QIAGEN Marketing Intern Reviews

4.2
QIAGEN Interim CEO Thierry Bernard
Thierry Bernard
0 Rating
  1. "My perspective from Internal Audit Intern at QIAGEN"

Former Intern - Internal Audit Intern in Germantown, MD

I worked at QIAGEN for less than a year

Pros

As for my personal experience for the position of Internal Audit Department, I would strongly recommend this internship if you are interested in audit field. Germantown, Maryland is a good location, close to Washington D.C. and comfortable climate. The working environment in Germantown is excellent. Company provides canteens and gym for employees, and everyone works with one laptop and two monitors. The time is fixed, five days a week, every day from 8:30am to 5:00pm. Specifically for the internal audit job, I mainly implemented audit test in different aspects, i.e. revenue, expense, inventory, accounts payables and receivables, etc, making sure that they are in alignment with SOX. At first you may find the workload is a bit intense but later you will enjoy more since you get more familiar with using the Wdesk (a reporting and compliance cloud platform) to perform all kinds of testing under the detailed guidance of your internal audit senior manager.

Cons

If you do not audit, maybe this is not your type of tea.

2. "Great experience for a college student."

5.0
    Former Intern - Quality Control Intern

I worked at QIAGEN for less than a year

Pros

Taught me so many things outside of quality control, really wanted to give me a good, meaningful experience.

Cons

My project assigned was kinda tedious

3. "HR Intern Review"

5.0
    Current Intern - Human Resources Intern in Germantown, MD

I have been working at QIAGEN

Pros

interning part-time with the HR department - seems like a great company to gain experience with! There's the opportunity to work with and learn from people in all different areas of HR, since the Germantown office houses most North American HR services. Very excited for the opportunity!

Cons

So far everything is great!

4. "Marketing Associate"

Marketing Intern in Germantown, MD

I worked at QIAGEN

Pros

People are very nice! I also love the first floor cafe. The whole building is beautiful and clean.

Cons

Lots of turnovers. Very few people you will actually get contacted.

"Marketing Intern"

Marketing Intern in Frederick, MD

I worked at QIAGEN

Pros

Good mentorship, trusted product line

Cons

Although an intern, salary was very low.

"Good Employer"

Marketing Intern in Washington, DC

I have been working at QIAGEN

Pros

Good Employer, Good people around, you can learn a lot about healthcare here. You can be an expert after several years here. You can learn a lot!

Cons

Low pay, I was expecting more. Hard work. I do not understand many medical terms and they are expecting interns to do a lot of work Few interns here work together.

"Intern at QIAGEN"

Current Intern - Intern in Germantown, MD

I have been working at QIAGEN for less than a year

Pros

Good work/life balance, friendly work environment, diversified culture, a lot of fun people who are passionate at what they are doing

Cons

More open communication needed between teams , process and IT system need to be improved

"Mediocre Internship"

Former Intern - Global Market Development Intern in Germantown, MD

I worked at QIAGEN for less than a year

Pros

Coworkers were friendly and helpful, especially when I was tackling to the learning curve of not having worked in the industry before.

Cons

US division has been going through some restructuring, so there were times when people didn't know what others were responsible for. In my role, I wasn't given a lot of direction or training and was expected to just go.

9. "If mundane is your taste then Qiagen is the place."

R&D Intern in Gaithersburg, MD

I worked at QIAGEN

Pros

I worked in the Assay Transfer group, which had a great team of employees to work with. The work being done at Qiagen is for a very noteworthy cause, and certainly demands diligence in providing a diagnostic assay that many women around the world rely on. Management very flexible with personal life.

Cons

Work in the Assay Transfer group is under the Development sector of R and D, which proved to be quite repetitive and boring. I worked there for 2 summers and there was not much excitement or dynamic that I hoped to experience as an intern. Stilled learned a lot though. Also, Human Resources department is horrible.

10. "nice company"

Intern in Gaithersburg, MD

I have been working at QIAGEN

Pros

work culture is good. Time line production. environment of offfice is good. everyone work as team. reward sytem is there. support to new comers.

Cons

little hasty work conditions. everyone work in a competitive manner. reward sytem is not clearly understood. every week meetings. meetings should be biweekly

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 10 reviews