Pulse (UK) Manager Reviews

0 Rating
  1. "Business Manager"

Current Employee - Business Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent company to work for with lots of support. Great opportunities for promotion.

Cons

There isn’t anything to mention

Pulse (UK)2019-02-21

March 1, 2019HR Business Partner

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to read that you feel there are good career opportunities here and that you'd recommend Pulse as a great place to work. We take on board your feedback and will share this with the senior managers.

"A once great company that has lost its way"

2.0
    Former Employee - Business Account Manager in Broxbourne, East of England, England

I worked at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There were some great people within the business. The CEO is a great leader, but his senior management let him down.

Cons

I worked for Pulse for over 10 years and the reviews I have seen on here do not reflect the poor treatment that I have seen happen especially over the last 2 years. The division I worked in had no direction or strategy. Poor decisions at senior management level lead to losing many major contracts and candidates. It all could have been different if they had listened to the staff who were on the ground who knew the market. This once great company who I absolutely loved working for let me down. Lack of support to do my job efficiently, poor communication, and being left to keep staff moral high after changes being made to the business that I had no say in. No career progression- a career pathway was spoken about and promised for over 3 years which never materialised. The bonus structure is an absolute joke for what is supposed to a recruitment company! finally the company of late has lost some really good employees who worked hard and grew the business at its peak, these employees were loyal and stayed because they wanted to see the company get to that success again, but you let them down. I'm still waiting for my exit interview so I thought I'd write a review.

Pulse (UK)2019-08-03

August 7, 2019HR Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry that your experience of working at Pulse wasn't as positive towards the end of your career as we'd like to achieve. I want to reassure you that we will take your feedback on board and ensure that we work with the Leadership team to address these concerns and take any remedial action to improve the experience of our employees both now and in the future. Thank you for your contribution to Pulse over the time you’ve worked with us. You have stated that you didn’t receive an exit interview; if you wish, please contact me at marcia.white@ukics.com, so that this can be arranged.

3. "Great opportunities"

Current Employee - Compliance Manager in Broxbourne, East of England, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pulse have put in place a great career pathway, which means you are in control of what you want to achieve in your career and the timescale in which to achieve it. There is a high level of on-going personal developement which is personally tailored rather than just attending generic training sessions.

Cons

Parking can sometimes be limited

Pulse (UK)2019-04-03

April 8, 2019HR Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are passionate about supporting our employees to help them to grow within Pulse and ICS; developing clear career paths and providing training and opportunities for progression is a key focus across our business. It's great to read about your positive experience thus far and I hope that you continue to develop and progress in your career here

4. "Pulse"

Sales Manager in Broxbourne, East of England, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) for more than 5 years

Pros

Pulse provide some of the best training and support that I have ever seen in a company. This has been echoed by a number of new recruits, as well as existing staff who have developed under the organisation. There are also fantastic opportunities for progression, as well as being able to develop a career within a reputable, stable and most importantly ethical company. Almost all of the management team have grown organically within the company which is proof of the career development available, as well as ensuring that the company maintains the same ethics and vision.

Cons

Given the scale of the organisation, decisions can sometimes take a while to be made or authorised. There can also be delays in implementing changes as they may need to be mirrored or approved company wide.

Pulse (UK)2019-01-28

March 8, 2019HR Business Partner

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are very passionate about supporting our employees to help them to grow within Pulse and ICS; developing clear career paths and providing training and opportunities for progression is definitely a key focus across our business. We are committed to gathering and acting upon feedback from our employees, finding out what's important and having an impact on their experience here and will continue to do so. We are always looking at ways in which we can continue to improve our business and really value your feedback.

5. "The company as a whole work ethically."

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Broxbourne, East of England, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have worked for Pulse for over a decade and I can honestly say I feel that they genuinely care about me as an individual and value my hard work. The company as a whole work ethically.

Cons

Working for such a large organisation means at times "processes" can hold you back and take time.

Pulse (UK)2019-01-29

June 14, 2019HR Business Partner

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. It's great to read about your positive experience and to see that you'd recommend this as a great place to work. Thank you for your continued service - if you have recommendations as to how our processes can be improved then do let us/your manager know.

