Pulse (UK) Reviews

1 Rating
  1. "Pulse"

Sales Manager in Broxbourne, East of England, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) for more than 5 years

Pros

Pulse provide some of the best training and support that I have ever seen in a company. This has been echoed by a number of new recruits, as well as existing staff who have developed under the organisation. There are also fantastic opportunities for progression, as well as being able to develop a career within a reputable, stable and most importantly ethical company. Almost all of the management team have grown organically within the company which is proof of the career development available, as well as ensuring that the company maintains the same ethics and vision.

Cons

Given the scale of the organisation, decisions can sometimes take a while to be made or authorised. There can also be delays in implementing changes as they may need to be mirrored or approved company wide.

Pulse (UK)2019-01-28

March 8, 2019HR Business Partner

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are very passionate about supporting our employees to help them to grow within Pulse and ICS; developing clear career paths and providing training and opportunities for progression is definitely a key focus across our business. We are committed to gathering and acting upon feedback from our employees, finding out what's important and having an impact on their experience here and will continue to do so. We are always looking at ways in which we can continue to improve our business and really value your feedback.

2. "The company as a whole work ethically."

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Broxbourne, East of England, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have worked for Pulse for over a decade and I can honestly say I feel that they genuinely care about me as an individual and value my hard work. The company as a whole work ethically.

Cons

Working for such a large organisation means at times "processes" can hold you back and take time.

Pulse (UK)2019-01-29

June 14, 2019HR Business Partner

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. It's great to read about your positive experience and to see that you'd recommend this as a great place to work. Thank you for your continued service - if you have recommendations as to how our processes can be improved then do let us/your manager know.

3. "Build a fantastic career in recruitment!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Business Process Manager in Broxbourne, East of England, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Having worked for Pulse myself for nearly 15 years, it is clear that there is encouragement to develop our own management internally, instead of employing managers from outside the business, which gives us a key USP against competitors. Career development is so important and the pathway is visible from day one. There are a number of benefits including good basic annual leave, opportunity to buy/sell holiday, online discounts portal, health insurance to cover you/partner/family, as well as a pension scheme. Pulse is also invested in giving something back, so there are regular charity events and functions happening throughout the year, which the majority of people get involved in. I have and will continue to recommend anyone to work here, whether you want a career in recruitment, admin, HR, marketing, finance. The opportunities are endless!

Cons

Parking onsite at our office is a bit of a nightmare!

Pulse (UK)2019-01-26

March 1, 2019HR Business Partner

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are very passionate about supporting our employees to help them to grow within Pulse and ICS; developing clear career paths and providing training and opportunities for progression is definitely a key focus across our business. We are committed to gathering and acting upon feedback from our employees, finding out what's important and having an impact on their experience here and will continue to do so. It's great to read about your positive experience thus far and I hope that you continue to develop and progress in your career here.

4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Trainee Consultant in Broxbourne, East of England, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) part-time for less than a year

Pros

Competitive salary for out of town Team really gels together - real team spirit Good working conditions - nice offices - great managers Job is fun and no two days are the same

Cons

None so far, very happy

Pulse (UK)2019-01-14

March 1, 2019HR Business Partner

Hi - thanks for taking the time to feedback on your experience at Pulse. It's great to read that you would recommend this as a place to work and that you are enjoying the role, working environment and the team spirit. We take on board your advice and we certainly want to retain our staff. I hope that you continue to see this as a great place to progress your career.

5. "Great Place to work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Broxbourne, East of England, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than a year

Pros

The training and support I have received since joining the business has been excellent, I can always turn to managers and directors for advice. Working with a really good team makes coming into work a pleasure and I have felt welcome and part of the team since day 1. I also know that if I want to progress here I can and the career path is clear and available. I love that I get to deal with different businesses that fall under the umbrella of UKICS, this makes my days varied and stimulating.

Cons

Personally for me there aren't any cons that are noteworthy.

Pulse (UK)2018-09-28

January 10, 2019Head of Resourcing and Talent Planning

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. I'm really pleased to hear about your experience within your team and that you've benefited from how approachable our management and leadership team are. It's especially great to see that you've noted that we have a a clear career pathway, we have an abundance of opportunities here at ICS, and we look forward to having you progress with us!

6. "Great at the beginning"

I worked at Pulse (UK) full-time

Pros

Good people, good benefits, dress down Fridays

Cons

Too much pressure on targets when the industry was changing

Pulse (UK)2018-08-31
  7. "Fantastic recruitment company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broxbourne, East of England, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent career progression, great benefits, real family feel, open and honest management, first class training, allows autonomy in role, forward thinking and encourages innovation.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to measure performance if profits aren’t moving forward - this is generally the nature of recruitment.

Pulse (UK)2018-08-14

August 17, 2018Group HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We've worked hard to ensure we create career progression opportunities for everyone so it great to hear this is having a positive impact. It also great to hear that we've retained a family feel despite our growth. We will continue to listen to our staff as always. Thanks

"Pretty good"

Current Employee - Trainee Consultant in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good team Great benefits Company looks after you Open door to management at any time

Cons

Teams are falling apart Resignation galore Commission structure needs MAJOR REVAMP!

Pulse (UK)2018-05-08

June 15, 2018Group HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We pride ourselves on having an open and honest culture so it's great to see one of your pros as 'open door'. It's really disappointing to hear your comments in relation to teams falling apart. What I can re-assure you of is that we have had a recent change to some areas of the leadership team within the Pulse business and we are confident that issues you refer to will be looked at as a priority, we absolutely do not want people to leave us. I note that you are a current employee - I am happy to discuss further feedback with you so please do get in touch if you wish to. Thanks again.

"Mixed bag - has its pros and cons"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly colleagues and candidates. Good benefits package.

Cons

Often find that you are the last to hear about changes that are being introduced. Company always wants more and more from you. Very target driven. Bonus was taken away except for a few "privileged" colleagues.

Pulse (UK)2018-03-09

April 6, 2018Group HR Director

Many thanks for leaving us a review. We always appreciate feedback, whether good or bad, in order to help us make Pulse a great place to work. I will ensure that your comments are fed back to all Pulse senior management team, particularly around communication, given that often simple changes can make a big difference when it comes to sharing important information. Thanks again for your contribution to Pulse over the time you’ve worked with us.

"Good start to a recruitment career"

I worked at Pulse (UK)

Pros

-Colleagues in the office very warm and welcoming -Team culture is strong and emphasis on working as a team -On-Boarding programme teaches you everything you need to succeed -Ongoing training and development opportunities -Kings Cross location is easy to get to if you live in London -team drinks/office competitions and charity work have become more frequent since 2017.

Cons

-Lack of career progression or a clear pathway after initial promotions. -Bonus structure isn't the clearest in comparison to competitiors -KPIs are very rigid meaning there is little room for consultants who are successful outside of the traditional mould.

Pulse (UK)2017-12-29

January 4, 2018Managing Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you feel our on-boarding programme sets our people up for success and that you experienced on-going training and development opportunities and frequent team and charity events whilst you were working with us. We are very passionate about supporting our employees to help them to grow within ICS; developing clear career paths, providing training and opportunities for progression is definitely a key focus across our business. We will of course continue keep the office culture - it's great to hear that you would recommend us as a great place to start your career!

Found 113 reviews