Find jobs for Senior Scientist

QinetiQ Group CEO Steve Wadey
Steve Wadey
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A really nice environment to work in!

Feb 8, 2019 - Research Scientist in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting work, clever people (without big heads!) and a culture that both supports and encourages you to be your best.

Cons

None that I have seen to date!

3 people found this review helpful

Group Resourcing Partner

Thank you for your feedback. QinetiQ has been on a journey of improvement and we are pleased that the efforts made by the whole team are reflected in your comments. We will continue to aspire to the very highest standards. We would be delighted if you could provide this feedback directly and share your colleagues.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Good place to work, but no longer as innovative as it used to be

Mar 7, 2021 - Research Scientist in Malvern, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great work-life balance

Cons

Still feels like civil service at times

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work, lack of progression

Feb 7, 2021 - Scientist in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some great colleagues and interesting work, flexible working.

Cons

Their pay structure is very secretive, this can lead to big differences in pay.

1 person found this review helpful

Group Resourcing Partner

Thanks for taking the time to write a good review. We acknowledge that pay remains a sensitive and personal subject and we work hard to keep personal data safe. Our reward structure however is transparent for employees and we maintain strongly competitive market pay with an unparalleled suite of additional employee benefits.

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great people, interesting work - still privatising.

Nov 18, 2020 - Data Scientist in Malvern, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people, interesting work, good support system.

Cons

The salary was behind market-value, was still transitioning from public to private. This meant the older heads had large public sector pensions not made available to newer members of staff.

5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Expect a lot of stress and low pay

Dec 20, 2019 - Research Scientist in Great Malvern, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours. Onsite gym membership.

Cons

Low pay. High pressure that treats Scientific Research as a turnkey job.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Bright people hounded by idiotic management

Jan 21, 2019 - Senior Scientist in Great Malvern, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the sites are in extremely beautiful parts of the United Kingdom

Cons

Shockingly poor management, continual introduction of new business models, the senior management are in complete ignorance of the drive and ability of those who make the organisation work. A bullying culture, with HR acting as little more than secret policemen, and a performance development process, that is nothing but systematised cronyism

10 people found this review helpful

Group Resourcing Partner

Thank you for your feedback. Sorry that this has been your personal experience. We work closely with our people and our employee engagement groups and work hard to create a positive experience for everyone that works in QinetiQ. We are proud of our Code of Conduct that clearly states that we do not tolerate bullying in any form within QinetiQ and we always take any allegations extremely seriously. QinetiQ’s journey of continuous improvement has delivered our 3rd year of growth and our all employee incentive scheme recognises the contribution of all of our employees.

7. 3.0
    Current Employee

Has everything a company needs to be great but management holds it back

Jun 28, 2018 - Scientist in Malvern, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some excellent people that are both friendly and very capable. A wide variety of work that will have something of interest for everyone. Very relaxed working environment and flexible hours. Outstandingly beautiful location.

Cons

My pay review in 2017 was below inflation. As a member of technical staff I cannot see how to progress my career on any reasonable timescale. Redundancies announced this year (affecting some early in their careers) have damaged moral and highlighted management disconnect. Information given out at different levels of the business is routinely inconsistent.

3 people found this review helpful

Group Resourcing Partner

Thank you for your thoughts. We are very passionate about ensuring we engage all our employees and our Early Careers programme. We have recently launched a new Early Careers framework and are working hard to ensure that communications; placements and development for all our apprentices; graduates and placements are both consistent and useful. The recent redundancies have impacted on morale, as is sadly normally the case, and we understand that at local team level this can have significant impact on team morale and these decisions are not taken at all lightly. We have worked very hard to mitigate wherever possible to ensure that the voluntary route was available. Ensuring a growing organisation has the right profile of skills is always challenging but we really take on board your comments and the management team are working hard to understand and remain connected. Whilst we have experienced some redundancies this year salaries will again be reviewed and we have been delighted to launch the new all employee incentive which is currently on track. Thanks again for your comments.

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Apr 6, 2017 - Research Scientist in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very interesting work Flexible working hours

Cons

Employees able to coast by on the coat tales of hard workers while receiving same pay Little to no job progression Moving towards Matrix Management

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Interesting work.

Mar 1, 2017 - Research Scientist in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting work. Good facilities. Flexi time & work life balance.

Cons

Poor middle & upper management.

10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Scientist QinetiQ

Feb 7, 2016 - Scientist in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very good conditions, flexi time, plenty of holidays and good pension.

Cons

Bad leadership. Declining customer base.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Reviews