Pubmatic Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Pubmatic Reviews

Updated 16 January 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • GOOD LEADERSHIP, work life balance opportunity, supportive HR (in 14 reviews)

• Great Work culture, supportive managers (At least in the team I work into) less restrictions (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • They follow hire and fire policy (in 19 reviews)

• Continuous tight deadlines will make sure you have a difficult work/life balance (in 14 reviews)

1. "Great team and great place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Energizing place to work with great colleagues and great leadership.
    Free lunch, free snacks, good career ops
    Definitely the best place I have worked.
    Good career opportunities and training
    Great office location!

Cons

A lot of leadership is on the West Coast and NY has been very light on mature leaders (Just the CMO who is amazing!) however, it does seem this is now being addressed with a several new Senior hires in NY and more international visits.

Advice to Management

401K matching please and keep the focus on the cultural changes we have all noticed the improvements.

2. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time

Pros

PubMatic has just received a Great Place to Work certification based on feedback from the U.S. team members.

Cons

There really aren't any cons...

"Amazing company with a positive future"

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time

Pros

Good people
    Management that listen
    Diverse employees that work well together and support each other (in NY)

Cons

Long hours as some teams are short
    People work in fear of HR

Advice to Management

Fix the NY HR issue and people will stop leaving. Everything else you are doing is amazing

5. "Good people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

Pros

Passionate company, innovators in the ad tech space

Cons

Often highly reactive from product and customer service point of view

6. "Great company and awsome place to work!"

Former Employee - Director Media Solutions in Munich, Bayern (Germany)
    Former Employee - Director Media Solutions in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

I worked at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Visionary CEO who truly leads the industry with thought leadership

- Great atmosphere and spirit
    - Amazing team and colleagues
    - Strong diverse, culture
    - Moves fast to make decisions, agile processes
    - Employees are heard
    - flat hierarchy
    - regular intercontinental exchange on all relevant subjects

Cons

No cons from my side.

Advice to Management

Keep your spirit.

7. "Programmatic Leader"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I worked at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of learning, fast paced,

Cons

not too many cons here

"Join If you want to become a Dumb QA Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior QA Engineer in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Senior QA Engineer in Pune (India)

I have been working at Pubmatic (More than a year)

Pros

1.Good Pay

2.Work Life balance

3.Good Hike

4.Team Outings

Cons

1.Hire and Fire Policy
    2.No technical growth for QA ..pure Manual testing work
    3.Very dumb people in QA groups..they even don't know how to conduct interview

Advice to Management

keep the people who are working seriously ....80% public is just doing time pass atleast in QA Team

"Customer Success Review"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PubMatic's NY office offers a fun outing or event each month, in addition to free lunches on Mondays and Thursdays, random happy hours in the office, a summer outing, and a holiday party. The office has a ping pong table and a wellness room.

There is a lot to learn in regard to programmatic tech if you like, and their Pub University features hundreds of training and tech videos/presentations for you to peruse as you like.

You can also get promoted without doing a really great job or having management skills just so you'll stick around.

Cons

The communication between teams is not great, despite some awesome weekly training sessions. The CSM team is stifled and not able to service customers as other departments handle a lot of issues such as tech and troubleshooting, reporting requests, and overall demand issues. The clients are typically great but what you can do for them is severely limited and really relies on their inventory and the whims of various DSPs and exchanges.

The NY office is an odd atmosphere and didn't feel open or friendly. Feels cliquish and HR doesn't do much to change it, only add to the isolating feel.

Advice to Management

Doing a decent job at management level. Be more transparent and share plans of action, deadlines, and morale boosters. Main issue is the demand team; what are they doing? How can they make recommendations to the pub teams to push growth and PMP?

Pubmatic Response

11 Sep 2017 – Snr. Director of Talent

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We have made recent changes to improve the NY office and so far the feedback has been positive. Any further suggestions are very welcome I... More

"Stay Away..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

I worked at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Close to home, catered lunch, a few good co workers.

Cons

Management is toxic. People are promoted due to people leaving right and left.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach!

"It Comes From the Top..."

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time

Pros

The pay and benefits at PubMatic are great -- definitely better than industry standard, as long as you negotiate well for yourself up front. If you work here, your coworkers will make the day for you nearly every day. Our culture at PubMatic is easily the best I've seen in the business, especially in comparison with similar companies (Rubicon, Index, AppNexus). You'll make friends here, and you'll be sad if you see some go, but it's a sense of pride to see people move on and grow...which takes me into the cons.

Cons

There's little to no growth opportunity in most departments at PubMatic. They claim that you'll be eligible for promotions, but in order for those to happen, your manager will probably have to leave first. The leadership team isn't going anywhere (although if you ask me, there are several who could stand to at least change their attitudes), which means there's no movement for senior management and it all trickles down from there. In my time here the only upward movement has happened when someone quit or was fired. And I can't say which one was more frequent. The lack of opportunity for growth means that when there is a rare position open, it's more likely to go to whoever will say "yes" to their manager more often. Don't even think of pushing back against the will of management or even asking questions out of turn. If you're outspoken about anything, you'll never move up in this company.

The "faces" of PubMatic -- Rajeev and Kirk -- could not be more different from each other, but thankfully Rajeev tempers Kirk and his ego most of the time. It's unfortunate that someone with all of his connections treats his employees with such disregard for their feelings; he could really help people to grow but he chooses to allow people to fear crossing him. And it doesn't help that he's got HR in his pocket. If either one of them takes a dislike to you, they'll make your life a living hell -- until you either quit, or they find a reason to fire you. It's easier to play the game until you've got enough experience here to get poached by another company.

I'm not saying don't take the job. It's a great job. I'm happy enough here. But there are people that you need to avoid at all costs, unless you're kissing their butts.

Advice to Management

HR should function as a separate entity designed to support the employees, not the leadership team.

Teach your leaders how to create strong managers and develop talent. It's your biggest fault and the reason so many people leave. Find ways to cross-promote your employees.

Take a look at senior management, and who has been stagnant for so long. There's a reason for it. Look at the diversity within each team and look at who you've lost and why -- there's a pattern if you care to see it.

Take better care of your employees. Show them leadership is proud of them -- and not just during quarterly all-hands. We all work really hard to make this company a success and see little recognition for the hours we put in. Remember that the next time you have someone write your by-lines or force them to tag along to your parties so you can show how important you are.