6. "Build a fantastic career in recruitment!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Business Process Manager in Broxbourne, East of England, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Having worked for Pulse myself for nearly 15 years, it is clear that there is encouragement to develop our own management internally, instead of employing managers from outside the business, which gives us a key USP against competitors. Career development is so important and the pathway is visible from day one. There are a number of benefits including good basic annual leave, opportunity to buy/sell holiday, online discounts portal, health insurance to cover you/partner/family, as well as a pension scheme. Pulse is also invested in giving something back, so there are regular charity events and functions happening throughout the year, which the majority of people get involved in. I have and will continue to recommend anyone to work here, whether you want a career in recruitment, admin, HR, marketing, finance. The opportunities are endless!

Cons

Parking onsite at our office is a bit of a nightmare!

Pulse (UK)2019-01-26

March 1, 2019HR Business Partner

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are very passionate about supporting our employees to help them to grow within Pulse and ICS; developing clear career paths and providing training and opportunities for progression is definitely a key focus across our business. We are committed to gathering and acting upon feedback from our employees, finding out what's important and having an impact on their experience here and will continue to do so. It's great to read about your positive experience thus far and I hope that you continue to develop and progress in your career here.

7. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Case Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time

Pros

I have worked for the company for over 1 year and can safely say I have learnt a lot within the business. There is on-going training not only for internal employees but also our support workers, the training that we receive is by far the best training I have ever came across. Don't get me wrong in the past the office management haven't been there for me work wise but now there is a new structure and new management in place, I don't feel the dreaded feeling coming into the office I now feel every day is a challenge and i strive to do my best for my clients and my colleagues.

Cons

Paying for parking and on -call

Pulse (UK)2016-06-21

July 12, 2016Managing Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - it's great to read so many positive comments. We are passionate about creating a culture where our people feel supported; ensuring that we continue to make this a great place to work for everyone!

8. "Great opportunities and career pathways..."

Current Employee - Business Manager in London, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Enthusiastic, dedicated team Fantastic opportunities for career development in numerous locations across the whole of the healthcare sector Management team have strong values and are always approachable Rewards and benefits package is fantastic so you are always motivated to do better

Cons

Currently a tough market I'm struggling to write any cons - you get out what you put into this job and I have always been given the support to develop. The expectations are very high as you would expect from the leading temporary nursing supplier in the UK - it's a great place to be.

Pulse (UK)2016-05-06

May 11, 2016Group HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I see you have been with us for 8 years - Congratulations! It's great to hear that you have progressed your career with us and continue to do so - you'll know that career development and progression are something we feel very passionate about. We will always continue to invest in our people!

9. "Supportive and encouraging"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Having a supportive Managing Director is one major plus when I started working here. She took the time to understand my strengths and development areas and work on them with me. Receiving a pat on the back and a "well done" is really important regardless of what level you are at and she always has the time to talk and run through ideas or concerns - work related or not. This makes working through the good times really fun and enjoyable and working through the hard times worthwhile. Worthwhile for a company and brand I believe in and working alongside people just as passionate in achieving our desired outcome.

Cons

Although there is opportunity for professional growth from entry-level up to manager level there isn't an obvious career path once at manager level.

Pulse (UK)2016-05-06

July 18, 2016Head of HR

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are passionate about working with our people to identify their strengths and development areas. It's great that you have a supportive Managing Director and that she always has the time to talk through your ideas or concerns. We will of course continue to be open and honest. Thank you for your feedback.

"disgraceful and disrespectful"

1.0
    Case Manager in London, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK)

Pros

cant think of anything currently because of their policy of lying to people on this site

Cons

incompetent and agree with post of 12 may underhand tactics by management to cover up serious inadequacies. They are all about making money quickly, lots of backstabbing, compliance managers dont know what they are doing, change the job conditions to save money, lots of ego tripping, think they are the best in the world but are immature

Pulse (UK)2016-05-15

May 18, 2016Group HR Director

Thank you for your review post. It's disappointing to read your comments. I note that you are a current employee. I would be grateful if you could follow up with me directly on rozie.edwards@ukics.com so I can look to address any specific issues.

Found 17 reviews