Pubmatic Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Pubmatic Reviews

Updated 18 July 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good work life balance and flexible working options" (in 15 reviews)

• "Great Work culture, supportive managers (At least in the team I work into) less restrictions" (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "They follow hire and fire policy" (in 19 reviews)

• "Continuous tight deadlines will make sure you have a difficult work/life balance" (in 15 reviews)

"Great people and Culture + great pay"

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

tasty lunch twice a week, fully stocked kitchen and fridge, nice people, flexible work environment, people work hard and make sure they have fun too. Smart colleagues who want to win and love PubMatic.
    Company is growing fast and is hiring in every team -we now need to move to a new office!

Cons

can't think of any cons at the moment apart from having more team building fun activities.

Advice to Management

Please make sure transparency stays the same no matter how much we grow - really makes you feel proud to work for PubMatic when you understand how the business is performing!!

"Fast Growth Company Finding Its Feet"

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a very transparent policy on sharing information with staff, showing the direction of the business and takes great efforts to ensure that its employees have a say in the way things are being constructed. The leadership team is inclusive and approachable. The company is in a market which has the potential for explosive growth, and has a clear position in the market. It is a very exciting position to be involved in.

Cons

The company has grown rapidly and with that has come teething troubles, although most recently it appears that frameworks to address this are being put in place. They now need to put that into practice. The culture of the business is under-developed, but with lots of new people joining almost on a weekly basis, this should evolve.

Advice to Management

Listen to your teams, engage with your employees and act in their best interests.

"Highly progressive company at the very forefront of advertising technology"

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

During my time here I have met and worked with some truly great people, more so than any other company I've worked for. The team is passionate and ambitious with inspirational leadership at all levels and lots of highly intelligent colleagues to learn from. This has enabled me to develop rapidly and within a short space of time. As PubMatic provides sophisticated and pioneering solutions, there are always plenty of opportunities to work with top clients, develop invaluable new skills and be involved in innovative new ideas and projects.

Cons

The company is growing at a staggering rate and so runs the risk of losing some of its character as it becomes more corporate. In order to be noticed you must be prepared to work especially hard and so very occasionally work/life balance can be a slight issue, though the work itself is always interesting, engaging and rewarding.

"WTF is this company doing?"

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Has such potential but it's hamstrung by executive level toxicity which cascades downwards and ensures good people end up leaving, totally disenfranchised.

Cons

Culture is horrendous - there is no team spirit, it's all about alpha BS, people taking credit for anything good that had nothing to do with them, and passing blame to others when things go wrong. The politics are multi-layered and make your head spin. The working environment is pressurized and extremely negative and there is little respect for the junior members of the offices. This seems to be true in all local offices which again tells you the negativity is born from the top.
    Their values are purported to be about leadership, integrity, teamwork, and bias towards action - it is quite literally the total opposite - teamwork is discouraged, problem solving doesn't happen, mistakes are hidden and left to breed further technical screw ups, exec team do NOT know how to lead (by example or otherwise), and integrity? Give me a break.

Advice to Management

Narcissism will be the ruination of this company. Wake up before you lose every single person who joined the company to make things better and live those values along with you.

"Exciting, challenging & fun place to work!"

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a great sense of teamwork across all PubMatic offices. There is always someone who can help or point you in the right direction. There is a huge focus and effort around us being the best in the industry! We take pride in delivering the best technology and customer service to every one of our clients.

The company is filled with a large number of industry, product and technology experts who are looking at ways of sharing their knowledge across the business. PubMatic's Training and Development team have just launched a new and exciting learning tool for all employees to access. Knowledge & innovation is at the heart of our development.

The UK Leadership Team are extremely approachable and there is very much an open door policy! I have worked for some great and horrendous companies in the past and I would definitely consider PubMatic to be one of my favourite places to work. PubMatic is at an exciting point in it's growth and I can't wait to be part of its success.

Cons

HQ processes and procedures need to be localised as our Non US operations grow bigger and bigger!

Advice to Management

Find more ways of spending dedicated time with your global teams. The time you spend with them is invaluable and can go a long way to making your them feel appreciated and that their voices are heard!

6. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Pune (India)

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Many efforts made by HR to improve work culture.
    Free online courses are provided to employees.
    Positive environment to improve your skills.
    Regular team outings budgets allocated for each employee.
    Regular one on one meetings with your direct manager.

Cons

Lesser space available for sports activities.

7. "Worth working"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Open culture, new idea implementation

Cons

Nothing to say as of now

Advice to Management

All well

8. "Great Company to work with!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Management always asks for and addresses employee concerns. Great technology and great people to work with! High visibility in the work you do. CEO makes it a point to talk to employees and knows exactly the work they do! Lot of focus on employee development and trainings. Good work culture. You just need to focus on your work and ensure quality work is delivered...recognition, growth will automatically come your way...

Cons

Rather than set policies and processes, they go by practice. Formal policies should be in place, which will give clarity to employees and managers and standardize the processes.

9. "Customer Success"

Pros

Great opportunity to learn

Cons

- No wfh policy
    - leadership is on the west coast only

10. "Account Management - Operations Team"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Pune (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Pune (India)

I worked at Pubmatic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun people to work with.
    Decent facilities offered to employees
    Good Work is appreciated

Cons

Slacky Management
    A couple of managers are biased
    Limited salary hike to top performers
    Co-workers still have the BPO/KPO mindset which flourishes in this ecosystem
    Long timers believe that they are the owners

Advice to Management

Stop the hire-fire policy
    Have concrete plans in place

Decent place to acquire the skill set and move to greener pastures outside