position in the market. It is a very exciting position to be involved in.

Cons

The company has grown rapidly and with that has come teething troubles, although most recently it appears that frameworks to address this are being put in place. They now need to put that into practice. The culture of the business is under-developed, but with lots of new people joining almost on a weekly basis, this should evolve.

Advice to Management

Listen to your teams, engage with your employees and act in their best interests.

"Highly progressive company at the very forefront of advertising technology"

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

During my time here I have met and worked with some truly great people, more so than any other company I've worked for. The team is passionate and ambitious with inspirational leadership at all levels and lots of highly intelligent colleagues to learn from. This has enabled me to develop rapidly and within a short space of time. As PubMatic provides sophisticated and pioneering solutions, there are always plenty of opportunities to work with top clients, develop invaluable new skills and be involved in innovative new ideas and projects.

Cons

The company is growing at a staggering rate and so runs the risk of losing some of its character as it becomes more corporate. In order to be noticed you must be prepared to work especially hard and so very occasionally work/life balance can be a slight issue, though the work itself is always interesting, engaging and rewarding.

"WTF is this company doing?"

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Has such potential but it's hamstrung by executive level toxicity which cascades downwards and ensures good people end up leaving, totally disenfranchised.

Cons

Culture is horrendous - there is no team spirit, it's all about alpha BS, people taking credit for anything good that had nothing to do with them, and passing blame to others when things go wrong. The politics are multi-layered and make your head spin. The working environment is pressurized and extremely negative and there is little respect for the junior members of the offices. This seems to be true in all local offices which again tells you the negativity is born from the top.
    Their values are purported to be about leadership, integrity, teamwork, and bias towards action - it is quite literally the total opposite - teamwork is discouraged, problem solving doesn't happen, mistakes are hidden and left to breed further technical screw ups, exec team do NOT know how to lead (by example or otherwise), and integrity? Give me a break.

Advice to Management

Narcissism will be the ruination of this company. Wake up before you lose every single person who joined the company to make things better and live those values along with you.