QinetiQ Group Reviews

Found 265 of over 407 reviews

3.9
QinetiQ Group CEO Steve Wadey
Steve Wadey
Pros
  • "Interesting work, clever people (without big heads(in 43 reviews)

• "Good range of benefits with flexible working generally available with line manager approval(in 39 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Bad middle management during covid(in 27 reviews)

• "Some senior management or 'leaders' operate completely separately from the Subject Matter Experts (SME's) on the shop floor(in 19 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Sep 20, 2021 - Project Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive, lots of training, and warm environment

Cons

I have no negative comments

2. 5.0

Great company

Sep 15, 2021 - Exercise Physiologist in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Looks after it staff and employees

Cons

No publicly shared pay grade system

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Growing company and great projects - still suffers from hierarchical leadership

Sep 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Fantastic projects - Really great people - Good learning environment - Good management during Covid

Cons

- Culture remains fragmented accross the group - Exec team still likes to 'tell' rather than 'listen' - Company has got a little obsessed with profit and seems to be forgetting its key asset - the people

Continue reading
    4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Good place to work

Aug 25, 2021 - Commercial Manager in Bristol, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, flexible working, good comms

Cons

Progression is difficult, training budget limited and pay is average.

5. 4.0

Interesting and Pioneering Engineering

Aug 25, 2021 - Autonomous Systems Engineer in Canterbury, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting profession with a big range of challenges and projects

Cons

Can be a very bureaucratic organisation

6. 5.0

Everyday is a School Day at QinetiQ

Aug 16, 2021 - Project Manager in Salisbury, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- QinetiQ delivery really important projects supporting security and defence interests. - Wide range of projects and capabilities from flight test, to cyber, to maritime design, satellite systems, electric propulsion, simulation and training, test pilot school, aircraft design, RF technology etc. - Growing business with a good strategy.

Cons

- Over coming civil service heritage challenges.

Group Resourcing Partner

Thank you for your great comments. We are really pleased you feel so engaged. We are working on educating our customers to ensure best working practices are followed.

7. 3.0

Great job Poor Pay

Aug 27, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Lincoln, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Exciting work and great people

Cons

Minimal reward for anything you do

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

A bit dated but fine. Interesting subject matter

Aug 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

On the whole people lovely and also very smart. They do a lot of interesting work and you learn loads about areas you didn’t know even were a thing! Had some fascinating conversations and saw many clever people really excelling in their fields. Pretty much every stakeholder I dealt with was approachable, kind and enthusiastic about their work which was great.

Cons

Huge mess around re: whether contractors were to be kept on or not during covid, which to be honest dominated my time towards the end. Was told on more than one occasion I was going to be let go only then for nothing to happen - which was a better outcome than being let go but made my workload very stop-start as I kept thinking I’d have to finish soon and handover. Related to this pre-covid they were very old school re:working from home. Everyone came in every day and still wore suits etc which lead to a somewhat pale/male/stale feeling. Think the pandemic brought them kicking and screaming into modernity a bit tho (which is a good thing). Huge military style emphasis on who’s who in the hierarchy rather than treating everyone the same. Some pretty rubbish ideas were listened to just because of who they were said by, rather than if those ideas are any good. Personally I was not very well supported especially with approvals processes which were interminable at times.

Continue reading

Group Resourcing Partner

QinetiQ’s response throughout the pandemic, has been (and still is) focused on protecting our health and wellbeing and that of our families, continuing to deliver for our customers, and retaining staff where possible whilst sustaining our company for the long term. Any decision to reduce contracted staff has been done with careful thought and unfortunately we had to make some difficult decisions along the way. Further enhancements were made in July this year, when we shared our company guidance on working principles to provide a proactive and flexible framework to how and where we work. This is underpinned by informal and formal flexible working, enabling us to adapt our working patterns to meet customer and team commitments, as well as our individual needs. Embracing this flexibility on optimal working patterns will help us to improve our performance, create better engagement and enable us to grow. Over the last 2-3 years, much work has been undertaken to implement technological advancements, operating globally, and has pushed parts of our business to adapt how they work. We have invested in a number of new global digital tools such as Success Factors which has streamlined and improved the approvals process and hiring accountability.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company moving in the right direction

Aug 1, 2021 - Aerospace Engineer in Salisbury, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A good company with a clear drive to develop and transform, though a long way to go as still using old tools. TOIL is fantastic and the benefits package is good

Cons

A workforce with a lot of experience but struggles to mentor and pass that experience down. Leads to a lot of retention issues

Group Resourcing Partner

Thank you for your feedback, we are pleased to hear that you enjoy the benefits package. We have invested in a new tool called Success Factors that will support managers in training and the day to day management of their team. There are also lots of new opportunities for employees to attend career courses through the Academy.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

A great place to work

Jul 27, 2021 - Business Development Manager in Great Malvern, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

New CEO is a breath of fresh air

Cons

Many cumbersome procedures slow business down

Group Resourcing Partner

Many thanks for the feedback. We have introduced some new tools which will aim to speed up and streamline processes. If you have any specific ideas, then please let your functional manager know and we can look into this.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 265 Reviews