Pubmatic Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Pubmatic Reviews

Updated 20 February 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good work life balance and flexible working options (in 15 reviews)

• Great Work culture, supportive managers (At least in the team I work into) less restrictions (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • They follow hire and fire policy (in 19 reviews)

• Continuous tight deadlines will make sure you have a difficult work/life balance (in 14 reviews)

"Challenging and Fulfilling work in an ever changing industry"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Redwood City, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Redwood City, CA (US)

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Transparent culture from top to bottom. The company has tried very hard to define roles for employees while giving everyone ample opportunity to grow their careers. You are encourage to challenge yourself and managers challenge you. If we something that is wrong or inefficient, we are empowered to come up with a solution and implement it.

The industry has evolved and for the most part we've stayed ahead or at pace. That's important because we are able to maintain relevancy to our clients

Cons

Regional offices makes cross functional communication challenging sometimes. We often take on too much vs focusing on a few things.

Advice to Management

Keep up the focus on employee culture. Make sure that we don't get too diffused in company focus

2. "empowered and encouraged"

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

involved leadership team, that recognizes competency, and then rewards accomplishments with more empowerment, which leads to career acceleration

Cons

no SF location for non-sales employees

3. "Best Company ever"

Current Employee - AdOperation in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - AdOperation in Pune (India)

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best place to work. Cool People and no work pressure.

Cons

Not So far untilll u stop enjoying ur work

Advice to Management

N/A

5. "Well-run company with great people"

Pros

The company has completely rebuilt the culture in the last 2 years (which is why some of the older reviews here no longer make sense). Employee engagement and experience are the #1 priority for the management and it shows. It shows in things like special training to people managers to help them become better managers; setting aside budgets for personal development (ie if somebody wants to take a class in public speaking or excel, the company pays for it). Promotion cycles are quick and anybody deserving can get promoted as soon as she / he is ready (rather than waiting for 6 -12 months for the next promo cycle). Free lunches, company outings and other fun things in the office to ensure people enjoy coming to work and socializing with their colleagues. There is a culture of openness and transparency, where CEO and senior leadership openly share information about the company's performance with all employees at regular All-hands meetings, and anybody can ask any question. CEO and the management are able to make tough decisions and make them quickly, which is important for the company that wants to stay on the cutting edge of innovation.

Cons

The company is in the fast changing industry where the pace of change and innovation is breathtaking. As a result, priorities do change often to keep up pace with the industry shifts. If you are not used to rapid cycles and frequent course corrections, you may struggle here.

6. "Making Great Progress!"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PubMatic has been making tremendous progress in adapting its technology and business model to meet the needs of a changing industry. I enjoy focusing on helping publishers maximize the value of their digital assets - it seems like we are the only company really focused on these content producers. Maybe its a bit lofty - I really think that supporting these sites is part of what makes our democracy great.

Cons

The company has a lot going on - trying to solve a lot of problems - and that often leads to a flurry of activity happening at once. It's not boring, that's for sure, and it might be helpful to be more methodical at times.

Advice to Management

Keep the vision. Continue focusing on culture and the people. As a leader in the space, lets continue to lead and make others follow!

7. "people manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- really feel you are working in a leading global software company with ambitions to be a leader in their field
     - very agile and realistic. i find the management team willing to make changes as the market develops which is crucial in a fast moving industry
     - team spirit is strong with a lot of collaboration and a true intent to help each other be successful on a regional level (I am in APAC) and globally

Cons

- training used to be patchy for new starters but has improved recently
     - we always feel they could pay more attention to the non-US part of the business. There has been a lot of investment though in people and data centres

Advice to Management

- keep doing what you doing and give your people all the support you can

"Good Mission in an Exciting Space"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time

Pros

- Great mission - focused on powering the free internet and publishing
    - Smart and fun team - people are very open and collaborative - people support each other and root for each other
    - Exciting space - ad tech changes daily, so everyday is interesting
    - Strong strategy - it's a tough place to differentiate, but PubMatic is better set up for a competitive future than most people realize (in my opinion)
    - Leadership shares a lot of data

Cons

- Very international company, which is awesome in a lot of regards, but can also make it tough to get things done fast if a lot of teams are required
    - The leadership could live the mission more as it's sometimes lost a bit in the day-to-day

Advice to Management

- Continue to keep the mission front and center

"A confused company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working in a company at the center of important trends of digital advertising enables one to get exposed to hot topics of brand safety, targeting, audience, fraud, ....

Cons

Quite a lot of favoritism and no growth opportunity
    Use Indian employees as slaves. Indians are under paid and cannot work for another company due to the visa type. After 5 years of slavery, they have to go back to India.
    Under tremendous pressure due to the lack of unique publisher/advertiser relationship
    Confused leadership team
    Asks employees to write fake Glassdoor reviews
    "Great Place to Work" survey was sent only to favorite selected employees

"No culture - No growth - No long term perspective"

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food
    Unlimited vacation
    Fast paced cool industry - Ad tech

Cons

Unable to attract and keep talent.
    Difficult time to monetize in 2017 due to competition and lack of unique offering
    Lack of leadership and vision

"QA ANALYS"

I worked at Pubmatic full-time

Pros

GOOD LEADERSHIP, work life balance opportunity, supportive HR

Cons

HIRING AND firing policy, No transparency to middle and lower management

Advice to Management

Trust your subordinates.