Pubmatic Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Pubmatic Reviews

Updated 14 December 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • GOOD LEADERSHIP, work life balance opportunity, supportive HR (in 14 reviews)

• Great Work culture, supportive managers (At least in the team I work into) less restrictions (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • They follow hire and fire policy (in 19 reviews)

• Continuous tight deadlines will make sure you have a difficult work/life balance (in 13 reviews)

"WTF is this company doing?"

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Has such potential but it's hamstrung by executive level toxicity which cascades downwards and ensures good people end up leaving, totally disenfranchised.

Cons

Culture is horrendous - there is no team spirit, it's all about alpha BS, people taking credit for anything good that had nothing to do with them, and passing blame to others when things go wrong. The politics are multi-layered and make your head spin. The working environment is pressurized and extremely negative and there is little respect for the junior members of the offices. This seems to be true in all local offices which again tells you the negativity is born from the top.
    Their values are purported to be about leadership, integrity, teamwork, and bias towards action - it is quite literally the total opposite - teamwork is discouraged, problem solving doesn't happen, mistakes are hidden and left to breed further technical screw ups, exec team do NOT know how to lead (by example or otherwise), and integrity? Give me a break.

Advice to Management

Narcissism will be the ruination of this company. Wake up before you lose every single person who joined the company to make things better and live those values along with you.

"Exciting, challenging & fun place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a great sense of teamwork across all PubMatic offices. There is always someone who can help or point you in the right direction. There is a huge focus and effort around us being the best in the industry! We take pride in delivering the best technology and customer service to every one of our clients.

The company is filled with a large number of industry, product and technology experts who are looking at ways of sharing their knowledge across the business. PubMatic's Training and Development team have just launched a new and exciting learning tool for all employees to access. Knowledge & innovation is at the heart of our development.

The UK Leadership Team are extremely approachable and there is very much an open door policy! I have worked for some great and horrendous companies in the past and I would definitely consider PubMatic to be one of my favourite places to work. PubMatic is at an exciting point in it's growth and I can't wait to be part of its success.

Cons

HQ processes and procedures need to be localised as our Non US operations grow bigger and bigger!

Advice to Management

Find more ways of spending dedicated time with your global teams. The time you spend with them is invaluable and can go a long way to making your them feel appreciated and that their voices are heard!

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Front End Web Developer in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Front End Web Developer in Pune (India)

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot of opportunities are available to grow in terms of knowledge and for career as well.

Cons

As of now I have not face any issue and I seen that even people face any issue over here management are really happy to help.

Advice to Management

Nothing

5. "Good place to work and grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time

Pros

Solid management team
    Data and fact driven on decision making
    Focus on people and teams

Cons

Too many un-healthy snacks
    Can improve on catered lunch

6. "Well-run company with great people"

Pros

The company has completely rebuilt the culture in the last 2 years (which is why some of the older reviews here no longer make sense). Employee engagement and experience are the #1 priority for the management and it shows. It shows in things like special training to people managers to help them become better managers; setting aside budgets for personal development (ie if somebody wants to take a class in public speaking or excel, the company pays for it). Promotion cycles are quick and anybody deserving can get promoted as soon as she / he is ready (rather than waiting for 6 -12 months for the next promo cycle). Free lunches, company outings and other fun things in the office to ensure people enjoy coming to work and socializing with their colleagues. There is a culture of openness and transparency, where CEO and senior leadership openly share information about the company's performance with all employees at regular All-hands meetings, and anybody can ask any question. CEO and the management are able to make tough decisions and make them quickly, which is important for the company that wants to stay on the cutting edge of innovation.

Cons

The company is in the fast changing industry where the pace of change and innovation is breathtaking. As a result, priorities do change often to keep up pace with the industry shifts. If you are not used to rapid cycles and frequent course corrections, you may struggle here.

7. "Making Great Progress!"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PubMatic has been making tremendous progress in adapting its technology and business model to meet the needs of a changing industry. I enjoy focusing on helping publishers maximize the value of their digital assets - it seems like we are the only company really focused on these content producers. Maybe its a bit lofty - I really think that supporting these sites is part of what makes our democracy great.

Cons

The company has a lot going on - trying to solve a lot of problems - and that often leads to a flurry of activity happening at once. It's not boring, that's for sure, and it might be helpful to be more methodical at times.

Advice to Management

Keep the vision. Continue focusing on culture and the people. As a leader in the space, lets continue to lead and make others follow!

8. "Challenging and Fulfilling work in an ever changing industry"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Redwood City, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Redwood City, CA (US)

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Transparent culture from top to bottom. The company has tried very hard to define roles for employees while giving everyone ample opportunity to grow their careers. You are encourage to challenge yourself and managers challenge you. If we something that is wrong or inefficient, we are empowered to come up with a solution and implement it.

The industry has evolved and for the most part we've stayed ahead or at pace. That's important because we are able to maintain relevancy to our clients

Cons

Regional offices makes cross functional communication challenging sometimes. We often take on too much vs focusing on a few things.

Advice to Management

Keep up the focus on employee culture. Make sure that we don't get too diffused in company focus

9. "empowered and encouraged"

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

involved leadership team, that recognizes competency, and then rewards accomplishments with more empowerment, which leads to career acceleration

Cons

no SF location for non-sales employees

10. "Best Company ever"

Current Employee - AdOperation in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - AdOperation in Pune (India)

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best place to work. Cool People and no work pressure.

Cons

Not So far untilll u stop enjoying ur work

Advice to Management

N/A

11. "people manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- really feel you are working in a leading global software company with ambitions to be a leader in their field
     - very agile and realistic. i find the management team willing to make changes as the market develops which is crucial in a fast moving industry
     - team spirit is strong with a lot of collaboration and a true intent to help each other be successful on a regional level (I am in APAC) and globally

Cons

- training used to be patchy for new starters but has improved recently
     - we always feel they could pay more attention to the non-US part of the business. There has been a lot of investment though in people and data centres

Advice to Management

- keep doing what you doing and give your people all the support you can