QinetiQ Group Senior Engineer Reviews

Updated Aug 27, 2021

Found 10 of over 408 reviews

QinetiQ Group CEO Steve Wadey
Steve Wadey

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Brilliant boffins but inconsistent management

Mar 18, 2018 - Senior Engineer in Great Malvern, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Real personal autonomy, technically interesting work, genuinely intelligent colleagues, meaningful employee engagement, significant customer impact, supported professional development, well equipped offices

Cons

Random management initiatives, regular incomplete change programmes, continual demands to do more with less, no union recognition, lessons learnt documents are written but not read

Group Resourcing Partner

Thanks for your comment, you obviously worked alongside many of our brilliant technical minds at our Malvern site, which is a real hub for thinking and innovative ideas. You raise some important points around change and we are continually trying to improve and evolve how we transform our organisation. Hopefully you will hear from former colleagues that we are working to take on board many of your points. Thanks for posting.

2. 3.0
    Current Employee

Great job Poor Pay

Aug 27, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Lincoln, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exciting work and great people

Cons

Minimal reward for anything you do

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Lack of career progression, short sighted decision making, poor management, slow and poor decision making chain

Jul 30, 2020 - Senior Software Engineer in Malvern, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work can be interesting, work balance can be ok but not always

Cons

Creates pressure due to poor management, should support staff better so they can perform better

4. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

No Mission or Vision

Jun 12, 2018 - Senior Engineer in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employees at the sharp end are committed and are very competent. Varied and interesting work. Good customer relations.

Cons

4 Redundancies programmes already this year. Either the higher and middle management do not know what they are doing or they are streamlining ready to sale, probably to BAE. Middle management do not make decisions and do not take responsibility, If they worked in a Pub they probably could not pour a pint of beer.

3 people found this review helpful

Group Resourcing Partner

Thank you for your feedback. We acknowledge that there have been some difficult decisions made and these have had a significant impact on individuals affected by redundancy programmes. As a result of these changes we have now moved into a period of sustained financial growth which is benefitting our employees. We understand your views around middle management and our new on-line engagement tool is providing managers with direct and timely feedback on issues of concern to employees. Additionally our manager development programme is upskilling and empowering our managers to better lead our people.

5. 3.0

Changing face of QinetiQ

May 2, 2018 - Senior Design Engineer in Sevenoaks, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The majority of staff at the “coal face” are professional, committed and dedicated to the company and the interesting work.

Cons

The management within QinetiQ are very poor in listening to the staff and only care on protecting their own positions within the company. Working conditions at a number of sites are do not reflect the image QinetiQ tries to display to the wider community. Pay is below the industry norm and pay awards are low and decisive.

Group Resourcing Partner

We are sorry that you see a difference between certain groups of employees of some doing real work and others not. We have many roles and types of employees and often it is hard to fully understand the contribution of all of our teams. We have been working hard to ensure that we are listening to our employees and taking on board comments so than you for posting it is really appreciated.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Really rather poor

May 27, 2017 - Senior Engineer in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good interesting projects and some really interesting people to work with.

Cons

Appalling management and pay. Total old boys club management with absolute disregard for employees - no idea how they get into the roles, suspect secret society links.

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Contractor

Feb 6, 2017 - Senior Security Network Engineer in Guildford, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I learnt a lot working hear most of the team were good guys to be honest. Some of the projects where really interesting pieces of work very Cisco ASA heavy environment. relaxed environment.

Cons

Very clicky environment with some members of the the team. not willing to share nobody really talks to each other at time only when they need to sadly can be a bit draining when your looking for input and nobody answers your questions

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

QinetiQ Malvern

Sep 19, 2016 - Senior Systems Software Engineer in Malvern, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Many Interesting projects to work on. Flexible time working which is good if you have child care and schools to consider.

Cons

Poor salary. Constant re-organisation of management structures Career structure is good for a graduate to stay for a few year then best to leave. For longer serving staff then its just dead mans shoes.

6 people found this review helpful
  9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Employees treated with disdain while higher management snout the trough.

Dec 29, 2013 - Senior Engineer in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some interesting varied work on aerospace and defence related projects, whilst the company will not invest career wise in emplyees you do have a chance to get some experience on high tech equipment.

Cons

No investment in staff,treated like a mug and under paid

10. 1.0
    Current Employee

Once great, now not so much.

Sep 23, 2011 - Senior Systems Engineer in Great Malvern, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Within the technical teams there is good camaraderie which makes QQ a bearable place to work. Work content is varied and interesting.

Cons

There appears to be at least 2 managers for every "money generator". This commercial overhead is crippling the company. Pay has decreased in real terms over the last few years. Reduction in T&Cs for the people who are below the bonus line make QQ an expensive place to work.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 English Reviews