Pulse (UK) Reviews

"Not for me"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than a year

Pros

you could help yourself to a free drink in the kitchen every friday, friday games, free tea and coffee, recruitment and compliance team were very welcoming.

Cons

Constantly criticised on a daily basis, was told I don’t know how to use outlook properly or send or delete emails, told i was making the business lose money,constant demotivating remarks from my manager via email and verbally infront of other staff daily at the Kings x branch. Witnessed emails between senior staff talking rudely about lower ranking staff as they’d forgotten to delete emails from team inbox. Also witnessed bullying in other teams and constant swearing between staff in conversations.Witnessed someone resign while I was there also due to bullying. Went home crying twice,In the end i left due to this.

Pulse (UK)2018-01-29

January 30, 2018Group HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Some of your comments are extremely concerning and I would therefore encourage you to contact me directly at Rozie.Edwards@ukics.com so I can address any specific concerns you have. We work hard to create a culture which is engaging and rewarding for all our people and if we fall short of this we will take appropriate steps to rectify it.

2. "A&E Nurse"

4.0
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in London, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It allows you to be flexible, pick your shifts and hospitals you want to work in

Cons

Not being part of a team

Pulse (UK)2017-12-23

January 4, 2018Managing Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Whilst it is great that you value our flexibility, it's disappointing to hear that you don't feel part of a team. Our culture very much encourages a collaborative, team approach; I would encourage you to speak with your manager in the first instance, as we are passionate about ensuring that all our people have the opportunity to organise and be part of regular team events, both with their immediate teams and across the wider business.

3. "Did not enjoy my experience!"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Pulse (UK) full-time for less than a year

Pros

Team trips out once targets have been met.

Cons

No probation reviews were carried out during employment, no thorough trainning provided to perform job to a high standard. Work colleagues were not pleasant to be around. Management had favourites and those that were more quiet but worked hard were often not rewarded.

Pulse (UK)2017-11-20

November 21, 2017Group HR Director

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that your experience of working at Pulse wasn't as positive as we'd like to achieve. I want to reassure you that we will take your feedback on board and ensure that we work with the Management and Leadership team to address these concerns and take any remedial action so as to improve the experience of our employees both now and in the future.

4. "Good company to work for"

5.0
    Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in London, England

I worked at Pulse (UK) for more than a year

Pros

-Cares about its employees -Has growth opportunities -regular bonus incentives

Cons

None I encountered within the one year I was there

Pulse (UK)2017-09-04

September 27, 2017Managing Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

5. "good agency to work for"

5.0

I worked at Pulse (UK) full-time

Pros

strong management, impressive vision, investment in the future

Cons

not much really, technology platform required some work but was being taken care of

Pulse (UK)2017-08-15

September 27, 2017Managing Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Your feedback is appreciated.

6. "A lot of changes a foot"

I worked at Pulse (UK) full-time

Pros

Great benefits, commission structures (in the right sector) not you're hard sell enviroment

Cons

Just a number, only just starting an induction scheme, no in house training on systems, left down to managers, no clear progression

Pulse (UK)2017-08-23

September 27, 2017Managing Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. As you have mentioned, our on-boarding programme and career pathways are currently being rolled out across the business. We want to ensure that both our inductions and opportunities for progression are not only right for each area of the business but are also sustainable for the future, hence why this has taken time to implement within each division. It's great to hear that whilst you were working for us you considered our benefits, commission structure and our work environment to be positive aspects of our business. We are always looking at ways in which we can continue to improve our business and really value your feedback.

"Worst job ever."

Current Employee - Support Worker in Leeds, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for less than a year

Pros

Customers are lovely and so are the families. All I can say about the pro's for this company. That's the only reason I stayed.

Cons

Where do I start. Hate going into the office cos you know they will talk about you when you leave. Ring leader is management. Completely bully you until you have no self esteem left. Make you feel useless and worthless. Best thing that the right decision was made by closing the branch. At least nobody else will be bullied. Manager been bullying for at least 5 years and gets away with it all the time. This job made me so ill due to being intimated and bullied. The customers are lovely and that's the only reason I stayed so long. Pity that I can't say anything nice about the office staff. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Pulse (UK)2017-08-08

"Sharks don't only swim in water"

I worked at Pulse (UK) full-time

Pros

Nice office, few friendly individuals and nice chilled water.

Cons

Pulse are the perfect example of why recruiters get a bad name. For an individual with confidence, from the minute I set foot into that place I felt intimidated and looked down on. The company culture is awful. A very dog eat dog environment where you can tell that everyone is in it for the money and for themselves. Even when you are greeted by the employees on your first day you can read right through their artificial smiles. As I see other people have said, they are a very one dimensional "our way or the highway" type firm. A wide variety of arrogant, stubborn personalities. You cannot even voice your opinion in the most professional way without some giving you a glare or a sarcastic, rude remark. It really is the lion's den and you get bullied and intimidated from the word go which for a job that requires you to communicate for a living really does affect your confidence and self esteem. I strongly advise everyone to avoid working at this place. There is a strong reason why their staff retention rate is so low and if you go on any job boards like reed, totaljobs etc you will see that they are constantly advertising new vacancies. I wonder why that is?

Pulse (UK)2017-08-04

August 7, 2017Group HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I can assure you that your experience is not representative of the way we treat our people or of the culture we aspire to achieve across the business. It would be useful to know what area of the business you worked in and to understand your review in more detail so we can look to address any issues. Please contact me in confidence at rozie.edwards@ukics.com

"We weren't compatible!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than a year

Pros

* work parties and Christmas party with awards. * Friday chill down drinks at the office * private health insurance- optional * direct contact with associates

Cons

* bonus scheme is not fair, prioritize teamwork instead of individual! * training needs improvement * no bonus during your probation period

Pulse (UK)2017-02-13

March 16, 2017Head of HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Whilst it's great to hear that the work parties, awards, private medical insurance and direct contact with the associates were pros whilst you were working here at Pulse, it's also very disappointing to hear about your concerns. Over the last two years we have invested significantly in our learning and development provisions; putting in place a number of dedicated Talent Development Consultants across the business. We have seen a number of bespoke training programmes rolled out; including our new starter on-boarding programme, technical skill training, and our tailored management development programmes. We are passionate about creating a culture of growth and transparency and have worked with a number of divisions to create career pathways and clear bonus and pay structures - the feedback has been fantastic. If you have any ideas on how we can make further improvements, it would be great to talk through them. Please feel free to contact me on ria.weller@ukics.com.

"Such a great company to work for"

4.0

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time

Pros

Nice friendly team around the office, that are there to support you, help you grow and develop within the company. Well structured training provided at the start of employment

Cons

Although training is a a pro of the company, the longer you work for the company, the less meetings you have with your progress within the firm

Pulse (UK)2016-12-13

February 2, 2017Head of HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - it's great to read so many positive comments about our company. Here at ICS, we believe that it’s important to have regular discussions about performance and progression. As well as our career pathways, 121s and appraisals with your line manager, provide guidance and advice on how you can progress. There are many opportunities here at ICS for people who would like to progress -it’s great that you are looking forward to growing and pursuing your career within our company

Found 113 reviews